My family acts like a cult

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 12, 2021
A combination of the duggars and westboro baptist and flds is what my family reminds me of. Except they don't go to church, don't even read the bible, and are hermits. My mom has kept my sisters locked up since we were small, except for school or go shopping, forbidden to have any friends, our only purpose was to worship her and do as she says. She has instill fear that if anyone disobeys her you will get cancer, have a car accident, end up homeless, get rape or just suffer something terrible in life as God says honor your parents. All money being made is given to her (btw she has never worked in her life, I was the slave forced to work and provide for everyone) and she controls everyone and everything. All my sisters are adults but are manipulated by her because they have no life skills.

Thank God I left that cult. But they are after me by orders of my mom for leaving and angered that I have the freedom they will never have. I'm being stalked and followed and live in constant fear. I pray to God that he keeps them away, that he touches my mom's heart as she is the culprit of them. Just not sure if that will ever happen or it will happen soon. Is been decades now and I am starting to loose hope. How can I keep going like this? Is this a family curse? When will my sisters wake up?

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I pray to God that he keeps them away, that he touches my mom's heart as she is the culprit of them. Just not sure if that will ever happen or it will happen soon.
Sorry to hear this; I will also pray with you, remembering this, from God:

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we​
should pray for as we ought: but The Spirit Himself Maketh Intercession for​
us with groanings which cannot be uttered.​
And He That Searcheth the hearts Knoweth What is The Mind of The Spirit, because He Maketh Intercession for the saints According To The Will Of God.​
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,​
to them who are the called according to His Purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)​

More here: GRACE Word For our infirmities!

And, Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
A combination of the duggars and westboro baptist and flds is what my family reminds me of. Except they don't go to church, don't even read the bible, and are hermits. My mom has kept my sisters locked up since we were small, except for school or go shopping, forbidden to have any friends, our only purpose was to worship her and do as she says. She has instill fear that if anyone disobeys her you will get cancer, have a car accident, end up homeless, get rape or just suffer something terrible in life as God says honor your parents. All money being made is given to her (btw she has never worked in her life, I was the slave forced to work and provide for everyone) and she controls everyone and everything. All my sisters are adults but are manipulated by her because they have no life skills.

Thank God I left that cult. But they are after me by orders of my mom for leaving and angered that I have the freedom they will never have. I'm being stalked and followed and live in constant fear. I pray to God that he keeps them away, that he touches my mom's heart as she is the culprit of them. Just not sure if that will ever happen or it will happen soon. Is been decades now and I am starting to loose hope. How can I keep going like this? Is this a family curse? When will my sisters wake up?
I'm thinking that you need professional counseling.

Only the healthy can help the sick.

Then get financially stable. Even earn a surplus that you set aside over and above retirement savings. IOW lead a happy, full, well adjusted, and full life.

Then, and only then, you can begin to rescue your sisters.

May 24, 2023
Escape your evil mother by appealing to your father on the Earth, he is the man, she is the woman. Part of the big reason she is clearly evil, and not just a little evil, but highly evil, is she is like Jezebel taking authority from man. The good news here is your issue is common and can be solved pretty easily by just going to your father. Your father is the more authoratitive parents so without sinning at all you may ignore her and go to your father and appeal against her tyranny to him and he will show you the way, after all he knows what hell she is too and can help you in that regards. On top of this there is a blessing in turning your heart to your father, don't let your evil mother's lies about him dissuade you, unless the heart of the children turn to their fathers surely God will smite the Earth with a curse and this is the very last promise of the entire Old Testament, PRAISE JESUS!

Malachi 4:6
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021

Unbelievers only do the work of their father the devil to kill ,steal and destroy , So bombard your environment with people that encourage your pursuits ,believers that can not talk you out of your dream . . also don't be ignorant concerning this also ,Satan when it seems impossible to get access to the believer through transgressions and iniquities he tries resentment ,anger and bitterness . . Mercy and truth purges out all that .remain in love as you walk in dominion in Jesus name .Amen

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Am wondering where your dad is in this. Is she a widow?
Does your mum have a disability?

If not it does sound like, unforunately a horrible boss I know who tried to do the same thing in her workplace. But fortunately, I was fired before I was planning to leave anyway, so they werent going round stalking me. It was a bit stressful trying to tidy up loose ends but I needed to let go.

When you feeling persecuted, pray for your enemies and bless them. Sometimes binding and loosing prayers are helpful. You have crossed the Red sea and God has got you out of Egypt so be thankful and go live a life that honours Him.

Eventually your sisters will. hear about the wonderful things God is doing in your life (like Rahab did) and want to follow Jesus and be curious about your faith. This may take a while though but dont lose hope. Pray for a heart change as it seems like your mums heart has been hardened.

Jul 12, 2021
Am wondering where your dad is in this. Is she a widow?
Does your mum have a disability?

