Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
seems strange you would say this. I actually commited many sins

1. i failed to love god,
2, i failed to love my neighbor,
and put my needs ahead of two people, he person i sinned against that i got caught for, and the person i lied to
3. I have the in of pride, where i put self over anything else in those moments
4.i broke the command which says you will not bear false witness.

So whcih sin should i Confess? All of them right? Yet how many of us actually do this, actually see the whole picture,

and what if out of fear or shame i did not feel i could go to God? Or others, because i was scared and did not understand grace. So i never confessed any of these sins, and eventually forgot i even did them (which i did alot when i was enslaved with legalistic tendancies and did not understand grace.

i did not ask or insinuate i was a habitual liar, please do not add to my post,

i ask again, i committed at oeast 4 willful sins, i knew what i was doing when i did them, in i in danger of losing my salvation because i did not confess those sins to god? Can you answer please?
I assumed the point was not about you personally, I did say "Strawman you keep bringing up and illustration ".

You are creating a false narratives and your question is humanistic in nature. The context is the condition of the person’s heart. And understanding the battle of the flesh which is not saved YET. If you know that you

1. Failed to love God
  2. Failed to love my neighbor
  3. Have pride
  4. Broke the command
And you know this? Are you saying you know you have sinned and have to ask which ones you need to ask forgiveness for? Surely you know the answer to the question you have asked? Now the fear and shame one feels that stops them from going to God comes from who? IT IS NOT GOD who said DO not come to ME. This is why we need the full word of God . I posted many scriptures that address this line of Questions .

1. God is willing to hear you
  2. HE will not turn away those who come to HIM to ask forgiveness
  3. Only the devil and the person causes condemnation
  4. We are to come Boldly to God in faith and ask.
If you are unwiling to ask forgivness of these sins you KNOW you did, you are not Endanger of Losing salvation but it would be fair to question if you are even saved to begin with. If you willfully sining and have no desire to ask God to forgive you can you tell me how that is showing God you love HIM?

Now I have answered what is known as "strawman" question that is not even supported with any Biblical text:

here were mind which you did not even speak about:

And Isaiah 1:18
““Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be as wool.”

Jas 5:16
Confess your trespasses[fn] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”

1John 1:9
“ If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Hebrews 10: 26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrificefor sins,"

E

eternally-gratefull

I assumed the point was not about you personally, I did say "Strawman you keep bringing up and illustration ".

You are creating a false narratives and your question is humanistic in nature. The context is the condition of the person’s heart. And understanding the battle of the flesh which is not saved YET. If you know that you

1. Failed to love God
  3. Have pride
  4. Broke the command
And you know this? Are you saying you know you have sinned and have to ask which ones you need to ask forgiveness for? Surely you know the answer to the question you have asked? Now the fear and shame one feels that stops them from going to God comes from who? IT IS NOT GOD who said DO not come to ME. This is why we need the full word of God . I posted many scriptures that address this line of Questions .

If you are unwiling to ask forgivness of these sins you KNOW you did, you are not Endanger of Losing salvation but it would be fair to question if you are even saved to begin with. If you willfully sining and have no desire to ask God to forgive you can you tell me how that is showing God you love HIM?

Now I have answered what is known as "strawman" question that is not even supported with any Biblical text:

Says the LORD,
They shall be as wool.”

Confess your trespasses[fn] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”

“ If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrificefor sins,"

Wow man, dont you get it, this is parts of the post you made to someone, the points i was adressing

Keep a specific inventory ? I have never heard of doctrine were we as Christians are to do such a thing. The Word of God is clear , if you sin you have to repent. this normative is of confessing our sins

Jesus said IF you Love me you will Obey me. Have you obeyed fully? can anyone say they have? then you need to ask forgiveness and the Good News He is Faithful and Just to forgive us. Only those who have not fully surrendered their life to God, will come up with this Lie of the devil. Out of this false teaching of “ no need to ask forgiveness”

you can deny my post had any validity, but with these commments you made, taken at face value, my question has every right to be answered.

1. you said we must confess our sins, it is required. So if it is, if i commited those sins and did not confess and ask forgiveness, am i saved or not?
2. you said. If we sin willfully, there is no sacrifices, i used as an example willful intentional sin, yet you call it a strawman?
3. you said if we have not obeyed fully then we NEED to ask forgiveness, and if we do he is faithful to forgive, were my sins forgiven or did i lose salvation? Your the one who made the claim i must as forgiveness, not and insinuate that only then will jesus forgive me, not me
4. you said those who say there is no need to ask forgiveness is teaching the lie of the devil. Well i showed what, 5 sins done willfully, and did not ask forgiveness, am i still saved or not?

