My depression and schizophrenia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
She has misspelled "Holy" in nearly every post she's made. One typo I get, but consistently? Not buying it..

I didn't know all that...:(

(That still doesn't mean anything definitive about the OP's situation though.)

Lol at the misspelling of Holy Spirit though. I noticed that much. One time I saw a group on Facebook that misspelled Holy Spirit as "Hopy Spirit"! XD I mean, I know the L and the P are close on the keyboard, but a little spellcheck never hurt anyone ya know...:p

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'm not judging her at all for her grammar. :) But if you're gonna make a claim to talk to the Holy Spirit, then you better make sure you consistently spell his name right..lol.. Or no one will take you seriously. They'll just wonder who the Holly Spirit is..

She has quite a few spelling errors. You judge someone by their grammar? I really do like you blue but sometimes you can be a bit harsh. But then again so can I so maybe we can both simmer down a bit :)

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
That's ridiculous. He has schizophrenia. And it's NOT caused by demons. He needs meds and God, not deliverance from demons. :/

There'll always be someone on here or even off here that thinks mental illness is demon possession. I've learned not to let their opinions get to me. I can see if someone doesn't understand. Not everyone does. But it's sad when someone chooses to be ignorant. If someone wants to use the demon card, it's her/his choice.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2015
I'm not judging her at all for her grammar. :) But if you're gonna make a claim to talk to the Holy Spirit, then you better make sure you consistently spell his name right..lol.. Or no one will take you seriously. They'll just wonder who the Holly Spirit is..

Enough is enough; I'M TELLIN! CC member HisHolly, they talkin bout you!! :p

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
LOL.. I keep thinking HisHolly left.. but it was HoneyDew who left.. :(
I am sorry to hear that :(

Also, two of the gospels has John the Baptist testifying
to Jesus baptising with the Holy Spirit and with fire :D

PS~ Jesus never used meds to heal others... unless you count spittle and dirt :D

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
He didn't need to use meds to heal, because he was here on earth and could heal people himself. But since he's not here physically now, I believe he uses doctors and meds to heal us. Along with his own healing, of course.. :)

I am sorry to hear that :(

Also, two of the gospels has John the Baptist testifying
to Jesus baptising with the Holy Spirit and with fire :D

PS~ Jesus never used meds to heal others... unless you count spittle and dirt :D

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Mud poultices actually do work on infections, depending on what herbs you mix it with and what it's for. And animal spit has healing properties. That's why you see dogs and cats licking their wounds and sores. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Mud poultices actually do work on infections, depending on what herbs you mix it with and what it's for. And animal spit has healing properties. That's why you see dogs and cats licking their wounds and sores. :)
Jesus healed deafness and blindness that way... the one person could hardly talk, as well. Saliva was believed to have fairly immense healing powers, and Jesus using it may have simply been a show of intention to heal. I believe that certainly He could have healed others without it. I very much doubt that dogs and cats heal blindness and deafness with their saliva :D

One thing I think people often overlook is how our understanding of disease has changed. I am quite comfortable with the idea of demonic possession or influence being something genetic or an aberration of the natural health of the body.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I didn't say dog and cats can heal blindness and deafness.. lol.. I said their SPIT has healing properties, like if it's topically applied to a wound or infected area. Like they do with maggots, putting them on dead flesh so that the healthy flesh comes back.. :)

Jesus healed deafness and blindness that way... the one person could hardly talk, as well. Saliva was believed to have fairly immense healing powers, and Jesus using it may have simply been a show of intention to heal. I believe that certainly He could have healed others without it. I very much doubt that dogs and cats heal blindness and deafness with their saliva :D

One thing I think people often overlook is how our understanding of disease has changed. I am quite comfortable with the idea of demonic possession or influence being something genetic or an aberration of the natural health of the body.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Now I don't understand your comment. How can demon possession be genetic? :confused: That's scary.. :/

