Must we repent in order to be forgiven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Interpretation of scripture is subject to how men read and understand them. There were divisions since the beginning of Christianity and the apostles warned their followers of those who would seek to draw followers to themselves and not continue in the harmony of the gospel and the power of the Spirit.

John 10:27-28 :)

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
OSAS will have you believe God hasn't given man the ability to choose to believe the gospel or reject the Gospel. They also will say you don't have a choice to follow God once you believe, or choose to turn from Him once you have accepted. It is a false doctrine from hell itself.
Your conflating Eternal security with the false teaching called Calvinism.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
OSAS will have you believe God hasn't given man the ability to choose to believe the gospel or reject the Gospel. They also will say you don't have a choice to follow God once you believe, or choose to turn from Him once you have accepted. It is a false doctrine from hell itself.
Calvinisms version of Eternal security is a deception thats closer to what you believe when you scratch the surface .

Jan 17, 2021
Which verse says this ?
" Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. "

"Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest."

We are to bear fruit so we might be harvested

Jan 17, 2021
Calvinisms version of Eternal security is a deception thats closer to what you believe when you scratch the surface .
Calvinism uses the exact scriptures that you use, and in the same context. You may not like the label, but you are a Calvinist

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It has everything to do with walking with God until he decides we are ready to be harvested.
Jesus refers to the harvest of people who are ready to believe and be gathered into the kingdom (Matthew 9:38).

Therefore, it would seem they were not "walking with God" before being harvested.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
There will be those that will beheaded during the tribulation. Not the Church. There is no Church mentioned after Rev 4 .
The bolded part: A slogan repeated ad nauseum which means nothing.

Please explain how those beheaded during the tribulation are not part of the body of Christ.
And how saved Israel is not part of the body of Christ.

The book is written to the Church. To help the Church endure the things that must soon take place. Rev 1:1
Jesus addresses the Church directly in Rev 22:16

Jan 17, 2021
Jesus refers to the harvest of people who are ready to believe and be gathered into the kingdom (Matthew 9:38).

Therefore, it would seem they were not "walking with God" before being harvested.
If my use of the word "harvest" is too confusing for you, let me reconstruct what I said. We walk with God if we are true believers until he decides we are to leave this world. if youre not walking with God, youre not his.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If my use of the word "harvest" is too confusing for you, let me reconstruct what I said. We walk with God if we are true believers until he decides we are to leave this world. if youre not walking with God, youre not his.
Clearly you are confused. Jesus identified the harvest. It is not what you said.

Jan 17, 2021
Clearly you are confused. Jesus identified the harvest. It is not what you said.
I said in order for you to understand I would reconstruct what I said. Are you inferring God has not taken any believers from the earth to this point?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I said in order for you to understand I would reconstruct what I said. Are you inferring God has not taken any believers from the earth to this point?
My understanding aligns with what Jesus said. Yours does not.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Physically no . Rom 8.23 ..but could you explain Eph 2.6 please ?