My answer to the question, "What does belief in God mean to me?" How about you ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kirk341345

My answer to the question, "What does belief in God mean to me?" How about you ?

[FONT=q_serif]To me, belief in God means unconditional love always, inner peace when surrounded by chaos, guidance when lost, hope when in despair, and purpose when floundering. If I had not accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior at the point in my life that I did, I would not have any of those and would have remained broken in spirit.
I was raised a Christian and read a chapter in the Bible every morning for decades. For many of those years however my eyes were merely passing over the wordsi. I fell into a pattern where I was reading without purpose. It saddens me to admit that reading the scriptures had become a “check the box” exercise, something that I did every morning because I had always done it. I had made reading the Bible a rote process, all be it without the learning. Most mornings I could not elaborate what I had read and what it all meant.
Fortunately, after stumbling along for years, and with my life spiraling out of control, I found myself attending a church with a pastor who really “spoke to me.” He preached enthusiastically from the Bible while relating it directly to everything happening in the world. He inspired me.
I began to read the Bible with a renewed sense of purpose. As opposed to reading the next chapter in the morning, I took advantage of every opportunity to read and study the scriptures. In doing so, I found the unconditional love, inner peace, guidance, hope, and purpose that I so desperately needed.
God stopped the downward spiral of my life. Now I read and study the Bible as an essential part of my Faith. For years, I did read it “because I (somewhat) randomly considered myself to be a believer in God.”
I recently heard the Bible described as a “Love Letter from God to His Children.” It took me a very long time, but I consider myself blessed to be able to understand and to concur completely with such a description.

[/FONT]

Feb 28, 2016
Re: My answer to the question, "What does belief in God mean to me?" How about you

a great 'share' - many times there's just no comments when someone shares
about their Spiritual Growth, it's unfortunate, but always remember, Jesus Christ
hears everything that our hearts and souls speak, that's enough for the both of us.
GBY...:)

K

Kirk341345

Re: My answer to the question, "What does belief in God mean to me?" How about you

Thanks. I hope being a witness will help bring others to Christ or encourage others to share their stories. Thanks again for the encouragement. Bless you ✝️

jesussavesbro7

Jan 5, 2016

kirk sooo kool who was the Pastor i would love to hear it. I really like this radio station i listen to in my city of colorado springs colorado. 101.7 it is the calvarly church station so many gooooood teachings.

Feb 28, 2016

total "ASSURANCE", this is a hard-won battle all along the pathway...it's always, 'one-step-at-a-time'...

Sep 18, 2017

God makes me giggle! Needed when the appointed task is the demolition of a peadophile ring's warped stupidity!

K

Kirk341345

Hi, Pastor Kenny Chinn at Northside Church in Wilmington, NC. Here is a link to his recent sermon series. Northside Church | Getting Over Your Insecurity Enjoy my Friend.

N

NewlydivorcedChristianmom

Your testimony Kirk, was like my life.
I was also raised in a Christian home but rebelled and ended up marrying an unsaved person.
Through pain and God taking everything away, He finally got my attention and reading His Word is more special to me now.
I have yet to find a Church that preaches like you described with enthusiasm.
Before Christ, I too would read The Bible and get nothing out of it. This would frustrate me to the point of not reading it.
I became angry at the world and God when my marriage fell apart and my partner in life left me for someone "better".
I felt alone and abandoned but that's where God became my only hope.
I reached up with both hands and felt Him grasp mine.
I'm definitely a new person who loves God with all my heart, soul and mind.
I have never shared my testimony because I'm shy but your testimony encouraged me to share.
Thank you

K

Kirk341345

Your testimony Kirk, was like my life.
I was also raised in a Christian home but rebelled and ended up marrying an unsaved person.
Through pain and God taking everything away, He finally got my attention and reading His Word is more special to me now.
I have yet to find a Church that preaches like you described with enthusiasm.
Before Christ, I too would read The Bible and get nothing out of it. This would frustrate me to the point of not reading it.
I became angry at the world and God when my marriage fell apart and my partner in life left me for someone "better".
I felt alone and abandoned but that's where God became my only hope.
I reached up with both hands and felt Him grasp mine.
I'm definitely a new person who loves God with all my heart, soul and mind.
I have never shared my testimony because I'm shy but your testimony encouraged me to share.
Thank you
You are welcome. It does my heart good to hear that my testimony helped you share your story. Together through God I am sure our combined replies will help others struggling. Thank you. Blessings, Kirk