Mr./Mrs. Perfect.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
You know you make these lists about all the things that you want HIM, the guy, the one, to be.

I'm reminded of when Peter walked out on the water and met Jesus as He was walking to the boat.

In Matthew 14:28 28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

Key word being Tell Me to come to you on the water.

He wasn't asking for Jesus to come to him or to be shown that it was Jesus. He stepped out of the safety and comfort of the boat and by faith walked to Jesus.

A lot of times we as Christians expect what we ask for to come in the form of a gift. We want to see who we will marry or we want to know who is the one. When really we have to ask ourselves am I the one that someone else could be searching for?

Instead of seeking to find someone else to meet out standard we should seek to become the one that is worth striving for. God will work the rest out.

Jesus could have brought Peter and the boat to Himself and safely placed them all by the shore. But that is not the way God works. If we look throughout examples of where people have done extraordinary things by faith, it is because they were willing to sacrifice their comfort time and effort to achieve what God had in store for them.

God didn't give Noah an ark, Noah had to build it himself and that didn't happen overnight.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
And this is pretty much a dead thread thats been ressurected from the grave. Spooky =O

Apr 28, 2010
atlantic Canada
a few people told me that I'm too picky whenever I say what my perfect guy is but they are not christians so I'll put my list here haha

. have to be a strong christian and accepts Jesus as his saviour
. A godly man is involved in church activities, read the bible and prays everyday and keeps God first in his life
. doesn't smoke, drink, not a drug user or swear
. values family as being important and loves his family and gets along with my family too
. read the bible together and do bible studies together or in a group
. he should be faithful, kind, patient

Last edited:
J

Jullianna

I don't think I want to make a list. There have been times in my life that I thought I wanted something, but God had something so much better in mind. So, I'm thinking I'll just leave it up to Him. I like surprises :)

A

Amjet10

I like thinking about this kind of thing, but don't really expect it, you know? I agree with Jullianna, God definitely knows what he's doing :]
But I think this can be fun....

1)Christian. In love with God even.
2)Appreciates the fact that I'm a virgin even if he isn't one. I would LOVE him to be, but stuff happens. I only know like 3 guys who plan to wait for marriage I don't really consider it a standard for a potential husband anymore. That doesn't mean I don't plan to wait though.
3) Dark Curly hair and some beardy scruff
4) The ability to make me laugh out loud on a regular basis
5) Somebody who is quiet and meek but opens up to me.
6)Someone I can be 100% comfortable with. He's gotta dig the curly hair, goofy-geeky personality, and curvaceous bod on this little lady otherwise it'd never work out. I think that's a given though.
7)A love of art as strong as mine is.