My faith wavers because of hell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ifeellike

Mar 1, 2019
My faith always wavers because something wont stop hitting me on the head is imagining my father and my grandparents roasting in hell in burning sulfur for all of eternity. And i gotta be honest, it makes me angry with God sometimes, it makes me unbelievably angry to the point where sometimes i want to dismiss the Christian faith altogether. You know i'll be reading the bible, praying, listening to gospel and everything and then in the back of my head i picture my dad screaming in agony in the flames of hell and my grandparents both in hell. And then i wanna shake my fist at God and say HAVE MERCY! Stop hurting my family!

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
My faith always wavers because something wont stop hitting me on the head is imagining my father and my grandparents roasting in hell in burning sulfur for all of eternity. And i gotta be honest, it makes me angry with God sometimes, it makes me unbelievably angry to the point where sometimes i want to dismiss the Christian faith altogether. You know i'll be reading the bible, praying, listening to gospel and everything and then in the back of my head i picture my dad screaming in agony in the flames of hell and my grandparents both in hell. And then i wanna shake my fist at God and say HAVE MERCY! Stop hurting my family!
I have 3 questions for you: (1) Why do you consign your family to Hell?
(2) What if it could be demonstrated to you that your concept of Hell is unbiblical and morally monstrous, whereas the real Hell can be understood as God's justice for those who, for whatever reason, turn their back on God?
(3) How much internet research have you done on Hell?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I too have a couple questions for you:

Do you believe Jesus loves you?

Do you believe Jesus loved your Father and Grandparents?

Do you believe Jesus did all He could do to prove to you and your family that He loved them?

Who rejected who?

K

KnowMe

All that because of a imagination, hmm.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Second death hasn't occurred yet btw.

I would submit that as you are not God and do not know their destination, it is unwise to shake your fist at God for torturing your loved ones when you have no evidence that this has occurred or is occurring. Unwise for your own peace of mind. None of us really knows what eternal judgement really looks like. It's not a brute force scare tactic...

I would further submit that this is just a ploy. This image in your mind that is...Personally, I feel like this concept can be warped by lies relatively easily.

Trust that I've spent many a night in agony and terror about the concept. I believe in the wrath of the Lord, however I don't believe that he is a capricious overlord with a magnifying glass on an anthill. Ask him, start with relationship not the endgame.

I do feel you on wanting to be angry at the Lord.

Seek and you will find.

I will say that two scriptures came to my mind when typing this:

"Work out your OWN salvation with fear and trembling" Phillipians 2:12 (Focus on YOU and your walk, not what you cannot change)

and secondly this goes along with the first for me..."Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..." Prov 9:10

JOB got angry with the Lord, didn't curse him (which is kind of like giving a middle finger in a sense) but it's up to you whether he raised his fist or not.

The Lord can take questions and he can take soul searching. Bring it to him and see what happens.

Anyway peace be with you man. Would love to hear back from you.

Dec 12, 2013
You know.....a child of God sees things the way God sees things.....do you think he is unfair...??

a. Day unto day and night unto night utters speech not beyond any language

b. The invisible testifies of God and his power

c. Jesus would have all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth

d. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world

e. The gift is a free irrevocable gift of faith that JESUS BEGINS, FINISHES AND COMPLETES

f. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked

Listen....God is just and fair....if anyone you know is in hell it is not God's fault....he has done EVERYTHING but believe for you!!!!!!!!!!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Hi, ....Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I 'sense' , perhaps something in the past has
promoted an unhealthy emotional disorder. By oversight or otherwise, it is noticed in
your comment...a profound 'word' is omitted, only you know. Ones surroundings often
stimulates ones attitude and behavior. Lies, and deception will mess with ones stability,
causing untold reactions. What you perceive is not going to happen....not one shall know
precisely, what we don't know...worldly 'thinking' can be a hindrance to things of the spirit,
which is in another realm of a more comfortable way of life here in the now, and to cope
with things...unknown. I hope and pray you learn of a renewed mind to bring a peace
and deeper understanding of God in your life...be calm....all is well."
'Praise God'

Attachments

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
My first question is trust. The people we love but we do not know.
What appears functional and working, when all the inconsistencies are opened out can soon become chaff.
And if we are chaff, what use are we.

