My dad Really has been frustrating me lately

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ManiaStar

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2015
381
29
28
I haven't been feeling good all week and still been working all week. About a half hour ago, I decided I wanted to watch a movie and cuddle w/ my dog, so, i did. I was enjoying the movie and the company of my dog holding her on the chair w/ me and she fell asleep. My dad came in to take her for a walk. I said, I'm comfortable and she's comfortable and she's sleeping. Why can't you just let us be? He was like, bc I need to take her for a walk now because if i take her any later, I won't be able to get to sleep.

I asked him why he can't just skip taking her for a walk tonight and let her in our backyard instead. He said no, that he needs to take her.

Complete BS. My parents rarely like letting my dog in our backyard yet, we have it set up beautifully. We have ivy in our yard and my dog knows to do her business in the ivy and she always does, however, my parents still don't want her back there and i let her in the backyard as much as possible bc I know she just loves it out there.

But, I angrily said to my dad out of frustration. I don't understand why you can't just let me and her be and when you see us cuddling together, let us alone but no, my parents always seem to get the upper hand yet, this is MY dog. I pay for her and take care of her and we made a deal when I first adopted her to never give her people food yet, my mom has not listened and gives her people food all the time and has spoiled her. They used to let her in the backyard all the time but now my dad is wanting to walk her all the time. Yes, he can walk her but, the times when I'm spending time w/ her and he wants to interupt the quality time I'm spending w/ her to walk her when it's not necessary, angers me so much.

I just got way too angry and asked (kinda yelling) at my mom asking her why he always has to do this and she said he finds it necessary to see that she's actually going to the bathroom. That he is more comfortable in knowing that she's going to the bathroom and he knows that when he walks her, she'll go at least 3 times but if he lets her in the backyard, that he doesn't know if she's actually going.

Umm, sure if she asks to go out, she is going to go to the bathroom. She has only peed in the house once and that was the week we adopted her but then she has never had another accident and I've had her for 9 yrs now and she goes perfectly each and every day.

I usually take my dog for a bike ride or a walk in the woods and I LOVE spending that time w/ her. It's so peaceful and fun but, my dad likes to take over and even when my dog doesn't want to go for a walk, my dad makes her go anyways.

I keep telling him, if she shows you she doesn't want to walk, please don't make her go yet, he always does and he has to pull her to go w/ him even though she doesn't always want to go. I tried using the same example on him. I said to him, what if you were sick or injured and someone forced you to go for a walk even when you didn't feel up to it, how would it make you feel? He said it'd make him angry and he would refuse to go. So, I said, well, Sunshine has often told you she didn't want to go for a walk, yet you forced her anyway, so how is that fair to her?? HIs reply was, she was a dog, once she gets outside, she'll enjoy the walk --- or, i say she'll just go along w/ it bc she's forced to....

Why can't I just say, My Dog, MY Rules?!? I've tried that once before, it didn't go too well.

I did get my dog to stay w/ me after i let her cool off but, she won't lay like she had been before and she won't cuddle w/ me anymore bc she's too warm. Now i'm trying to relax bc this whole thing has angered me and I'm still not feeling good.....

My dad never takes a break. He has done a lot to anger and frustrate me over the years and I've been trying very very hard to just overcome and forget about all that, but, he still has to anger me but forcing things instead of letting them be like this w/ my dog..
 
Lord Jesus, I lift up ManiaStar & her family and her beloved dog to you in prayer. Lord, You have called us to be "Peacemakers" and to walk in Love at all times. We know this is not always easy, as often times we are confronted with things all throughout life that would attempt to rob us of our peace. I pray Lord that you would bring the spirit of Unity within this home. You word says where there is unity, there is peace. Lord bring a peace into ManiaStar's home, & guide her steps in every moment of each day with you Grace & Wisdom & Peace. May each family member learn to be gracious & understanding towards one another. I pray also Lord that you would bring rest to Maniastar, physically & spiritually, and may this family learn to have healthier communication with one another & enjoy the true spirit of unity & love within their home... In Jesus name...