Muslims Jews Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Are they equal?

• Yes they all deserve to go to heaven, we are equal.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes we are equal no they do not deserve to go to Heaven.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No we are not equal though they deserve to go to heaven.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone regardless of religion can go to heaven!!

• Undecided

• No they are not equal nor do they deserve to go to heaven.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjkg

May 25, 2005
"Who are we to say that those who do not believe in the Lord, Jesus Christ and His atonement for our sins are not saved?" - basically what Mobius said above.

Um, the Bible.....we're just relaying the message that the only way for salvation is through faith alone in Jesus Christ and what He's done. Muslims consider Him a prophet and that's it. They don't believe that He was even crucified. They are believing in one of the many lies of Satan.

Sep 27, 2009
But you all seem to be ignoring the Bible verse I posted, where G-d says "I will have mercy upon whom I will."

Lest we forget, G-D is the one that MAKES the rules, and WE are the ones bound by them.

HE is not bound our rules and our interpretations. There was no covenant in place requiring Him to show mercy to Abraham, but He did. He counted Abraham's faith to him as righteousness. Now I'm not saying "oh we'll all get together with the whole human race in heaven." but as I've said, to me, the average Christian, and the average Jew, are each only getting half the story. You're each only seeing HALF of "Jesus" and disparaging the other half. In the case of Christians, they tend to speak ill of the Torah, and in the case of Jews, they tend to not care for Jesus (mostly because of Christianity, not anything Jesus said or did).

But scripture is clear, they are one and the same. As I've said, Rev 12 and 14 each speak of the saints having BOTH the testimony of Messiah, AND keeping G-d's laws. So I could be a total jerk, and surmise from that that anybody that doesn't do both is going to hell.

But I recognize it's not my place to do that. Only G-d can judge the heart. And in truth, if He lets someone slide who I may think didn't do as much to serve the L-rd, or serve the world, or whatever my issue may be.... how is that my business ?

If we look at Matthew 20, (the parable of the workers in the field) it seems He was preparing for just such an event.

M

mommygrace

It is not religeon that gets one to heaven..
True religeon, and undefiled before God and the Father is this,,,to visit the widows and fatherless in their affliction and to keep unspotted from the world.(not an exact quote)

What gets one to heaven is faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.....no matter the religeous background

And none of us deserve heaven!!! we are all sinners deserving of a sinners hell...Jeus jusifies us...we are in Him and He deserves it all!!!!

May 21, 2009
Jesus is the only way. Pray and keep praying for all people to know who Jesus is. If they don't except Jesus they will go to hell. Everyone on this earth will be told about Jesus. It is their choice. If they choose they don't want Jesus then they send themselves to hell. They can't blame Jesus for it. We must keep pray for the lost souls. God wants no one to go to hell.

Arel

Banned
Sep 25, 2009
Islam and Judism and Christianity are the three major religeons of the world. Religeons have a spirit that their believers receive. There are multitudes of Christians that have a religeous spirit and not the Holy Spirit. Christianity is a worldly religeon that commited genocide in the name of Christ and killed the American Indians and other people too weak or outnumbered to be able to defend their selves. The Roman Catholic missionaires crossed land and see and converted others into being a "two fold child of hell". These three groups with their spirit that they have are unclean spirits that will work miracles that will gather together the kings of the earth for the great battle of Armageddon.
Uhm...no.

See, Islam and Christianity...maybe. But Judaism is a definite no. Why? Yeshua HIMSELF was Jewish! He followed Judaism loyally and even commanded his followers to follow Judaism. So to say such disparaging words about Judaism is to name messiah in error.

J

Jezreel

Uhm...no.

See, Islam and Christianity...maybe. But Judaism is a definite no. Why? Yeshua HIMSELF was Jewish! He followed Judaism loyally and even commanded his followers to follow Judaism. So to say such disparaging words about Judaism is to name messiah in error.