Sometimes people just need to think what they post. If you messed up and did not mean to say things, then fine, if you meant ever word, then i have a valid argument, can you answer or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

CS1

May 23, 2012

1. i failed to love god,
and put my needs ahead of two people, he person i sinned against that i got caught for, and the person i lied to

So whcih sin should i Confess? All of them right? Yet how many of us actually do this, actually see the whole picture,

and what if out of fear or shame i did not feel i could go to God? Or others, because i was scared and did not understand grace. So i never confessed any of these sins, and eventually forgot i even did them (which i did alot when i was enslaved with legalistic tendancies and did not understand grace.

i ask again, i committed at oeast 4 willful sins, i knew what i was doing when i did them, in i in danger of losing my salvation because i did not confess those sins to god? Can you answer please?
The idea that asking forgiveness of sins one KNOWS that have done, is in some way legalistic is ploy to deflect from the truth that one has sinned and know they have sinned.
Remember none of the questions asked even suggest they did not understand, knew, or had knowledge of their own sin. This is very important because it is not Legalistic when ONE knows they have sinned , it is disobedience to God. And it is not man saying you have loss your salvation because you have not asked forgiveness of sins you know you did, it is the unwillingness for the person to ask of God what they know they have done. Pual said I have a messenger of satan sent to buffet him Paul was saved , and yet He says
“ Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.”
When we are in trouble tested, failing , and battling the flesh we ARE TO CALL ON THE LORD. The idea we do not need to is foolishness. When the word of god is clear in all our ways we are to call on the Lord. For salvation, for healing, forgiveness, strength , power, comfort, deliverance , mercy, direction, wisdom, etc.. Are you saying , we are not to call on Him and ask forgiveness for sin we know we have done because we are a shamed?

That is not biblical you have not provided anything Biblically to prove this concept none.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Wow man, dont you get it, this is parts of the post you made to someone, the points i was adressing

you can deny my post had any validity, but with these commments you made, taken at face value, my question has every right to be answered.

1. you said we must confess our sins, it is required. So if it is, if i commited those sins and did not cofess and ask forgiveness, am i saved or not?
2. you said. If we sin willfully, there is no sacrifices, i used as an example willful intentional sin, yet you call it a strawman?
3. you said if we have not obeyed fully then we NEED to ask forgiveness, and if we do he is faithful to forgive were my sins forgiven or did i lost salvation? Your the one who made the claim i must as forgiveness, ot me
4. you said thise who say there is no need to ask forgiveness is teaching the lie of th devil. Well i showed what 5 sins done willfully, and did not ask forgiveness, amd i still saved or not?

Sometimes people just need to think what they post. If you messed up and did not mean to say things, then fine, if you meant ever word, then i have a valid argument, can you answer or not?

again you are not providing any biblical support . I'm saying and you do not have to agree as all do not have too. But you should be able to provide Biblical support , you do not have to but FYI, the word of God is the authority on this topic not me :).

And I did not say " if you willfully sin" I was qouting Heb 10:26 you fogot to post that :). again you continue to overlook the context of my post :)

You keep bring up loosing your salvation not me :) and again you failed to read my statement so I will post it for you again.

"If you are unwiling to ask forgivness of these sins you KNOW you did, you are not Endanger of Losing salvation but it would be fair to question if you are even saved to begin with. If you willfully sining and have no desire to ask God to forgive you can you tell me how that is showing God you love HIM?"

There you go :) " you are not endanger of losing salvation".

you like to cherry pick and I under stand why. Youn have no Biblical response :).

I have answered your qiestion : Let me post it here for you Ok :

Post 657 is where I started to respond to the post by mailmandan : where he said

"
Originally Posted by mailmandan

Are you implying that we must confess each sin that we commit as we commit them (keep a specific inventory) as an additional requirement to remain saved and if we forget a sin we are toast!?

I then said " in post 657

CS1 :

Keep a specific inventory ? I have never heard of doctrine were we as Christians are to do such a thing. The Word of God is clear , if you sin you have to repent. this normative is of confessing our sins starts in the old testament . One example is Ps 32:5
“ I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.”

Says the LORD,
They shall be as wool.”
God is saying here let me correct you the word in Hebrew is Yakach a verb meaning to: correct, rebuke and plead. No one is correcting God, but God is saying I’m willing to help you or us and He is saying come.

