My daily juices

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi all...
I thought I would make this thread hoping to encourage those who are interested in juicing for health reasons , like detoxing the body , giving your organs a rest , or looking to lose some extra pounds that we want shifting...

I am type 2 diabetic , and have been for the past six years , and I have gone from eating junk food to plant based eating thrown in with junk food in my eating plan , now after years of crying because I have failed so many times , I have been led by a brother on CC who has kindly led me on a strict eating plan through Gods leading , and I have to say for the first time in six years living with this chronic disease , my blood sugar levels are dropping , and I have lost 8lbs , all the glory to God most high...

I eat one main meal a day , usually at 5.30pm , and eat nothing after 6.pm , my night time snacking was a big downfall for me...
I wake up normally 6.30am and drink raw ginger & Tumeric root ( using my juicer ) followed by a green juice of veg...

I am on a journey to get this diabetes into remission , so I thought if I make this thread , it will help me also to keep track of my journey and share with you my juices and ingredients ...

Yesterday , I prayed nearly all morning before I saw my doctor , I never know which doctor I am about to see , but I sure did need someone who was going to help me , and not tell me the usual that I will need meds all my life , and scare me with the horrors towards the grave , and God so blessed me with a lovely young doctor who said " keep on keeping on " and was full of encouragement...

Well here is my juice for mid morning , watermelon with some fresh strawberries that I put into a mold and froze... WP_20190605_10_25_54_Pro_LI (2).jpg WP_20190605_10_28_17_Pro_LI.jpg

G

Godsgirl83

Rosemary,
I'll say it again: I LOVE your pictures! Better than any I've ever seen in cookbooks and blogs (and I have quite the collection of cook books)
I'm so glad you were blessed with an understanding encouraging Dr!

I am always so encouraged reading what you share with us! I haven't reached my dietary change goals YET, but have made some small improvements. It really does help having someone as an "accountability partner" even when that someone is through a screen, lol;);).

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I love watermelon season, and this one you picture looks as perfect as G-d can make them! So very ripe, right to the very thin rind. Keep going, it's worth it!
As a dad and a grandpa of girls I am very proud of you!

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I love watermelon season, and this one you picture looks as perfect as G-d can make them! So very ripe, right to the very thin rind. Keep going, it's worth it!
As a dad and a grandpa of girls I am very proud of you!
WOW...Thank you so much for your lovely comment , God bless you sir...xox...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
You are worth it, whether you be daughter, granddaughter, or sister in Christ.
blessings

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Good morning from cloudy England...
This is my morning juice...
One small clove of garlic , handful of green grapes , dark cabbage , romaine lettuce , snap green peas , red apple & a tsp of spirulina...

WP_20190606_10_26_12_Pro_LI (2).jpg

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Apparently jackfruit is good for diabetes. It lowers blood sugar levels.
My sister adds fresh mint leaves to water melon juice and ice cubes. It tastes beautiful, very refreshing.

G

Godsgirl83

Apparently jackfruit is good for diabetes. It lowers blood sugar levels.
My sister adds fresh mint leaves to water melon juice and ice cubes. It tastes beautiful, very refreshing.
ohh watermelon with mint. that sounds yummy! I've never tried jack-fruit. I think my son pointed it out a few weeks ago at the store, and was asking what it was. He wanted to try it. I'll have to go back and get one.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Afternoon juice...Good for the liver...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
wow, a red juice and you even have a red bladed Swiss knife,i'm sure that isn't required for slicing up red stuff for the morning juice.
They both should and look great, healthy, and "fruitful" to the body. How do you decide which you "need" for the day He is directing you to, to be His Hands and Feet?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
wow, a red juice and you even have a red bladed Swiss knife,i'm sure that isn't required for slicing up red stuff for the morning juice.
They both should and look great, healthy, and "fruitful" to the body. How do you decide which you "need" for the day He is directing you to, to be His Hands and Feet?
It goes by what my body is looking for I guess...
I know my body needs the fruit , so I use some veg with the fruit and have that at mid noon , and because I am only eating one meal a day , my other juices are all green with lemon/ginger/lime added...

