My ax-grinding partial preterist thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Not really a 'preterist' view, but this guy seems to be saying Revelation is over and that it was about the destruction of the Roman Empire.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f62FMOmqPTU[/video]

Gordon Fee is one of the more respected theologians.

Revelation Happened 2000 Years Ago. Dr. Gordon Fee - YouTube

It's more of an idealist perspective. But it's interesting to have a respected evangelical theologian saying Revelation is done.

J

jimmydiggs

Sooooo, Jesus isn't coming again?

That's what this sounds like. "Not really a 'preterist' view, but this guy seems to be saying Revelation is over and that it was about the destruction of the Roman Empire. "

A

Abiding

Sooooo, Jesus isn't coming again?

That's what this sounds like. "Not really a 'preterist' view, but this guy seems to be saying Revelation is over and that it was about the destruction of the Roman Empire. "
theres a sequel....dont miss part 2 its way better than part 1. This time we will be togather :)

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I need an official ax grinding thread on this...

1. Why do people who demand an almost total literal interpretation, interpret near and soon in Revelation 1:3 as some kind of figurative code speak from Jesus? Why in one of the MOST non-symbolic parts of revelation do they drop their desire for a literal interpretation and demand it all the sudden become non-literal?

2. Why do futurists demand that there be an exact reference to every event in Revelation in an outside the bible history book? They don't do that with other parts of the Bible that aren't written about in some outside the Bible history book.

I somewhat loath myself for having an ax to grind.

Remember, Jesus is still bringing His work to compleation in us all! :)

God bless
pickles

A

Abiding

I mean revelations was fulfilled almost totally in 70ad...very little wasnt...yet nearly all
of it was....against some who say there is nothing in it to be able to call it a double
fulfillment prophecy...i think it is. And as Jesus came in judgement in the clouds in 70ad
He will come this time personally for the church and Judge the world and start the eternal
new heaven and new earth as Peter told us in his epistle.