My (adopted) dad past away at 94

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
An atheist all the way., I'll probably be away for awhile from this Forum. I'm the only child and will be busy with all the legalities.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless crossnote, with peace and comfort as his adopted dad, passed away. Please bless crossnote, and this prayer, in Jesus precious name, Amen!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am sorry to hear that, crossnote. My condolences to you and all who loved your dad...

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry for your loss, friend. I’m praying for God’s comfort and peace upon you and your family.

Feb 28, 2016
Take care dear Friend,
you are in our prayers,
may The Lord guide and comfort...

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
An atheist all the way., I'll probably be away for awhile from this Forum. I'm the only child and will be busy with all the legalities.
I was adopted also and I never considered my dad anything less than my dad. From my earliest memories he never treated me as if I wasn't his or put me down because he didn't father me biologically. He went above and beyond what many other men would have tolerated from children of there own flesh and blood and never mentioned that I wasn't his very own son. He too was anti religion because he saw what religion does to some but I've heard him thank God out loud many times. I knew he meant every word when he did too.

Adoption is a fundamental Christian belief. As we gentiles are not saved by flesh and blood but by love and faith. My heart is with you, take your time my bro. There is a time and purpose for everything.

K

Kim82

So sorry to hear that... Do you have anyone else to help you with funeral arrangements? Oh I hope you're not all alone in this. So sad...

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Let us pray all goes well and may you have the wisdom and love to oversee family issues."
'Amen'
'Praise God'
man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Dusty59

Jul 25, 2019
Crossnote I am so sorry to read this. we pray that the Lord my comfort you and your family.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Even more so that he was an atheist.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I was adopted also and I never considered my dad anything less than my dad. From my earliest memories he never treated me as if I wasn't his or put me down because he didn't father me biologically. He went above and beyond what many other men would have tolerated from children of there own flesh and blood and never mentioned that I wasn't his very own son. He too was anti religion because he saw what religion does to some but I've heard him thank God out loud many times. I knew he meant every word when he did too.

Adoption is a fundamental Christian belief. As we gentiles are not saved by flesh and blood but by love and faith. My heart is with you, take your time my bro. There is a time and purpose for everything.
Thank you. I never knew I was adopted until I was 48 (22 years ago) upon my mother's passing. So it made no difference.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
So sorry to hear that... Do you have anyone else to help you with funeral arrangements? Oh I hope you're not all alone in this. So sad...
Thanks. I am the only one and he lived 5 hours (driving) away. There are two sisters but older than him, living in British Columbia and the Yukon about 2000 miles away. The funeral arrangements is mainly through phone calls, and is not difficult (he wished cremation and his ashes spread on the property). The difficult part is coming up, the property, deeds, bank accounts, realtors etc. etc. which we will be going to and meeting with, early this coming week.
Need prayer for that.

(PS, I'm a dunce when it comes to all the legal mumbo jumbo.)

K

Kim82

I'll be praying for you. Just make sure you get the right legal advice. Yes I know how difficult it can get, but God is able to see you through.

Feb 28, 2016
so many times after a loved one passes, what you have posted, this is what begins to separate
what we call, 'blood vs dirt/land/$'...

we both were led to chose 'blood', unfortunately, the rest chose 'dirt/$...

we both have experienced PEACE, they are still in un-rest and chaos...

LUKE 12:13.
And one of the company said unto Him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.
And He said unto him, Man, who made Me a judge or a divider over you?
And He said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consists not
in the abundance of the things which he possesses.

PS. 16:5.
The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: Thou maintainest my lot.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks all for your prayers, things have been working out as far as getting lot of the 'stuff' done.
What is a true gut wrencher is the knowledge of him suffering forever...something I'm not sure I'll ever get over this side of eternity.

Feb 28, 2016
Cross,
Jesus has many mysteries untold that we have yet to understand -
we both do know this, that all in their life-times' are not called -
this is an obvious observation, but we do know that God knows
His own now and after -
this is where a great mystery of mercy exists -
Please don't fret dear one, for our God is a merciful God,
way beyond our comprehension, 'His thought and ways
are way above ours, thus our hearts always exist with HOPE...