Move out or stay at my parents?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Live in an RV if you have the space to hook it up. But youll still need to learn how to drive the RV. Cant remember if you said you learned or not. Invest in a reliable car.

Apartment living is not that great if you value peace and quiet. Your neighbours could be annoying since they live right next door...! Or on top or below. And you cant choose your neighbours
I was thinking a camper that has to be towed but can be moved easily. RVs are much more expensive and wouldn't be practical for commuting. It's not a suggestion, just a potential consideration if you haven't thought about it. It might not solve any challenges in your case.

I agree about neighbors. I slept well last night, but have a neighbor who has a bad habit of going outside for a smoke, hack and cough loudly and talk to someone on her phone like she's hollering to a neighbor across the street. This is before daylight.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I was thinking a camper that has to be towed but can be moved easily. RVs are much more expensive and wouldn't be practical for commuting.

I agree about neighbors. I slept well last night, but have a neighbor who has a bad habit of going outside for a smoke, hack and cough loudly and talk to someone on her phone like she's hollering to a neighbor across the street. This is before daylight.
Time your sprinklers to come on at that time and point them to where she is. Problem solved.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
It's random times throughout the night.
I'm a light sleeper and it's worse than an outside dog barking.
Well I don't want you drowning your grass so I'll start to work on a drone mosquito army for you that are sound activated. Just don't forget and make too much noise yourself.

K

kaylagrl

Stay with your parents. Nothing wrong with it. You can actually live with your parents and be somewhat independent.

Women particularly tend to have a hard time living alone, and in many cases end with mental issues. My sincere advice is to enjoy your family for as long as they are on this world. And the day your parents pass away, you will remember how you spent your time usefully with the second best blessing of your life rather than abandoning them while they were still fine, and enter the new phase more cheerfully. Best of luck.

Umm not sure where that idea comes from. Are there stats to back that up?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Well I don't want you drowning your grass so I'll start to work on a drone mosquito army for you that are sound activated. Just don't forget and make too much noise yourself.
I think that will work. She's beyond the range of a garden hose. Unfortunately, her voice isn't. She threw her compost in my yard the other night. I think that's her way of flirting with the neighbors. Between that, the hacking cough, and horsey gossip, who can resist?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I think that will work. She's beyond the range of a garden hose. Unfortunately, her voice isn't. She threw her compost in my yard the other night. I think that's her way of flirting with the neighbors. Between that, the hacking cough, and horsey gossip, who can resist?
Nothing says love like refuse.

K

kaylagrl

I have lived alone before and it has been fine. In my specific situation I cannot be independent because my parents are not too encouraging of me driving/having a car. I am already now living in the same city.

I may actually be one of the few people who can honestly answer your question from experience. I don't know if you know my story but I was in family ministry for most of my youth and into adult years. We actually lived on a motor home half the year. I justified staying at home for some of the reasons you mentioned. But here is the issue, you cannot grow as a person living with your parents the way you would living alone. Your parents will always treat you like their child, not a woman. You kind of admitted that already.

When I got married I moved out and of course had a home of my own. I didn't even cook until I got married. My mother had some hard health issues the past 3 yrs and it made me have to go back and spend time at their house again to look after her. And they treat me the way they did before I left. Hubby has to keep reminding me not to fall for it, just help where I can and leave it at that. Don't engage them on that level. It's just not good for you emotionally to stay with your parents. You need to get out, spread your wings and help your parents where you can but mostly if you drive, or date or whatever you do, that's not their worry or business. A lot easier to make that stand now than when you're married and they are still treating you like a child.

K

kaylagrl

is your employer offering you remote office space? You dont seem to give us any valid reason to move. and you didnt answer anything about any ministry that God wants you to do. ...what is your work anyway?

Lets get to the real reason...
She doesn't have to give a reason, she's a grown woman, that's all the reason that needs to be known. Learning to grow in the many ways she needs to, her best move is to her own home. The parents have each other, and she is near if there is any emergency.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Wow. I believe God will open more doors for me and help me grow if I live on my own. God doesn't always give details you know, you just have to trust Him.
has He actually opened the door though

It seems like it could be any door, like a car door, or is it just your parents dont trust you with the keys to the kingdom?

Im asking the hard questions and you are not actually answering it.

If your job was in another town, of course you would need to move to work there, but why do you first say it wasnt and you now live with your parents? Because God allowed it. Not really getting it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Otherwise, lets say if you posted...Im deciding whether to move out of home because God opened up a place for me then I would encourage you to go for it because God had shown you that theres something for you.

And everyone would give you tips. But if you post as you did here that you just wanna leave your parents and they BOTH dont want you to go then what is that really.

I dont know what to say.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Prodigal daughter, are you not happy and blessed?

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
has He actually opened the door though

It seems like it could be any door, like a car door, or is it just your parents dont trust you with the keys to the kingdom?

Im asking the hard questions and you are not actually answering it.

If your job was in another town, of course you would need to move to work there, but why do you first say it wasnt and you now live with your parents? Because God allowed it. Not really getting it.
Have you always lived with your parents? Just asking to see if you have ever experienced living on your own or separately from your parents on a longer term basis, to see where you are coming from.

Jan 29, 2022
It sounds like you’ve pretty much made up your mind about what you want to do, MsMediator. If that’s the case, and you believe God is giving you the green light, then I say go for it. At the very least you will have an answer either way. God does not always make obvious what His plans are for us. Sometimes it comes down to simply taking a step in faith and seeing whether He opens the door or keeps it closed. But even if things don’t work out with a place of your own, don’t let that or your parents stop you from making positive changes in your life. If you are longing for church, for example, then go. It’s not only your right but your responsibility to provide healthy outlets for yourself that give you the social, spiritual and emotional nourishment you’re looking for.

Debbiere

Sep 5, 2022
Buying a house AND car is a big expense why not just buy a car and learn to drive it if you actually have somewhere to park it. Theres also mobile homes and RVs.

if its an aprtment in the city you wont really need a car.

The other thing is you could bike if you dont have a bike already. in terms of independence if you dont want to use public transport, though you do need to be road savvy using it.

homelessness is a big problem theses days. Be thankful you can stay at home and your parents love you and want you around. If they not treating you badly then why not stay?
Your vehicle advice is really good. Once I had such an opportunity, but I hurried to move away from my parents, as living with them in the same house, our relationship began to deteriorate. They did not stop controlling me, and it was difficult for me to bear it, so I moved out and began to build my career and family life