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I didn't say dog and cats can heal blindness and deafness.. lol.. I said their SPIT has healing properties, like if it's topically applied to a wound or infected area. Like they do with maggots, putting them on dead flesh so that the healthy flesh comes back.. :)
I didn't say you did say that... I was simply clarifying that though their saliva may help heal certain conditions of the skin for instance, it would not heal blindness or deafness as Jesus did with aliva, and even at that, I think we both believe Jesus did not even need to use saliva or dirt to assist in the healing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Now I don't understand your comment. How can demon possession be genetic? :confused: That's scary.. :/
It is hard to describe but has everything to do with how the spiritual intersects with the physical and the imbalances that can happen. Two thousand years ago, a mentally deranged person was considered demon possession and Jesus cast the demons out, restoring the person to health, while today we call it schizophrenia and throw drugs at it hoping to find the right combinations and amounts to bring the disease to a manageable state.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
[video=youtube;f6CILJA110Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6CILJA110Y[/video]

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
[video=youtube;mYD7Y9CXeUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYD7Y9CXeUw[/video]

D

Dinny

This hits so close to home; I can't even tell you. I have been going through so much. The Lord has been faithful and held me tightly. I am on meds for depression and anxiety. Right now they are not working well. I go to doctors tomorrow, so, any prayer would be welcome. I agree that there can be demonic and non demonic mental illness. I also know that the devil would love to have people harm themselves by whispering ugly things. Having said that I have a friend going through some serious depression. I think that maybe my own depression (what Satan meant for bad) is being used to reach out to this girl and let her know she is not alone. Everyone has feelings of insecurity from time to time. A person with depression has them all the time. That's why medicines can work.
Anyway, I prayed for her then I told her, ". Just know that they are feelings, not reality. God loves you so much. You are special and you have a purpose for your life. Hugs and thinking, praying for you. (((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))

The funny thing is that it helped me. I read it and reread it and knew it was true. God is so merciful. I hope this can help someone else.

You are not alone. Don't go this alone. Reach out to the Lord. Ask him for his help. This can include medicine. Some other helps for me: Prayer, talking with friends, asking for prayer, helping someone else, listening to uplifting music, read your bible. Show Jesus' love to others and to yourself.

Love in Christ,

Dinny

D

Dinny

Thank you for sharing. I can't relate to the Schizophrenia, but I can relate to the mental illness. May God bless you.

student

Jul 20, 2010
NIcee... Sin is the basis for schizophrenia...usually. I know. I was diagnosed several years ago. I don't "HAVE" schizophrenia. We don't "HAVE" illness. It's from Satan.

So.."THE" schizophrenia you're being diagnosed with doesn't belong to you...don't claim it. #1. Second - talk about any sin you may have in your life. As long as you hide it, Satan can use it against you and make you suffer.

30 years + with the disease, I've learned to battle the devil. I"m winning. Don't let it go so long. Fight him. With the Word, with God. With the name of Jesus. If you hear a command, test it. If it's a lie, call on the name of Jesus. If you are uncertain, call on the name of Jesus. He won't mind. He doesn't put confusion on anyone and GOd is not the author of disease and sickness.

If you need more help, contact me privately if you'd like. "God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a SOUND MIND". He loves you. He would not do this To you. Beloved child, I"m here to help if you'd like. -student

student

Jul 20, 2010
Something else, friend...Satan works like a lion...he chases the herd, but picks the weak one that falls behind the herd to attack. You don't have to be alone with this. EVER. Remember that! God loves you. And does not EVER wish for you to feel like you're separated from the 'pack'...you're Christian family. I'm a member of that family. Love -student

student

Jul 20, 2010
I've just read the postings in the battle that is going on here. Demons still attack people...but it's most often through and open door called "Sin". There are on occasion conspiracies...it does happen. Satan is still working at destroying Christians and wanna-be Christians. He works to "steal, kill and destroy". Meds help, yes, sleep is important, yes. What has worked best for me though is to be in the Word and know God loves me in my heart. The meds never ever shut off the voices in my head. The meds didn't stop the hallucinations. The WORD did. God did. Trusting God did that. God is alive and fighting for me. With me. I will not believe any disease is the 'norm'. We ARE healed by his stripes...Isaiah 51. He had, I believe 13 stripes? I don't remember the number right now. There are 13? categories of diseases. By each stripe, a disease was healed for us. Believing it won't save you from illness. Speaking wellness into your life is the means TO wellness and health in your life. God SPOKE the world into creation and SAID, "It is Good". He didn't act upon it. It didn't come to be in the form of a medication. Yes, God heals through doctors, but He is Omnipotent and heals many ways. Don't limit him to one method of healing. Faith in God can help us have faith in doctors. The healing comes. Trust that those doctors are trustworthy?...that takes time. Just remember...nicee...you are not alone. Love always -student