The context here is nothing about keeping an inventory , that is a false narrative . If you have to keep and inventory you have not asked or confessed your sin and have not been forgiven. In every Biblical point where confession and sin are given, it is to be done immediately , we are not to wait. We are to forgive in the same fashion as Said by our Lord In Matt 6 & 7.

THERE ARE NOT ADDITIONAL REQUIRMENTS to remain saved; that too is a false narrative, confession and self–examination is the act of one who is serious about their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. This is the context of 1 John chapter 1. These self-proclaimed theologians are causing confusion they should read Matt 23 and do what the Lord said .

If you pracices sin, Habitually do what you want to do while knowing it is sin , you have serious relationship issue with the Lord you profess to know AND LOVE. the word of God is clear there is no sacrifice for you.

Jesus said IF you Love me you will Obey me. Have you obeyed fully? can anyone say they have? then you need to ask forgiveness and the Good News He is Faithful and Just to forgive us. Only those who have not fully surrendered their life to God, will come up with this Lie of the devil. Out of this false teaching of “ no need to ask forgiveness”

has came into the church to excuse :

Gay life styles, drunkenness, smoking weed, divorce and remarrying over and over again. Sexual relation before marriage , and a Form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

Yes we are to ask forgiveness; run as far as you can from those who say you do not. When you offend your mother and father do you not ask them to forgive you or to your own children ? then with all the examples in the word of God how does one come up with such a foolish perversion of Gods word to justify sin. And Pervert Grace, the word of God and Salvation . Be free people from your torment you know in your heart of Hearts the Holy Spirit will lead you the way to go. I will ask Forgiveness and confess my sins & faults and I will be forgiven because I take seriously the relationship I have with the Lord and the context of a Holy God which none will see with out holiness and that is from the Lord.

Be free Brother & sister ask of the Lord and HE will answer you.

You responded" in post 658
eternally-gratefull, quesrtion to CS1

"so if i get caught doing something, and lie about it, and never ask god to forgive me, am i still saved, or did i lose salvation because i did not ask god for forgiveness?

I answered it in post :659

CS1 responses:

"
if you are a liar and you are not led by the Holy Spirit to ask forgiveness for lying then you have a serious relationship issue with God. the Strawman you keep bringing up and illustration does not change the word of God . If you are liar = one who Habitually lies and think you do not have to ask forgiveness for being a practicing Liar , that person has a serious issue with the relationship they profess to have with the Lord."

you answered in Post 660:

eternally-gratefull

1. i failed to love god,

I did answer in Post 661:

CS1 :

1. Failed to love God
  3. Have pride
  4. Broke the command

Says the LORD,
They shall be as wool.”

now we are at you response in 662 after much cherry picking .

E

eternally-gratefull

again you are not providing any biblical support . I'm saying and you do not have to agree as all do not have too. But you should be able to provide Biblical support , you do not have to but FYI, the word of God is the authority on this topic not me :).

And I did not say " if you willfully sin" I was qouting Heb 10:26 you fogot to post that :). again you continue to overlook the context of my post :)

You keep bring up loosing your salvation not me :) and again you failed to read my statement so I will post it for you again.

"If you are unwiling to ask forgivness of these sins you KNOW you did, you are not Endanger of Losing salvation but it would be fair to question if you are even saved to begin with. If you willfully sining and have no desire to ask God to forgive you can you tell me how that is showing God you love HIM?"

There you go :) " you are not endanger of losing salvation".

you like to cherry pick and I under stand why. Youn have no Biblical response :).

I have answered your qiestion : Let me post it here for you Ok :

Post 657 is where I started to respond to the post by mailmandan : where he said

"
Originally Posted by mailmandan

Are you implying that we must confess each sin that we commit as we commit them (keep a specific inventory) as an additional requirement to remain saved and if we forget a sin we are toast!?

I then said " in post 657

CS1 :

Keep a specific inventory ? I have never heard of doctrine were we as Christians are to do such a thing. The Word of God is clear , if you sin you have to repent. this normative is of confessing our sins starts in the old testament . One example is Ps 32:5
“ I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.”

Says the LORD,
They shall be as wool.”
God is saying here let me correct you the word in Hebrew is Yakach a verb meaning to: correct, rebuke and plead. No one is correcting God, but God is saying I’m willing to help you or us and He is saying come.

