MOTHERS DAY

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
My Mother was taken from her home at age 13 and put in a foster home.
A German family raised her and put her through high school until graduation.

The reason Mom was taken away is her daddy was killed on a railroad track
operating a hand car. For the young, I know you would not have a clue what
a hand car is. Google it. Fascinating stories.... Anyway she was only 9 yrs.
old and she loved her daddy very much. He was supposedly a gentle loving man.

His wife, her mother, was given large settlement ( for those days.) She used
it unwisely and the Dept. of Human Services were notified and those who were
old enough, left home and found jobs. Those like Mom at age 13, and under
were taken away. Mom had 2 baby sisters who did get adopted. Mom was
considered a foster child.

The family owned a shoe store and had a large home. My mom was taught
and used to keep house. So she had to clean and learn to cook at young age.
All this taught my mother not to be lazy. And lazy she was not. It was a
good home she was raised in, but love was not there.

My mom married and she was a wonderful housekeeper and raised 3 children.
My father was a tough man to live with, but we grew close through out the
years.

All of us left home after graduation. Two of my brothers signed up to serve
their Country. One a Marine and the other Army. My 18 yr old brother
was stationed in Germany and he died from an auto accident. This devastated
my mother.

She never really got over that and did turn to alcohol for a few years, but
through lots of prayer, God showed her what she was doing, and she quit on
her own. God spoke to me one night while my mom was passed out and my
dad and I were sitting outside discussing her situation... God said to me...
"Your mother does not know what love is." "She did not have love growing up."
That was true.... She didn't. She felt used by the family that raised her.
Her mother abandoned her. That was an eye opener for me. As I said she
quit drinking and continued to be a wonderful mother.

As the years went by, we did a lot together. She was a giving person. I
know when I was in school she sacrificed to help me have all I needed and
more. I was loved and I loved her.

In our adult years she was very hard to reach. I mean, inside...she was
locked up and stayed locked up. So many things I wanted to know, she
just would not talk about. We often don't know what makes our parents
the way are until we learn of their life, then we can better understand
them.

My advice is to ask your questions now while you have your parent.
When they are gone, it is too late. I especially think you need to
ask Grandparents about their life. You will be surprised. I wish I
could bring back my Grandparents and Parents and sit them down
and ask questions and see what made them tick.

So I got off my topic of Mothers Day....but I hope you that have
Mother or Grandmother will just at least give them a call, okay ?
No matter if there are differences in opinion, it might make a
difference in their day, and in your heart.

Blessed Mothers Day