So often our interactions with individuals is with someone who is just getting by, but only just.
Facing God, the total author of everything, pure, Holy, consistent, loving destroys every selfish motive.
But if that is all one is, what is there left.

The lake of fire is a place of destruction, though for demons torment.
How this will work, is in the Lords hands and I trust Him.

My question would be how many who claim to know Jesus walk with Him in His ways today?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
No one currently is in the Eternal lake of Fire.. That happens after the final judgement.. But apart from that..

Why do you think your pairents and grand parents are in or destined to be cast into the eternal lake of fire?

K

KnowMe

Hmm, maybe he is mad at Christian site too now.

Mar 28, 2016
I would think God has designed families to represent a relation as his bride. . He would not hurt them. Lies are the reasons for undue pain .We suffer those pangs of living hell here on earth.

If Christians, then they are receiving rest from that work with Christ in us who gives us a living hope and making our burden lighter . If we are carrying the burden of a loved one remember our efforts might be burned up but the desire to do the will as a good work will not be forgotten.

In Hebrews 6 we are informed as the better thing that accompanies salvation, a God who does not forget to the good works we offer towards His name .His memory is perfect casting the wage of sin as far as east is from west. And like David said in the Psalms. When I awake you are still their .Today waiting for the last the wake up call. Rise

But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.Hebrew 6:9-10

The accuser of the brethren who accuses us day and night. It is now that he accepts our good works towards his name. Try and think good thoughts of fond memories . If or how we could know each other is a mystery .Don't let the father of lies rob you from the joy of memory. We are informed in the scriptures that when one does pass its universal Alzheimer's. In the new heavens and earth the former things will not be remembered or ever come to mind.

What a wonderful gift "memory". Just imagine that if a loved one died and our memory of them would a . Its a act of mercy .resist the c with truth

E

eternally-gratefull

Does God sent people to hell. Or do people send themselves to hell because they reject Gods provision?

ifeellike

Mar 1, 2019
I have 3 questions for you: (1) Why do you consign your family to Hell?
(2) What if it could be demonstrated to you that your concept of Hell is unbiblical and morally monstrous, whereas the real Hell can be understood as God's justice for those who, for whatever reason, turn their back on God?
(3) How much internet research have you done on Hell?
1) Because before my father was kind of agnostic i remember him at the dinner table saying "well we don't know if theres a God or not we can't tell" and when i asked him a couple days ago Dad do you believe in Jesus? All he said was "God". And then i said yeah do you believe that Jesus died for your sins? And he's like "i'm glad you believe in that." Like he's really weird on the subject for some reason it makes him uncomfortable, i said "but do you believe that Jesus died for your sins?" And he said "i believe in God i already told your mom years ago". He doesn't go to church or read the bible, i feel like he just says it so we can be happy, he hasn't been baptized. My grandparents go to church at least but they don't wanna get baptized for some reason. Like they have arguments about God and Jesus sometimes i feel like they just get annoyed when my mom talks about Jesus.

2) I mean i've read the bible and i see what it says, a lake of fire, eternal destruction, where their worm shall never die, everlasting punishment, contempt, torment, weeping and gnashing of teeth. My thing is what if they don't believe that Jesus died for their sins that they're not sincere or live a Godly life, like when i read the bible it makes it seem so hard, i know people say Once Saved Always Saved but when i read the bible theres all these different verses like "if its hard for the righteous to be saved, how much more for the ungodly and sinner". I just don't agree that we all deserve eternal torture in a lake of fire, I just don't. The fact that we're not perfect and we all sin i don't think justifies being in a lake of fire for all of eternity. I try to think you know i'm not morally superior to God but it just pisses me off cause we all apparently deserve to be placed in a lake of fire for just existing and being born, no one can live a perfect life because we're not God, so if you even tell one lie than you deserve to be placed in a burning sulphur lake of fire and torture for all eternity. I just don't agree and this is why i have doubts about Christianity and sometimes believe that it was used to brainwash the masses to be good because if they're not good then they're going to hell.