The context here is nothing about keeping an inventory , that is a false narrative . If you have to keep and inventory you have not asked or confessed your sin and have not been forgiven. In every Biblical point where confession and sin are given, it is to be done immediately , we are not to wait. We are to forgive in the same fashion as Said by our Lord In Matt 6 & 7.

THERE ARE NOT ADDITIONAL REQUIRMENTS to remain saved; that too is a false narrative, confession and self–examination is the act of one who is serious about their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. This is the context of 1 John chapter 1. These self-proclaimed theologians are causing confusion they should read Matt 23 and do what the Lord said .

If you pracices sin, Habitually do what you want to do while knowing it is sin , you have serious relationship issue with the Lord you profess to know AND LOVE. the word of God is clear there is no sacrifice for you.

has came into the church to excuse :

Gay life styles, drunkenness, smoking weed, divorce and remarrying over and over again. Sexual relation before marriage , and a Form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

Yes we are to ask forgiveness; run as far as you can from those who say you do not. When you offend your mother and father do you not ask them to forgive you or to your own children ? then with all the examples in the word of God how does one come up with such a foolish perversion of Gods word to justify sin. And Pervert Grace, the word of God and Salvation . Be free people from your torment you know in your heart of Hearts the Holy Spirit will lead you the way to go. I will ask Forgiveness and confess my sins & faults and I will be forgiven because I take seriously the relationship I have with the Lord and the context of a Holy God which none will see with out holiness and that is from the Lord.

Be free Brother & sister ask of the Lord and HE will answer you.

You responded" in post 658
eternally-gratefull, quesrtion to CS1

"so if i get caught doing something, and lie about it, and never ask god to forgive me, am i still saved, or did i lose salvation because i did not ask god for forgiveness?

I answered it in post :659

CS1 responses:

"
if you are a liar and you are not led by the Holy Spirit to ask forgiveness for lying then you have a serious relationship issue with God. the Strawman you keep bringing up and illustration does not change the word of God . If you are liar = one who Habitually lies and think you do not have to ask forgiveness for being a practicing Liar , that person has a serious issue with the relationship they profess to have with the Lord."

you answered in Post 660:

eternally-gratefull

1. i failed to love god,

I did answer in Post 661:

CS1 :

1. Failed to love God
  3. Have pride
  4. Broke the command

Says the LORD,
They shall be as wool.”

now we are at you response in 662 after much cherry picking .

You still missed my whole point,

you said if i did not ask forgiveness, i might not be saved at wll,

and i showed you why a person did not ask forgiveness, and i spoke from not only personal experience, but from what i witness in church growing up, and you did not even respond to that point, and even in this point just blew it off as if it was a meaningless question. How do you think that reaches people?

You keep saying these are strawman arguments, yet i have heard non believers ask hese questions many times, and got the same type of answers, and they would just walk away laughing at these people who are supposed to represent god, yet cant back their own reasoning, in fact, i could not answer them myself for many years, and it is one of reasons i walked away from god for 5 years,

you need to think

when you say we MUST ask forgiveness, what will happen if we do not? You never answered that question from i see. Most people will assume you mean they will lose salvation if they do not ask forgiveness when someone says you MUST! (hence my questions to try to get you to explain.)

you went even further and said those who teach you do not have to confess, are false teachers from satan, think about it, unless confession is required or salvation can be lost, thats a ridiculous statement, and here is no answer you can give which will convince any non believer you are being sincere. The fact remains, if i am not in danger of losing salvation, i do not HAVE to ask forgiveness. (Although i am hurting myself greatly if i do not, so it would be a foolish thing to not do)

then of course, in all this, you use the go to passage, if we sin willfully, welp, i showed someone who sinned willfully, which the passage said there is no more sacrifice, and did not do what you claimed they had to do or else, (confess) and said that in not doing so i was prety much doing the will of satan (in not so many words)

non believers visit this sight, you would think you would word what you post carefully knowing they may see what you post and question you, i questioned you for their sake, not mine, i know the answer to the questions.

You can continue to go this way, or you could see the point of why i asked to begin with.

