Move More...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Joining a gym is a good idea..but really...

All the have to do is Move More.

Make it a daily challenge to find ways to move your body.

Comb stairs, if given the choice between that, and escalators or elevators.

Toss balls with friends or kids.

Mow the lawn.

Anything that moves your limbs is not only a fitness tool, It's a stress buster.

Think 'move' in small increments of time.

It doesn't have to be an hour in the gym or a 45 minute aerobic dance class...and that's great if you're up to it.

Meanwhile, move, move, move.

Thought for the day: Cha, Cha, Cha....

Then...Just do it!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I mowed the lawn yesterday. What you have said about the importance of moving is true, as least it is for me.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Yes move it because we are meant to be active. Move it while you can because there will come a time when you will say the spirit is willing but the body is weak. I just finished my morning walk.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes move it because we are meant to be active. Move it while you can because there will come a time when you will say the spirit is willing but the body is weak. I just finished my morning walk.
I have a lot of aches, pains, and stiffness, especially in my lower back. Once I start moving and doing a few things it feels better and my mind is less cluttered with anxious thoughts.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
I mowed the lawn yesterday. What you have said about the importance of moving is true, as least it is for me.
Good 4 U.. hopefully..it wasn't a riding mower🚜.....that you got a " good walk out of it".....along with cardio!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Good 4 U.. hopefully..it wasn't a riding mower🚜.....that you got a " good walk out of it".....along with cardio!
Just a standard push mower. Afterwards, a quick walk around with the weed whacker. Good cardio for sure.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Just a standard push mower. Afterwards, a quick walk around with the weed whacker. Good cardio for sure.
Should we say...T G for grass?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Our community has lots of mature trees..and, so much work at dealing with them..lots of aerobic & cardio then! 😑
The thing is, we moved from Florida to Tennessee at the end of last year. Our townhome in Clearwater, Florida was in an HOA community. The monthly fee covered all lawn maintenance, sewer, water, trash disposal and swimming pool. We save a couple hundred a month in those fees but now I have to deal with the lawn myself. It is quite a change of pace going from a metro area of 3.5 million to a small town of 2000. I don't miss the traffic though and found out that I missed the change of seasons. I do some gardening too and also started to feed the birds.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
The thing is, we moved from Florida to Tennessee at the end of last year. Our townhome in Clearwater, Florida was in an HOA community. The monthly fee covered all lawn maintenance, sewer, water, trash disposal and swimming pool. We save a couple hundred a month in those fees but now I have to deal with the lawn myself. It is quite a change of pace going from a metro area of 3.5 million to a small town of 2000. I don't miss the traffic though and found out that I missed the change of seasons. I do some gardening too and also started to feed the birds.
Yes, we do tend to take things for granted..then we're "woken up"...I think we all try to do "the best we can". 🤗