3) I do a lot of research on it and continue to do research on it.

ifeellike

Mar 1, 2019
I too have a couple questions for you:

Do you believe Jesus loves you?

Do you believe Jesus loved your Father and Grandparents?

Do you believe Jesus did all He could do to prove to you and your family that He loved them?

Who rejected who?
Yes i believe that Jesus loves me. Yes i believe that Jesus loves my father and my grandparents. Im not sure about the third one, im leaning towards yes. Okay lets say that they say that they accept that Jesus died for their sins but they don't read the bible or don't pray will they still make it to heaven? Also, if they don't get baptized will they still make it to heaven?

ifeellike

Mar 1, 2019
Second death hasn't occurred yet btw.

I would submit that as you are not God and do not know their destination, it is unwise to shake your fist at God for torturing your loved ones when you have no evidence that this has occurred or is occurring. Unwise for your own peace of mind. None of us really knows what eternal judgement really looks like. It's not a brute force scare tactic...

I would further submit that this is just a ploy. This image in your mind that is...Personally, I feel like this concept can be warped by lies relatively easily.

Trust that I've spent many a night in agony and terror about the concept. I believe in the wrath of the Lord, however I don't believe that he is a capricious overlord with a magnifying glass on an anthill. Ask him, start with relationship not the endgame.

I do feel you on wanting to be angry at the Lord.

Seek and you will find.

I will say that two scriptures came to my mind when typing this:

"Work out your OWN salvation with fear and trembling" Phillipians 2:12 (Focus on YOU and your walk, not what you cannot change)

and secondly this goes along with the first for me..."Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..." Prov 9:10

JOB got angry with the Lord, didn't curse him (which is kind of like giving a middle finger in a sense) but it's up to you whether he raised his fist or not.

The Lord can take questions and he can take soul searching. Bring it to him and see what happens.

Anyway peace be with you man. Would love to hear back from you.
Thanks.

ifeellike

Mar 1, 2019
"Hi, ....Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I 'sense' , perhaps something in the past has
promoted an unhealthy emotional disorder. By oversight or otherwise, it is noticed in
your comment...a profound 'word' is omitted, only you know. Ones surroundings often
stimulates ones attitude and behavior. Lies, and deception will mess with ones stability,
causing untold reactions. What you perceive is not going to happen....not one shall know
precisely, what we don't know...worldly 'thinking' can be a hindrance to things of the spirit,
which is in another realm of a more comfortable way of life here in the now, and to cope
with things...unknown. I hope and pray you learn of a renewed mind to bring a peace
and deeper understanding of God in your life...be calm....all is well."
'Praise God'
Thanks, i'm not sure what "word" that is omitted you're talking about. My life has been pretty dramatic recently i would agree.

ifeellike

Mar 1, 2019
My first question is trust. The people we love but we do not know.
What appears functional and working, when all the inconsistencies are opened out can soon become chaff.
And if we are chaff, what use are we.

So often our interactions with individuals is with someone who is just getting by, but only just.
Facing God, the total author of everything, pure, Holy, consistent, loving destroys every selfish motive.
But if that is all one is, what is there left.

The lake of fire is a place of destruction, though for demons torment.
How this will work, is in the Lords hands and I trust Him.

My question would be how many who claim to know Jesus walk with Him in His ways today?
To answer your question probably not a whole lot cause they love their lives and want to pursue all their pleasures and fun and stuff as do i. It's hard following Jesus and i know it's worth it, but in this generation and era there's so many distractions around and i just wanna have fun and sin which is bad.

ifeellike

Mar 1, 2019
No one currently is in the Eternal lake of Fire.. That happens after the final judgement.. But apart from that..

Why do you think your pairents and grand parents are in or destined to be cast into the eternal lake of fire?
Cause sometimes i suspect that they don't believe that Jesus died for their sins and they don't read the bible or have been baptized.