E

eternally-gratefull

The idea that asking forgiveness of sins one KNOWS that have done, is in some way legalistic is ploy to deflect from the truth that one has sinned and know they have sinned.
Remember none of the questions asked even suggest they did not understand, knew, or had knowledge of their own sin. This is very important because it is not Legalistic when ONE knows they have sinned , it is disobedience to God. And it is not man saying you have loss your salvation because you have not asked forgiveness of sins you know you did, it is the unwillingness for the person to ask of God what they know they have done. Pual said I have a messenger of satan sent to buffet him Paul was saved , and yet He says
“ Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.”
When we are in trouble tested, failing , and battling the flesh we ARE TO CALL ON THE LORD. The idea we do not need to is foolishness. When the word of god is clear in all our ways we are to call on the Lord. For salvation, for healing, forgiveness, strength , power, comfort, deliverance , mercy, direction, wisdom, etc.. Are you saying , we are not to call on Him and ask forgiveness for sin we know we have done because we are a shamed?

That is not biblical you have not provided anything Biblically to prove this concept none.

lol,, i said i willingly knew what i was doing and refused to confess, so really? I also asked if I Lost salvation, suggesting that i understood those things were wrong, and finally, they knew the thing they got caught in was sin, thats why they lied to cover it up and try to get out of the consequences.

i know it is disobedience to God to not confess, that was not my question, my question is if we MUST as forgiveness because it is REQUIRED, and if i did those things and did not do what you said MUST be done, did i lose salvation.

It was an easy question, i am sorry you could not see that.

CS1

May 23, 2012
lol,, i said i willingly knew what i was doing and refused to confess, so really? I also asked if I Lost salvation, suggesting that i understood those things were wrong, and finally, they knew the thing they got caught in was sin, thats why they lied to cover it up and try to get out of the consequences.

i know it is disobedience to God to not confess, that was not my question, my question is if we MUST as forgiveness because it is REQUIRED, and if i did those things and did not do what you said MUST be done, did i lose salvation.

It was an easy question, i am sorry you could not see that.
and easy question LOL

again your question is a false Narrative asked on false pretenses , to trap a person.
A ploy; too in some way, have one say what you think is losing their salvation. Again nothing you have asked is from a Biblical application. Only positional. And you keep suggesting I am saying why? I have not said Heb 10:26 and 1John 1:9 and jas 5:16
If you do not ask forgiveness for a sin you know you have done when the word of God instructs us to do so. “Oh I confess my sins because it is required” ; what a sad attitude to have towards God oh I sent my Son because I had too. NO! God sent His only son because of Love , we ask forgiveness for our sin we have done because we Love HIM. Very simple. Relationship produces fruit that is of Christ. The human reasoning and false narratives created to trap people into a doctrinal position is not being honest .

E

eternally-gratefull

and easy question LOL

again your question is a false Narrative asked on false pretenses , to trap a person.
A ploy; too in some way, have one say what you think is losing their salvation. Again nothing you have asked is from a Biblical application. Only positional. And you keep suggesting I am saying why? I have not said Heb 10:26 and 1John 1:9 and jas 5:16
If you do not ask forgiveness for a sin you know you have done when the word of God instructs us to do so. “Oh I confess my sins because it is required” ; what a sad attitude to have towards God oh I sent my Son because I had too. NO! God sent His only son because of Love , we ask forgiveness for our sin we have done because we Love HIM. Very simple. Relationship produces fruit that is of Christ. The human reasoning and false narratives created to trap people into a doctrinal position is not being honest .

Just because in your mind it has false pretense or i am trying to trap a person is your issue not mine, if you really thinkn5is you need to get down and ask why you think people are trying to trap you that causes you to not answer questions.

i am not trying to trap anyone, i am asking a question asked by many people all over the world, you just attacked hypergrace in another thread as the basis for your reasoning of why it is evil to say we do not have to ask forgiveness.

Their reasoning is we do not have to ask to stay saved. So if your reasoning is they are wrong, then that is forced to be your context. In fact 90. % of people who make your arguments make it on the basis if we do not ask forgiveness, we risk losing salvation.

CS1

May 23, 2012
You still missed my whole point,

you said if i did not ask forgiveness, i might not be saved at wll,

and i showed you why a person did not ask forgiveness, and i spoke from not only personal experience, but from what i witness in church growing up, and you did not even respond to that point, and even in this point just blew it off as if it was a meaningless question. How do you think that reaches people?

