My Frustration with Salvation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

I think this frustration was put on me, almost as soon as I got "saved".

The year was 1986, and I was just 6 years old. My dad explained to me about salvation. He just simply explained that we are all sinners on the way to hell. But there is a man by the name of Jesus who paid for our sins. He explained some other stuff too. But we don't need to go into that here. I've talked about it in other posts.

The basic idea of Salvation worked like this.
You admit that your sinner who needs a savor.
You tell God that you believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose again.
You ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins, and come into your heart. Which also means the holy spirit is supposed to come in too.

That all seems really simple. Until you got to start living out your Christian life. At that age there wasn't that much temptation. But as I grew up, things began to become more challenging. For example, I got a sex drive now.

Theology starts to take a hold. Do you believe in enteral security or conditional security. I was raised to believe in conditional security. That means if you sin and don't repent again, then you are back to being unsaved again. Or if you loose your faith, you are also back to being unsaved again. They don't typically believe that you instantly loose your salvation. You got to persist in the same sin for a x period of time, while resisting the holy spirit.

The problem I have is the fact that I can not seem to on top of my sins. So I started looking into eternal security. As I look at things, both views make some really points, and I got no idea who is right. Probably never will.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
People will not always be right...The Bible should be our only source of Truth, faith and practice.
The Bible doesn't state anything about eternal security.... But IT does state once you are born again you can't loose it ....it's seed that liveth and abideth forever.
1Pe 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

This is the promise from God ....not me or anybody else.
You do not have to walk in the precepts of the Word ...that is a renewed mind choice .....you rip yourself off from living a life on this earth of not claiming the abundant resources that God has made available ...but again, that's is a choice ....it doesn't alter your statis as a son of God.

May 14, 2022
who is born cannot sin

if he sins he dies

before to be born one needs to die

till here are some sins we are still in flesh

but can be marked for salvation by Holy Spirit through faith

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

The year was 1986, and I was just 6 years old. My dad explained to me about salvation. He just simply explained that we are all sinners on the way to hell. But there is a man by the name of Jesus who paid for our sins. He explained some other stuff too. But we don't need to go into that here. I've talked about it in other posts.

You ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins, and come into your heart. