My faith...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

anchee25

Mar 13, 2019
So I’ve been brought up in a Christian home my whole life. I believe in God and I’ve accepted him as my saviour and everything, but lately I feel like I’ve become more distant from him and it genuinely upsets me. I don’t feel a sense of connection at church anymore and spend less and less time in prayer. I never want to doubt Gods existence and everything that he’s done, but sometimes I feel like if I can’t see it, it’s not there; I really hate thoughts like these because I never want to doubt him. I just want to know what I can do to change my stance in my faith and fix my relationship with God.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
James 4:8 (TLV)
Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Doubting leads to seeking.
Seeking leads to answers.
Answers lead to growth.
Doubt is not always a bad thing.

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
Hi sweetheart,

I just want to applaud you for wanting to be close to God and for not wanting to fall away! That's amazing and you're on the right track. Do you know if you've been born-again through the Holy Spirit of God? Have you experienced and do you still experience conviction of sin, and a desire to repent (turn away from it)? Would you say you've ever had a "knowing" that Jesus is in you, that He can hear you when you speak to Him/pray?

Some people, unknowingly, never get truly born again (especially if they grew up in a Christian household) so it's very important for you to ask yourself this question and seek the LORD to know the truth about your spiritual state. But please! Do not fear or worry... even if you haven't yet been born again, you can be born again when you truly surrender your life to Him and ask Him to give you His Holy Spirit.

One of the signs that someone is indwelt by the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues (but the absence of tongues doesn't mean someone isn't saved). I encourage you to talk to a pastor about your situation or a mature believer in Christ who can help you and guide you.

I'm also here to help you but as I wasn't raised in a fully Christian household, my experience is a little different.

Feb 25, 2020
Dear Belka, I’m not sure if you’re speaking to me, but yes I have received the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues and prophecy. I was also baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost which is Jesus Christ for the remission of my sins.