You keep saying these are strawman arguments, yet i have heard non believers ask hese questions many times, and got the same type of answers, and they would just walk away laughing at these people who are supposed to represent god, yet cant back their own reasoning, in fact, i could not answer them myself for many years, and it is one of reasons i walked away from god for 5 years,

you need to think

when you say we MUST ask forgiveness, what will happen if we do not? You never answered that question from i see. Most people will assume you mean they will lose salvation if they do not ask forgiveness when someone says you MUST! (hence my questions to try to get you to explain.)

you went even further and said those who teach you do not have to confess, are false teachers from satan, think about it, unless confession is required or salvation can be lost, thats a ridiculous statement, and here is no answer you can give which will convince any non believer you are being sincere. The fact remains, if i am not in danger of losing salvation, i do not HAVE to ask forgiveness. (Although i am hurting myself greatly if i do not, so it would be a foolish thing to not do)

then of course, in all this, you use the go to passage, if we sin willfully, welp, i showed someone who sinned willfully, which the passage said there is no more sacrifice, and did not do what you claimed they had to do or else, (confess) and said that in not doing so i was prety much doing the will of satan (in not so many words)

non believers visit this sight, you would think you would word what you post carefully knowing they may see what you post and question you, i questioned you for their sake, not mine, i know the answer to the questions.

You can continue to go this way, or you could see the point of why i asked to begin with.

You did not show any person you asked a hypothetical question in the beginning then changed the story account to be you. Second I have answered ever answer Biblically you have not YET used even scripture to even help formulate the very question you are asking, why? Because it is a trap.
The answer to your question is this:

If you willfully sin and are not repentant as the Full context of the Bible shows to be with over whelming witnesses in the word of God did which I have posted. Then you ask a question and do not see the context to the answer in the word of God? What do you want my opinion? Please you are being dishonest .

And yes anyone who teaches you do not have to ask forgiveness for SINS they know they have done when the context of Bible and asking forgiveness is shown and taught by

Jesus In Matt chapter 6 & 7 explained in 1John 1
and please do not try to make this about me and what if a non believer visted this site ,

your opinion of what I posted being more careful LOL is laughable . if a non-believer visits this site and saw the idea that Christians who sin do not have to ask Forgiveness FOR SINS they KNOW THEY HAVE DONE a NON-Believer would think this Hypocrite! You sir need to be more careful with your opinion and you in how many post do not even use ONE Bible verse to support your position . LOL

E

eternally-gratefull

You did not show any person you asked a hypothetical question in the beginning then changed the story account to be you. Second I have answered ever answer Biblically you have not YET used even scripture to even help formulate the very question you are asking, why? Because it is a trap.
The answer to your question is this:

If you willfully sin and are not repentant as the Full context of the Bible shows to be with over whelming witnesses in the word of God did which I have posted. Then you ask a question and do not see the context to the answer in the word of God? What do you want my opinion? Please you are being dishonest .

And yes anyone who teaches you do not have to ask forgiveness for SINS they know they have done when the context of Bible and asking forgiveness is shown and taught by

Jesus In Matt chapter 6 & 7 explained in 1John 1
and please do not try to make this about me and what if a non believer visted this site ,

your opinion of what I posted being more careful LOL is laughable . if a non-believer visits this site and saw the idea that Christians who sin do not have to ask Forgiveness FOR SINS they KNOW THEY HAVE DONE a NON-Believer would think this Hypocrite! You sir need to be more careful with your opinion and you in how many post do not even use ONE Bible verse to support your position . LOL

Whatever man,

keep preaching that we are required to confess, or else, keep blame shifting, and keep ignoring the fact that your beef is that people who teach we do not need to ask forgiveness (based not on the truth, that they believe we do Not need to ask forgiveness based on the issue we need to to maintain salvation, but on the lie they do. Ot think we need to ask it at all) is from the devil

i asked you a simple question,

if i did these things woundwould i lose my salvation.

all you had to do was say no, that is not why we are required to ask forgivess, then I would have probably asked then why, and we could have maybe had a normal conversation.

but i guess thats to hard, you think i am out to trap you for some reason so you can never answer a question but have to go of on these huge debates, which do not even answer the question first Asked.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Just because in your mind it has false pretense or i am trying to trap a person is your issue not mine, if you really thinkn5is you need to get down and ask why you think people are trying to trap you that causes you to not answer questions.

i am not trying to trap anyone, i am asking a question asked by many people all over the world, you just attacked hypergrace in another thread as the basis for your reasoning of why it is evil to say we do not have to ask forgiveness.

Their reasoning is we do not have to ask to stay saved. So if your reasoning is they are wrong, then that is forced to be your context. In fact 90. % of people who make your arguments make it on the basis if we do not ask forgiveness, we risk losing salvation.

