M
Mybrokenlessthenthree
Guest
My life besides going all out for God, is a lot about music. I practice, if not more, as much as I read my bible. I love music because it's so much more then language and we cannot begin to comprehend it. In the bible it talks about David playing a chord and healing and all these amazing things. ANYHOW
My theory on modern day music is that 1 It's like porn. What I'm saying is that it does not satisfy. So for example LMFAO was SOO big and now everyone is like that's lame. This is just one example if anyone can remember all the way back in the day when "Sexy Back" was a big song. What I'm saying is that teens listen to music for satisfaction and when they no longer are satisfied with that song they move on and on and on. HEY! Am I the only one around here that thinks it's funny some worship songs never get old, gee maybe because God is omnipresence. Anyhow, to me, some song are immortal in the sense they have a holy/divine/angelic-sense about them that makes them last. For example
Stair way to heaven, Hallelujah, House of the Rising sun. etc. They've been around for years but still are pretty widespread. But this type of music has quite existing. And what we fail to comprehend as humans is that this music isn't just a composition of notes. We can copy and paste all we want but it's all synthetic. That's one of my biggest problems is talking to people who listen to synthetic music. It's not real.... Anyhow music is so much more then we can comprehend and I think it has power.
My theory on modern day music is that 1 It's like porn. What I'm saying is that it does not satisfy. So for example LMFAO was SOO big and now everyone is like that's lame. This is just one example if anyone can remember all the way back in the day when "Sexy Back" was a big song. What I'm saying is that teens listen to music for satisfaction and when they no longer are satisfied with that song they move on and on and on. HEY! Am I the only one around here that thinks it's funny some worship songs never get old, gee maybe because God is omnipresence. Anyhow, to me, some song are immortal in the sense they have a holy/divine/angelic-sense about them that makes them last. For example
Stair way to heaven, Hallelujah, House of the Rising sun. etc. They've been around for years but still are pretty widespread. But this type of music has quite existing. And what we fail to comprehend as humans is that this music isn't just a composition of notes. We can copy and paste all we want but it's all synthetic. That's one of my biggest problems is talking to people who listen to synthetic music. It's not real.... Anyhow music is so much more then we can comprehend and I think it has power.