Muslim Religion Started by Catholic Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 20, 2020
It would be nice to have a civilised discussion on a topic without the mudslinging and diversions.
ya it just strikes me as odd... I ask a question "how is your faith? What are your fruits? etc.."

these things go ignored

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Into Catholic bashing now!
Well, on this protestant site, where the Official stance is "Catholic is not Christian", it's no surprise people speak openly against it. Most on this site take a dim view of Catholocism.
Indeed, the hatred of Catholics on display among some here is a religious fanaticism which is as repugnant as any hatred Catholics may have aimed at other Christians in the past. It seems to be thriving mostly among American Bible-belt Christians and Seventh Day Adventists.

Catholics may be in error with some of their practices and theology. But the claim that they are not even Christian is itself a gross error and a falsehood. It's one legacy of the protestant reformation we could do without. Catholics and Orthodox Christians are some of the most persecuted Christians on the planet. People who are murdered because of their faith in Jesus. They are part of the Church regardless of whether protestants can accept that or not.

Mar 20, 2020
i think im going to have to get rid of this internet site... the internet, the best place to say things you would never say in real life... the trolling... even a "thumbs down" just bugs me.

"i am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me"~Jesus... What does that tell me?
"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

the question is, who of you will truly mean anything to me, by the end of my life?

that is a good question

E

EleventhHour

so you think you're a real Christian? And the Catholic Church isnt?
Do you know the doctrine of the R Church in any depth, do you know the social, political, historical economic facets of this institution in any depth?

When salvation is achieved by the hands of man it is not of God.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Do you know the doctrine of the R Church in any depth, do you know the social, political, historical economic facets of this institution in any depth?

Stop talking as if you are the only one with any idea of Catholic history. You are not here to educate us with the errors of the Scofield reference bible.

Catholics do not believe that salvation is achieved by "the hands of man" as you put it.
Catholics profess and BELIEVE in Father Son and Holy Spirit. There may be more Catholics who are genuine in their belief of the necessary articles of Christian faith than there are protestant believers on the earth now.

Mar 20, 2020
i still stand on the notion of why care? if they are believers or they are not? what the heck do i care for?

Mar 20, 2020
unless you want me to go to the catholic church and start kickin some ass? spice up my life a little...

Mar 20, 2020
spare with a monk, for fun, though it might not be christian to fight people, or how bout "“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

3rd post just rambling... the funny thing is, people judge people for everything, however im an absolute minimalist when it comes to law, and a freedom absolutist..

when someone holds some kind of shaped box, of moral values, ethics, and what not... for example, "hes not a christian"

the question i'd ask, is, did they break the law? no? did they do anything objectively bad? no? then who cares

B

Bede

Yes
And is that what you think the Catholic Church does?
If so, you are wrong.

E

EleventhHour

Stop talking as if you are the only one with any idea of Catholic history. You are not here to educate us with the errors of the Scofield reference bible.

Catholics do not believe that salvation is achieved by "the hands of man" as you put it.
Catholics profess and BELIEVE in Father Son and Holy Spirit. There may be more Catholics who are genuine in their belief of the necessary articles of Christian faith than there are protestant believers on the earth now.
Oh I do have much knowledge of Roman Catholic history and somehow that is a little intimidating to you.. why else do you need me to stop talking.

Grace mediated by priests ... wrong
Belief in the articles of faith saves no one
.... amazing anyone can defend what is indefensible

The Catholic Encyclopedia discusses the nature and functions of the sacraments as follows:

It is necessary to set forth the essential elements of a sacrament. These are: (a) a sensible sign instituted by God, which gives sanctifying grace; (b) both matter and form present with each sacrament; the matter is the material used, the form the accompanying words and action; and (c) a minister, someone authorized to give the sacrament with the intention of doing what the Church intends…. the sacraments produce grace…. Sanctifying grace is given by reason of the rite itself (ex opere operato), and grace is not given if the sacrament if not received with the necessary moral disposition. In addition, each sacrament confers a special grace, called sacramental grace. As defined by the Council of Trent, it is the teaching of the Catholic Church, that every one of the sacraments of the New Law was instituted by Christ…. Vatican II declares: “The purpose of the sacraments is to sanctify men, to build up the body of Christ, and finally to give worship to God. Because they are signs they also instruct.”[12]

E

EleventhHour

Yes

And is that what you think the Catholic Church does?
If so, you are wrong.
For the most part Catholics are blind adherents trusting the knowledge of men to save them instead of taking responsibility and searching for truth as Jesus commanded.

Anyway it is all up to you.... you can search or you can be complacent.. but the pearl of great price takes some work and not many seem to want to put forth the effort, what the church states it "is" and what it actually "is" are two different things.

The church had an opportunity to reform itself when Luther posted his Ninety-Five Theses on the Wittenberg Castle Church .. rather they choose power and control over Truth and still true to this day. They once again denied Christ.

In this day and age no one has an excuse for being a blind adherent, we are not in the middle ages with the Bible locked away ... kept securely away from the people lest they see truth, believe and be saved.

E

EleventhHour

I am Catholic. Why do you assume that my attachment is only emotional?
True, it could also be intellectual, but if it was based on Spirit and Truth you would not be there.

Mar 20, 2020
kind of sick of slanderous speech and unsubstantiated claims... get to the bottom line.

Mar 20, 2020
For the most part Catholics are blind adherents trusting the knowledge of men to save them instead of taking responsibility and searching for truth as Jesus commanded.

Anyway it is all up to you.... you can search or you can be complacent.. but the pearl of great price takes some work and not many seem to want to put forth the effort, what the church states it "is" and what it actually "is" are two different things.

The church had an opportunity to reform itself when Luther posted his Ninety-Five Theses on the Wittenberg Castle Church .. rather they choose power and control over Truth and still true to this day. They once again denied Christ.

In this day and age no one has an excuse for being a blind adherent, we are not in the middle ages with the Bible locked away ... kept securely away from the people lest they see truth, believe and be saved.
why should we believe the words you say?

Mar 20, 2020
if you say "go figure it out yourself", i can, i can go read anything i want, go to church, etc.. And may never know what the heck you are talking about... In fact, why should i even care about something someone else does that has nothing to do with me? why care? if some priest made me mad.. ok... understandable... but to go on saying "they dont believe in MY Jesus" (to the likes of that)... Why should anyone believe in your interpretation of Jesus? Over anyone elses?... Shoot i asked you hows your faith and you went on complaining about the church... The catholic church is the number one biggest charitable organization in the world. (so i have read)..

Mar 20, 2020
it is a good question... what is the purpose of anything we do? What are our "deeds"? i always ask myself what should i be doing? Shoot right now everywhere is closed down so im killing time on the internet.. idk i could be reading...

though here we are... is it fruitless to be conversing with you? what good is talking, sharing ideas, etc? I personally believe in forgiveness, i want to promote that. I think the worse sins can be forgiven, and the peaks of the Christian theology, "you need to believe in Christianity in this manner" is at the peaks of ethics... all are falling short, missing the mark...

So what good is it? is there any good here, talking to you?

Mar 20, 2020
is there any harvest in the world worthy of? or is it passing away? what good do you do? "the flesh counts for nothing but the spirit brings life"~Jesus... That is a quote basically saying sins count for nothing, however the spirit brings life.