Still waiting for a Biblical context and support from you sir. This is not about me it is about false narratives . And no Biblical support . “Must Christian ask for Forgiveness every time they Sin? “
Yes . Why Because God will forgive. How do I know that ? because the Bible says so Where the Bible say that?
It is in the Full Context of both Old and New Testament:

Says the LORD,
They shall be as wool.”

If you are a person who does not know the Lord Jesus Christ I want you to know the Word of God says God Loves you, and HE in John 3:16 tells us of that Love and how HE gave to us HIS Son to save us from our sins. IF we trust Christ work on the Cross and Believe in HIM , ask for His forgiveness HE Christ will save you.
And the life that you live from that point on will be one of commitment and relationship with GOD.

E

eternally-gratefull

Still waiting for a Biblical context and support from you sir. This is not about me it is about false narratives . And no Biblical support . “Must Christian ask for Forgiveness every time they Sin? “
Yes . Why Because God will forgive.
you just fell into your own trap, you just suggested that if i do not ask forgiveness, god will not forgive

what happens if god does not fogive,

i lose my salvation.

so according to these words, if i commited those sins, and did not ask forgivess, i lost my salvation. That is what you just said, plain and simple for all to see,

why must i ask, so god will forgive, what then happens if i do not ask, bod does not forgive,

and you say i am the one confused.

by he way, i know what the bible says, and it does not say if i fail to ask for forgiveness, god will take my salvation because he will not forgive those sins. What it does say, is it cleanses the filth that has me entrapped and keeps me fro walking forward so i can be used by him, because unconfessed sin in my life causes a seperation, not because Gid walks away from me, but i walked away from him, and as long as i hide that sin, i am prety much useless to him, thats why i confess, for MY HEALING and restoration, in fact he said not only do i confess it to god, but we are to confess them to each oner

Last edited by a moderator:

CS1

May 23, 2012
Whatever man,

keep preaching that we are required to confess, or else, keep blame shifting, and keep ignoring the fact that your beef is that people who teach we do not need to ask forgiveness (based not on the truth, that they believe we do Not need to ask forgiveness based on the issue we need to to maintain salvation, but on the lie they do. Ot think we need to ask it at all) is from the devil

i asked you a simple question,

if i did these things woundwould i lose my salvation.

all you had to do was say no, that is not why we are required to ask forgivess, then I would have probably asked then why, and we could have maybe had a normal conversation.

but i guess thats to hard, you think i am out to trap you for some reason so you can never answer a question but have to go of on these huge debates, which do not even answer the question first Asked.

I did see your comments in the word of God , in fact I do not see you use anything in your response from the word of God. but I do see your opinion and you are entitled to it. it's just not found in the bible I mean you have not shown your opinion biblically to refute what has been given Biblically to support my understanding.
again your question is a false Narrative . 1.the foundation to your question is it is required to ask forgiveness or you lose your salvation. That is the trap you are trying to lay J. However If we cannot Judge a person other than their action we do see, it can be said by the action they who profess to be saved and willfully sin and KNOW that they DO maybe not saved.

2. It speaks volumes to that person(s )relationship when they willfully sin and KNOW that they are and Unwilling to ask God to forgive them.

3. a Non-Believer would say why would I need Christ ? Christian do the same thing as me and think they are saved so by that I’m saved too.
wrong ,

CS1

May 23, 2012
you just fell into your own trap, you just suggested that if i do not ask forgiveness, god will not forgive

what happens if god does not fogive,

i lose my salvation.

so according to these words, if i commited those sins, and did not ask forgivess, i lost my salvation. That is what you just said, plain and simple for all to see,

why must i ask, so god will forgive, what then happens if i do not ask, bod does not forgive,

and you say i am the one confused.

by he way, i know what the bible says, and it does not say if i fail to ask for forgiveness, god will take my salvation because he will not forgive those sins. What it does say, is it cleanses the filth that has me entrapped and keeps me fro walking forward so i can be used by him, because unconfessed sin in my life causes a seperation, not because Gid walks away from me, but i walked away from him, and as long as i hide that sin, i am prety much useless to him, thats why i confess, for MY HEALING and restoration, in fact he said not only do i confess it to god, but we are to confess them to each oner

lol no I did not you have a very unbiblical outlook on this topic of Forgiveness and asking God to forgive, the false Narrative. what does the Bible say about God forgivness ? when you ask "what happens if god does not fogive,"

that question is very alarming coming from a Christian , who should be able to answer Biblically

so the answer is found in the word of God 1John 1:9"“ If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

your angenda and false narrative is crumbling. Human reason does not change the word of God. What if God does not forgive LOL foolishness, then God is a a liar ? after it states HE is faithful to forgive . After Jesus tells us to Forgive 70 x 7 a day for each thing man does to us. LOL ahahahahah