If not it does sound like, unforunately a horrible boss I know who tried to do the same thing in her workplace. But fortunately, I was fired before I was planning to leave anyway, so they werent going round stalking me. It was a bit stressful trying to tidy up loose ends but I needed to let go.

When you feeling persecuted, pray for your enemies and bless them. Sometimes binding and loosing prayers are helpful. You have crossed the Red sea and God has got you out of Egypt so be thankful and go live a life that honours Him.

Eventually your sisters will. hear about the wonderful things God is doing in your life (like Rahab did) and want to follow Jesus and be curious about your faith. This may take a while though but dont lose hope. Pray for a heart change as it seems like your mums heart has been hardened.
No father, grew up without him. I think she might have an diagnose mental illness. Thank you I continue to pray and fast but am not sure if I'm doing something wrong or when my prayers will be answer. Asking god for a miracle at this point.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023

I am terribly sorry to hear all of this.

I have been going through some horrific things with my own family for decades as well, and they pretty much reached their maximum level over the last two days. In fact, that is why your thread title drew me in, but your situation seems even worse than mine.

I wish that I could give you some special formula to make things right, but it is really just a matter of casting this burden upon the Lord while asking him for wisdom and the strength to endure. His wisdom might be that you can do nothing but pray because we simply cannot change anybody's wills but our own.

I will definitely say a prayer for you myself.

Jul 12, 2021
I am terribly sorry to hear all of this.

I have been going through some horrific things with my own family for decades as well, and they pretty much reached their maximum level over the last two days. In fact, that is why your thread title drew me in, but your situation seems even worse than mine.

I wish that I could give you some special formula to make things right, but it is really just a matter of casting this burden upon the Lord while asking him for wisdom and the strength to endure. His wisdom might be that you can do nothing but pray because we simply cannot change anybody's wills but our own.

I will definitely say a prayer for you myself.
thank you, seems like you are still in contact with your family, have you thought of cutting them off? not sure if that is even possible, but I hope they there is still hope for them. I keep praying that god handles this for me because I have no fight left in me.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
How can I keep going like this? Is this a family curse? When will my sisters wake up?
I trust you are looking for a brutally honest response in order to actually resolve this mess. First of all forget about "family curses" and focus on what individuals do (or don't do). Sinners can be converted and change their lives overnight.

1. The absence of your father from this scenario means that he probably walked away from this situation a long time ago (or may have passed on). So you might as well leave him out of the picture.

2. Your mother essentially ran a criminal enterprise but was never reported to the powers that be. It is time to address this now.

3. I'm not sure if you are saved, but it seems that Christ was excluded from this family. Which means that you and your sisters need to make your relationship with Him your first priority.

4. Since you and your sisters are now adults, and you feel some responsibility for them, the first order of business is to meet with them in a way that your mother does not know about it. So a "secret" meeting is in order, and in this meeting you must bluntly ask your sisters if they wish to be free from their mother's evil control, and cut her off totally. If so then you all should get a serious restraining order to prevent her from approaching any of you or attacking anyone. This will probably become a police matter. And you will need to find (and fund) accommodations for all of you at least for a few months.

5. If you mother would go so far as to attempt harm or even murder on any of you, then at your secret meeting you all must decide to relocate as far away as possible, and not breathe a word to anyone. And then plan this relocation immediately.

6. The main issue is to totally cut yourselves off from your mother (evidently a rather evil person). Then your sisters have to start taking responsibility for themselves, since they cannot expect you to support them for more than a few months. Hopefully they have the good sense to not talk about anything to anyone. If you all move away to a great distance, chances are your mother will give up and deal with her own life.

As I said earlier, there is no point sugar coating this matter. You either wish to deal with this decisively, or whine and complain and do nothing. So now the next move is up to you, and the sooner the better.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
thank you, seems like you are still in contact with your family, have you thought of cutting them off? not sure if that is even possible, but I hope they there is still hope for them. I keep praying that god handles this for me because I have no fight left in me.
I have had very limited contact with my family for the last couple of years or so because I finally drew the proverbial line in the sand about two years ago. Things officially came to an end yesterday. I honestly believe that there is no hope for my family members because they have continually hardened themselves against God's strivings with them for years and years, and it seems to me that they have been given over to reprobate minds. Of course, I hope that I am mistaken in my assessment of them, and I still pray for them, but they literally hate both God and me with a passion.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
if nothing comes by speaking to your family members your mother sends after you then just move further away, out of reach! do mot leave your new address to anybody.

what hapens to you is similat ti a netflix series i saw some time ago it;s called animal kingdom, the same, a manupulative mother who control her children and mess up their minds. Needless to say it all ends badly in the show.

Blessings and I will pray things will improve for you.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

Change Your Name and move to a different State as far away you can.