My boyfriend Joshua died

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SuZQ154

May 12, 2017
So so sorry for your loss. Your pain and anger are understandable. Going through this is unexpected and probably shatters your dreams. I have not experienced this so I honestly do not know exactly what you are feeling. My own shattered dream of living happily ever after because of divorce took time, "going through" the grieving process, and holding on to hope when I wanted to let go. Reading books was one avenue of healing. for me You might want out this book. https://bit.ly/2FRXJjw It might help. Praying for you today.

Mar 9, 2018
My heart breaks for you - of course you want to know why this happened and why God allowed it. If it were me, or one of children experiencing the same thing, I would want answers too. When you love someone, you become vulnerable to the sorrow that comes from losing that person.

Shock and grief are devastating emotions for the human heart to endure. They shake us to the core. Yet in the midst of that sorrow and pain, God promises to be there with us. It will take time for you to find a way to cope, and that can best be done by allowing others to surround you with support and understanding. Let others help you grieve. Let others listen to your thoughts and feelings. Let others hold you while you cry.

Over time you may begin to see how God can use this experience to draw you closer to Him. God works that way - He knows what is in your heart and the sadness that consumes you. He is the only One who can help you move forward with a new set of eyes. Only He can turn your sorrow into something meaningful. Please be patient. Let God carry you for now. He is your Great Shepherd and can comfort you when you need it the most. He lost a loved one too, so He felt loss much the same way you do.

Can I pray with you?

"Lord, I pray for my friend here who is grieving and trying to cope with this overwhelming sorrow. I pray you will wrap your love around her so tightly that she will know without a doubt that your love is greater than any other force on this earth. I pray you will calm her heart, and put her on a path that brings her closer to you. Amen."
this is the kindest support I think I've gotten here. Thank you so much. When I was reading your kind prayer, I unintentionally read that and heard Joshua reading it, instead of my own voice in my head.