My Day today

  • Thread starter Thread starter Faeriecat
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

Faeriecat

Guest
This story actually started last Sunday at the evening church service. I panic in crowds, so after church service I sit in the seats until the lobby clears out some.


So I'm sitting there reflecting on the guest speaker's topic, when this stranger came up sat down next to me and we started chatting. Today I drove out to her farm to meet her and her husband.


They are an older, retired couple, and their passion is working with grieving children. She's started a non profit organization to help grieving and differently abled children through the use of animals, primarily horses. Nothing like a pony mane to cry into sometimes, I've done it many a time. :) And that's where her skills are, kids and horses. The poor lady was overwhelmed with the internet stuff and some other things, mostly organizational related.


I can organize like noone's business and can develop her web presence for her.


So we chatted for a few hours about her project, I met the ponies (and made buddies with one little cutie), and just life in general.

I'm hoping we can get an organizational meeting together soon, her and the board for this non profit and myself. And maybe another lady I know, she may be able to do the fund raising necessary for such a project.


Its feeling like this is what I am supposed to be doing at this point in time, with the skills I do have, to help this lady help those grieving children.

So ... I'm feeling pretty good :)

Though, note to self: If meeting a quiet older retired couple, remember to mute the ring tones on your cell phone. Especially if the phone call ring tone is the chorus for Skillet's Monster ... OOOOPS!
 
Last edited:
Isn't it wonderful how God works just when we need it!!! And He knows exactly what will solve our problems! What a heartwarming story, Faeriecat! Thank you for sharing it!

PS I love cats too! May God bless your new ministry!
 
Thank you BillieLL :)

I'll post more as it goes along and we get this thing going. I'm working on web page mock ups right now for the board's approval.

Have a blessed day!

PS: Yeah, my cats are my furry breathing teddybears.
 
You never know how God can use in his work. GOD BLESS