No, you are totally misunderstanding what I am saying. Jesus did not only follow the law but he fulfilled it. The pharissees on the other hand, they did the law too but it was their hearts that mannifested it's evil, just like the the counterfeit in Christianity, and the obvious, Islam.

Arel

Banned
Sep 25, 2009
No, you are totally misunderstanding what I am saying. Jesus did not only follow the law but he fulfilled it. The pharissees on the other hand, they did the law too but it was their hearts that mannifested it's evil, just like the the counterfeit in Christianity, and the obvious, Islam.
The Pharisees do not represent Judaism because they followed a perverted form of Judaism.

Arel

Banned
Sep 25, 2009
Jesus is the only way. Pray and keep praying for all people to know who Jesus is. If they don't except Jesus they will go to hell. Everyone on this earth will be told about Jesus. It is their choice. If they choose they don't want Jesus then they send themselves to hell. They can't blame Jesus for it. We must keep pray for the lost souls. God wants no one to go to hell.
Exodus 33:19

C

Cup-of-Ruin

John 3
1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Pretty much we are born spiritually dead regardless of your religion, but simply because of our sin. We must literally "be born again" our spiritual life needs to be born. We literally pass from death to life once we believe Jesus.

John 5:24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."
John 3:3 "Unless one is born from 'above', he cannot see the kingdom of God"

anothen = above. i.e. by Divine power . many translations have the correct word, the Devil of course has tampered with this word in various manuscripts especially at the King James court.

G

Grey

Ahh chaos don't you love it?

jjkg

May 25, 2005
But you all seem to be ignoring the Bible verse I posted, where G-d says "I will have mercy upon whom I will."
All your doing is cherry picking verses. People who do not know God do that all the time. The Bible also says to compare scripture with scripture. Anyone who even has a general knowledge of scripture knows how one is saved.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
First I will like to say there is no such thing as half of Jesus Christ!!!! and we as Christian are in the old as well as the new testament... it really troubles my soul that some Jews are so pushy when it comes to the LAWS that Christ fulfilled for us . and THE BIBLE CLEARLY SAY THAT THE LAWS were none effect....

PLEASE JEWS LISTEN TO THIS.... Romans 3:1 what advantage then have the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much everyway : chiefly, bacause unto them were commited the oracles of God. But what if some did not believe? shall they unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
God forbid, yea, let God be true, but every man a lier............ verse 19: Now we know that what things soever the LAW saith, it saith to THEM who are under the law: That every mouth may be stopped, AND ALL THE WORLD MAY BECOME GUILTY BEFORE GOD.
(20) THERE FORE BY THE DEEDS OF THE LAW SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED IN HIS SIGHT; FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SINS.
(21-23) .. BUT NOW THE RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD WITHOUT THE LAW IS MANIFESTED, BEING WIRNESSED BY THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS: EVEN THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD WHICH IS BY FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST UNTO "ALL" AND UPON "ALL" THEM THAT BELIEVE. FOR THEIR IS NO DIFFERENCE................... and it goes on to say in verse 24 being justified freely by his Grace through the redemption that is in CHRIST JESUS: ...........25,,,,,-26,,,, you read now please hear what thus say the Lord.
verse 27-30.... where is boasting? it is excluded. By what LAW? OF WORKS? NO: BUT BY THE LAW OF FAITH. (28) THEREFORE WE CONCLUDE THAT A MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH """ WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF LAW""""" IS HE THE GOD OF THE JEWS ONLY? IS NOT NOT ALSO OF THE GENTILES? YES OF THE GENTILES ALSO, (30) SEEING IT IS ONE GOD, WHICH SHALL JUSTIFY THE CIRCUMCISION BY FAITH AND THE UNCIRCUMCISION THROUGH FAITH. DO WE THEN MAKE VOID THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID WE ESTABLISH IT.
I dont have time to write all the scriptures on this, but I promise if you continie to read Romans and pray the Holy spirit give you understanding it will as God said stopped the mouth of those who believe that they will enter heaven/kingdom of God by the works of the Law and no faith...... IT AINT GOIN TO HAPPEN...... AND gOD WILL ALLOW SOME TO REPNT AND THE CHANCE TO BELIEVE. FOR IT IS NOT US WHO CHOOSE HIM BUT HE WHO CHOOSE US...... IT CAN BE ON YOUR DEATH BED OR DAYS BEFORE YOU DIE WHEN YOU DID NOT KNOW IT WAS YOUR TIME... GOD CAN LET YOU DIE IN YOOU SINS ... OR HE WILL HAVE MERCY ON YOU AND SAVE YOUR SOUL....
DIE IN YYOUR SINS YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!!!!!! AND THEIR IS NO WAY AROUND THAT, GOD IS NOT A LIER AND HE SWORE BY NOTHING ELSE FOR THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO SWEAR BY THEREFORE HE SWORE BY HIS WORD...... IN THE BOOK OF ISAIAH AND IN THE PSALMS JESUS SAID HE HAS CREATED A BODY FOR ME, I COME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME..... JESUS IS THE WHOLE WORD OF GOD, HE IS GOD..... THERE IS NO HALF WAY NOT FOR CHRISTIAN NOR JEWS.... REV. THOU ART NEITHER HOT NOR COLD: THOU ART LUKE WARM I WILL SPURE YOU OUT MY MOUTH..... YOU EITHER LOVE YOU AND HATE THEE OTHER.....BUT YOU CANT SERVE TWO MASTER......

