Most Christians are ignorant of Gods word concerning diet and lifestyle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Karraster

Worms, not fish hook and line law ;)

And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.
Still this does not prohibit the use of worms in fishing. Where's the verse that says it's prohibited? It's a simple question, I'm not asking for an overreaching interpretation

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Good thing Jesus made ALL things new and we need not chase after following the Law.
I was in error on the fish with net only thing, thank you for leading me to research it.
I have heard preachers rail against eating a lobster or a shrimp as the Law spoke against it.
Funny how Jesus came to free us from the Law, and you have to go to some churches and teachers to get back under a Law that could not be kept.
best wishes

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Still this does not prohibit the use of worms in fishing. Where's the verse that says it's prohibited? It's a simple question, I'm not asking for an overreaching interpretation
I did not say worms were prohibited in fishing, now, did I?

No, but the other did say: I fish with a hook and line as well, something prohibited under the law of the O.T.

Worms are prohibited as food. You asked for a verse prohibiting fish hook and line law which
I interpreted as you not understanding what was being said or why. Perhaps I was wrong.

That is why I gave the verse. Do you understand now? :unsure:

K

Karraster

Good thing Jesus made ALL things new and we need not chase after following the Law.
I was in error on the fish with net only thing, thank you for leading me to research it.
I have heard preachers rail against eating a lobster or a shrimp as the Law spoke against it.
Funny how Jesus came to free us from the Law, and you have to go to some churches and teachers to get back under a Law that could not be kept.
best wishes
I did not say worms were prohibited in fishing, now, did I?

No, but the other did say: I fish with a hook and line as well, something prohibited under the law of the O.T.

Worms are prohibited as food. You asked for a verse prohibiting fish hook and line law which
I interpreted as you not understanding what was being said or why. Perhaps I was wrong.

That is why I gave the verse. Do you understand now? :unsure:
OK, thank you both,

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Yes absolutely - Christ made that clear. in doing so He didn’t instruct the Jews not to Keep observing the ceremonial food laws as some imagine, and we know that from the fact Peter was documented as continuing to observe them even beyond Christ’s resurrection.

But we are not under law :) thankfully.

I don’t take any offence or indignation at anyone adhering to any Type of diet or exercise regime - I have tried a few and some helped and some did not. It’s a personal thing and not one method works for every body type when it comes to health.

I don’t really have much more to say, just trying to answer the few who responded to my responses.

I just find the title of the thread and the attitudes in some responses - not all of course - quite arrogant, legalistic, dogmatic, lacking in grace and and Well - just a bit disturbing.

There are simply no biblical rules or commands about eating and drinking for the Christian - other than to do it to the glory of God (and not to do it if it offends others, or to excess.)

Any other rules and regulations may well be sensible, even beneficial - but totally optional and do not relate to any lack in a believer who doesn’t follow suite, or Mean they have some sort of doctrinal ignorance.

To say - this way of eating has blessed and helped me And I found it in scripture and want to share it for anyone would like to know more... It might help someone.

Well that’s lovely, Thoughtful, beneficial, edifying and helpful.

The thread title is anything but. That is it from me. I have dragged my point out way too long. I wish you all well with your eating topic :)
When the Lord tells us we are not under law, what He means is that we are saved through what Christ did, not by what we do. What do you mean by "we are not under law"?

Some people believe that means that we don't accept Christ within us, so we don't despise sin but accept sin in our life. That interpretation of "not under law" is in itself a disobedience and a rode to death.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
When the Lord tells us we are not under law, what He means is that we are saved through what Christ did, not by what we do. What do you mean by "we are not under law"?

Some people believe that means that we don't accept Christ within us, so we don't despise sin but accept sin in our life. That interpretation of "not under law" is in itself a disobedience and a rode to death.

Not sure what you are talking about to be honest. I spoke in reference to the Jewish laws relating to the op topic... food.

But in answer to your question what I Believe it means - is exactly what the scripture says - (not sure how you linked what I said with that other strange doctrine stuff )

To sum up in lots of versions

Romans 6 v 14
New Living Translation
Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.

English Standard Version
For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Berean Study Bible
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Berean Literal Bible
For sin will not rule over you, for you are not under law, but under grace.

King James Bible
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

New King James Version
For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Honestly I never heard anyone say we shouldn’t despise sin because we aren’t under law, or that it means we don’t accept Christ in us .... I know some who take grace as an excuse to sin sadly but never heard that other stuff.

BigSky2021

Apr 23, 2021
I am getting flash backs from a past Supervisor..
I would go to her seeking answers/clarification on something,
There would be a communication...

But I would walk away think what was the point of that,
She answered nothing.. like politicians do soooo well.
Hahah, common occurrence in government work.