Movies You'll Watch Over and Over

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LittleMermaid

Basically the opposite of the thread "Movies that sucked 2 hours of your time." Which are some of the movies that you absolutely love? These are the movies that you saw, fell in love with, and now you see them over and over again because they're that good.

Here are mine.

E.T.
Beauty and the Beast (Disney 1991)
Titanic
Memoirs of a Geisha
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (I like them all but that one is my favorite)
Big Daddy (it's silly but it's super funny and I love Sandler)
Jurassic Park
Good Will Hunting
The Little Mermaid (Disney 1989)
Mona Lisa Smile

I can't tell ya'll how many times I've seen these movies. They're a mixture of fun and light and emotional and dramatic. They all hold a special place in my heart. :love:
I look forward to your posts and maybe get an idea of what to watch next!

S

Stranger36147

I usually watch a movie once and that's about it for me. Buuuut….

Two movies that I've watched more than once and would probably still enjoy watching over and over would be:

Mrs. Doubtfire
The Shawshank Redemption

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I like suspense movies so I would say Escape from Alcatraz.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
The fault in our stars
Pride and prejudice
Sense and sensibility
Little women
About time
Life of the party

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
There's only a few movies I've watched more than once: Saving Private Ryan, Christmas Vacation, Planes Trains and Automobiles, The Karate Kid (original one),
That one's on my list too! :D (my unwritten list)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Gladiator
The Count of Monte Cristo
Braveheart

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
There's only a few movies I've watched more than once: Saving Private Ryan, Christmas Vacation, Planes Trains and Automobiles, The Karate Kid (original one),

That one's on my list too! :D (my unwritten list)
I never posted that list lol. I typed it out but never posted it, but forgot it was there in the reply box still. That's why I thought it was unwritten.. :LOL:

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Groundhog day.
Seems like I've somehow seen it hundreds of times.

S

Susanna

My Cousin Vinny.

Defendant #2, being on trial for aiding and abetting, has these priceless expressions on his face when he is dissatisfied with his lawyer.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
Personally I like obscure foreign films.

Whiplash
Revenge of Bumble Bees
Slumdog Millionaire
It's Coffee Time!
Sleepless in Seattle
Return of Linux the Penguin Part 2
Meet Joe Black
Owl Story
Mortal Kombat Gaiden - Finish Him

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Personally I like obscure foreign films.

Whiplash
Revenge of Bumble Bees
Slumdog Millionaire
It's Coffee Time!
Sleepless in Seattle
Return of Linux the Penguin Part 2
Meet Joe Black
Owl Story
Mortal Kombat Gaiden - Finish Him
Meet Joe black ...Pretty unique perspective. Coincidentally I am currently eating PEANUT butter. It was this film that convinced me to try it sans other foods.

In general though I find that films affect my spiritual climate a little too much to not be incredibly judicious about consumption at this point. Most create a mentally "blah" kind of state that I find unproductive. Others...I've just felt led to be cautious with my curiosity about certain subjects.

H

Hamarr

These are the ones I watch pretty often in recent years.
Blade Runner
Robocop (the original obvs)
Hunt For Red October
Airplane!
Top Secret
The Third Man
North By Northwest

There’s a bunch I still revisit occasionally like the James Bond movies, Star Wars OT, Die Hard, Rocky series, Back to the Future, Bourne trilogy, Arnie 80s movies, a bunch of other Hitchcock movies. I’ve been rewatching a lot of 80s movies lately.

I also love watching good bad movies like the Room, Miami Connection, etc.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I'm not typically someone that re-watches movies, but these are ones I've seen many times.

Pride and Prejudice
Anne of Green Gables (not the Netflix show)
Little Women
Leap Year
The Proposal
Free Willy (nostalgia)
Jurassic Park
Home Alone
10 Things I Hate About You

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
I'm not typically someone that re-watches movies, but these are ones I've seen many times.

Pride and Prejudice
Anne of Green Gables (not the Netflix show)
Little Women
Leap Year
The Proposal
Free Willy (nostalgia)
Jurassic Park
Home Alone
10 Things I Hate About You
How could I forget home alone? 🙂

And I've seen Pride and prejudice and Anne of Green gables a few times.

So here's a question. Did she fall in love with Mr. Darcy before or after she saw his house/ mansion/castle? 🤔