ROMANS 3: 1-31..... 4:1-25 AND CHAPTERS 5 , 6 AND 7.. IT TELLS HOE THE LAW HAVE NO EFFCTS ON WHAT GOD DID IN CHRIST IF DONT READ YOU DONT WANT THE TRUTH.

Apr 23, 2009
Uhm...no.

The problem is Judaism was the old covenant a foreshadowing of a better more perfect covenant. Modern day Jews reject their Messiah therefore they are in error.

Sep 25, 2009
The problem is Judaism was the old covenant a foreshadowing of a better more perfect covenant. Modern day Jews reject their Messiah therefore they are in error.
If Judaism is so old and imperfect, then why did Yeshua himself follow it?

Also, modern day Jews may reject Yeshua...but modern day Christians reject Yeshua as well. Not Yeshua the person, but Yeshua the Torah.

They are one in the same.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Also, modern day Jews may reject Yeshua...but modern day Christians reject Yeshua as well. Not Yeshua the person, but Yeshua the Torah.

Jesus did not follow Judaism.

"If there was perfection by the Levitical Priesthood, (for under it people recieved the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedek, and not be called after the order of Aaron." Hebrews 7:11.

"For He testiofieth, "Thou art a Priest for ever after the order of melchisedek, for there is therefore a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof." Hebrews 7:17-18

The Son of God is after the order of Melchisedek, this is an everlasting Priesthood, from the beginning. Your New Testament theology is very poor and misguided and hence your error.

Apr 23, 2009

2nd Corinthians 3
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
13 And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of he old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

That should explain it if not try this....

Hebrews 8
1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Sep 25, 2009
Jesus did not follow Judaism.

"If there was perfection by the Levitical Priesthood, (for under it people recieved the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedek, and not be called after the order of Aaron." Hebrews 7:11.

"For He testiofieth, "Thou art a Priest for ever after the order of melchisedek, for there is therefore a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof." Hebrews 7:17-18

The Son of God is after the order of Melchisedek, this is an everlasting Priesthood, from the beginning. Your New Testament theology is very poor and misguided and hence your error.
Your "knowledge" of Judaism is very poor and misguided. Judaism isn't based around Aharon and his priesthood. So it doesn't matter what priest Yeshua followed...he still followed Judaism.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Your "knowledge" of Judaism is very poor and misguided. Judaism isn't based around Aharon and his priesthood. So it doesn't matter what priest Yeshua followed...he still followed Judaism.
Jesus was Melchisedek.

Status
Not open for further replies.