BIBle 101

E

eternally-gratefull

I did see your comments in the word of God , in fact I do not see you use anything in your response from the word of God. but I do see your opinion and you are entitled to it. it's just not found in the bible I mean you have not shown your opinion biblically to refute what has been given Biblically to support my understanding.
again your question is a false Narrative . 1.the foundation to your question is it is required to ask forgiveness or you lose your salvation. That is the trap you are trying to lay J. However If we cannot Judge a person other than their action we do see, it can be said by the action they who profess to be saved and willfully sin and KNOW that they DO maybe not saved.

2. It speaks volumes to that person(s )relationship when they willfully sin and KNOW that they are and Unwilling to ask God to forgive them.

3. a Non-Believer would say why would I need Christ ? Christian do the same thing as me and think they are saved so by that I’m saved too.
wrong ,
so your saying i lost my salvation

i am sorry, but i see no other way to interpret what your saying. If anyone can see any other possible response please share with me

Ps, i know nobody who is a professing child of God going out to sin and saying it us ok, i can live anyway i want, but i also know no one personally who when they sin does not get on their knees or tell someone, or admit to god and others that they willfully sinned against god.

The only people i even here hint of others are people who are against grace alone theough faith alone teaching. I am not saying this is you, just making an observation.

E

eternally-gratefull

lol no I did not you have a very unbiblical outlook on this topic of Forgiveness and asking God to forgive, the false Narrative. what does the Bible say about God forgivness ? when you ask "what happens if god does not fogive,"

that question is very alarming coming from a Christian , who should be able to answer Biblically

so the answer is found in the word of God 1John 1:9"“ If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

your angenda and false narrative is crumbling. Human reason does not change the word of God. What if God does not forgive LOL foolishness, then God is a a liar ? after it states HE is faithful to forgive . After Jesus tells us to Forgive 70 x 7 a day for each thing man does to us. LOL ahahahahah

BIBle 101
Lol again, whatever,

a person who is saved and secure knows why they no longer need forgiven, because they are secure in christ, thats why they can go to God without fear, because god wants to be our ABBA, not someone who is so demaning people are afraid to go to him and confess

i saw many people walk away from god because of fear which tore at them, because instead of people helping with sin, they were told you need to repent of else,,

when you say we must repent and if we do god will forgive, you need to explain what that means, you do not leave it open, and then get mad when people question you,

Chester

May 23, 2016
One of the problems in this discussion is what is meant by confession:

Biblically confession does not mean "to say the right words".

The literal meaning of the Greek word is "to say the same thing as" - hence it means "to agree with God".

CS1

May 23, 2012
Lol again, whatever,

a person who is saved and secure knows why they no longer need forgiven, because they are secure in christ, thats why they can go to God without fear, because god wants to be our ABBA, not someone who is so demaning people are afraid to go to him and confess

i saw many people walk away from god because of fear which tore at them, because instead of people helping with sin, they were told you need to repent of else,,

when you say we must repent and if we do god will forgive, you need to explain what that means, you do not leave it open, and then get mad when people question you,
yea that line of thinking means you live the way you want to and sin and God endorcs your willful sining . Because I am saved to do what ever I want and live the way I want.
you saw many people walk away from God because they did not have or were given the full word of God . Forgiveness is something we have , and HIS Mercy is new to us each day.

I wish you were able to qoute one scripture to your point. Yet two threads and not even one.

read 1John 1 and Heb 10:26 and Matt 6-7

E

eternally-gratefull

One of the problems in this discussion is what is meant by confession:

Biblically confession does not mean "to say the right words".

The literal meaning of the Greek word is "to say the same thing as" - hence it means "to agree with God".
i agree, it also means to name the sin. Or acknowledge that what you dd was a sin

no believer of gid i have ever met, no matter what side of the fence they come from (hypergrace included) disagrees with the fact we should confess our sins to god, and others.

However, the problem with the discussio is the open statement that we must do it in christ rder to be forgiven. Not the fact we should confess, there is no argument there at sll, from any side

Cee

May 14, 2010
I personally like the stance:

1) Positionally I don't need to ask forgiveness for every sin.
2) Relationally I don't want anything to condemn my heart towards Him.