My friend was asking me, what are the prerequisites to become a nun

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Meena

Jun 17, 2018
She was discussing with me today

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
My friend, monks and nuns in Christianity predate the origin of the Roman Catholic Church by almost 800 years. Christian monasticism first had its beginnings in the Egyptian deserts when certain believers found that they as individuals needed to live apart from society to keep themselves from becoming the man Jesus warned about in the parable of the sower: “...still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.” (Mark 4:18-19). It isn’t a life for everyone, but we all can learn lessons from their experiences.

As far as pre-requisites go, that would depend on the specific order.