My first post (Needing some Christian advice)

  • Thread starter Thread starter kmac91
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kmac91

Guest
Hello All,

I need some Christian advice on a situation I've found my self in. To explain - I go to a church with my mum, my dad, my brother and sister. It's great and I honestly love going, we all do. When I first started going (about 5/6 months ago) the pastor noticed me playing his guitar one day after the service and straight away asked me If id like to share a song at the Sunday night meeting. I was nervous but wanted to do it to praise god. After that night the paster started asking me more regularly to go up in worship along with the choir and a few others youth's who sang (but not just me). I loved it and I was becoming on fire for god!

(To try cut a long story short - fast forwards till now)

So after a while a few elder church members were so encouraging and said I was a blessing to the church - I gave the glory fully to God and kept my self humble, the pastor took me aside recently and said my voice was anointed (which I still find hard to believe) I'm the sort of person who loves singing for god even if i'm on my own in my room but hate hearing my self and cringe sometimes) he asked if I wanted to join the choir, I was happy but I told him id pray to god and ask him first and he seemed pleased with that response.

At the moment our paster is at a mission perching, and things have changed at the church - the worship leaders stopped asking me to sing, I've caught some people rowling their eyes even when I pic up my guitar (i play so quietly and just on my own at the back but I mingle and mix with everyone too) during our coffee breaks at the end of services and there's a massive youth meeting being held this week in our church and I was hoping to share a song but was told theirs enough singers and to try something else and we recently had a fellowship night with a good phew church singers and guitarist (some where my cousins) but not one of them would let me sing or play.

Before I sing I always pray alone and ask to be lead by the holy spirit...I ask for god to remove my nerves and for him to use me to help others, but right now I don't feel like im helping others i feel like i'm upsetting others and not pleasing anyone. I dont even know if im pleasing god :(

So now I find myself in a situation of what on earth do I do?? as sad as it sounds I'm starting to become unliked by a lot of the church members. I really don't want to sound or come across "big headed" or thinking myself something cause I really dont but I Love God and I think he has gave me a gift and I want to use it for him.

So what do I do??? Change churches, stop singing so much, stop singing at all untill Im asked, I dont want to talk to my pastor about it as I'd hate to come across petty, or unchristian like and tbh i sometimes just wanna let it go and accept it but something inside me just wants to worship - its like a smoker who just cant stop smoking - I cant stop praising god!

Thanks to all for hearing me out, this was my first post and its probably waaay to long so sorry. God Bless