Tonight for my meal , I am going to be making a cauliflower/butternut squash soup with crushed garlic/leek and turmeric , it will be my first time making it...While juicing I have come to realise that my body also needs hot food , so tonight Ii will attempt my soup...

There is no way I could be doing this if it was not for the grace of God , He is my support all the way...In the 6 years I have been diabetic , I have never done anything like this , and He has also sent me help from a Christian brother on CC who has interest and helping me on this journey ...xox...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Turmeric with black pepper increases the absorption of the circumin 2000% , has to do with piperine in the black pepper.

G

Godsgirl83

Tonight for my meal , I am going to be making a cauliflower/butternut squash soup with crushed garlic/leek and turmeric , it will be my first time making it...
That sounds soooooo good!

He has also sent me help from a Christian brother on CC
I think I remembering reading some of the post between you two when I first started, it was one thing that got me to thinking about these things again. I'm going to go back and look for them again when I have a little more time.

G

Godsgirl83

Turmeric with black pepper increases the absorption of the circumin 2000% , has to do with piperine in the black pepper.
My husband likes black pepper in his cottage cheese. I tried it once, it wasn't bad. Then I added some turmeric with it, just a little pinch, lol it tasted like eating taco meat with cottage cheese! lol it wasnt bad, just different.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
hmm.. I used to use a little black pepper with cottage cheese, haven't done it for a while, thank you for the reminder. I like cottage cheese, just got another 16 oz. yesterday.
Locally we have a dairy that makes a CC with fresh veggies in it, I like to get the dehydrated veggies for veggie soup at the local coop and add it to CC, leave it over night to absorb liquid and soften and I like it a lot. Will try the Turmeric, I like taco meat! ha!

My sinful pleasure is blue cheese, I add some blue cheese to some cottage cheese, beat it into submission, and then enjoy it with chips i'm not suppose to have at all....i'm such a sinner!
blessings

G

Godsgirl83

Will try the Turmeric, I like taco meat! ha!
wait ...WAIT ....WAIT!!!!!!
I was wrong:( it wasn't turmeric.... it was cumin I used that made it taste like taco meat.

G

Godsgirl83

hmm.. I used to use a little black pepper with cottage cheese, haven't done it for a while, thank you for the reminder. I like cottage cheese, just got another 16 oz. yesterday.
Locally we have a dairy that makes a CC with fresh veggies in it, I like to get the dehydrated veggies for veggie soup at the local coop and add it to CC, leave it over night to absorb liquid and soften and I like it a lot. Will try the Turmeric, I like taco meat! ha!

My sinful pleasure is blue cheese, I add some blue cheese to some cottage cheese, beat it into submission, and then enjoy it with chips i'm not suppose to have at all....i'm such a sinner!
blessings
Haha! Had me making all sorts of noises and faces reading this!
cottage cheese, veggies, veggie soup
blue cheese:sick: didn't like it when I tried it a decade ago, but have been thinking of trying it again:unsure:
beat it into submission::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: can picture this

enjoy it with chips i'm not suppose to have at all....i'm such a sinner!:devilish:

but you have been saved by grace....... (see Ephesians 2:8)
Anyway had a good laugh with this, which I needed today, Thanks!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
the mixing of the blue cheese and cc is very similar to the video!
I like blue cheese flavor, and the thought of eating something that has stuff in it that grows in the dark (penicillin mold) is appealing to a guy.
Pineapple is agreeable in Cottage cheese as well.
Bon Appetit!

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Dinner tonight...
Homemade soup made with garlic cloves / coconut oil / onions / turmeric / butternut squash / sweet potato / cauliflower / 2 cups of water / 1 veggie stock pot...
Blended down with a tall hand blender , made enough to freeze...
Our bodies when juicing in the day can sometimes feel cold , so it is important to have a hot meal every evening...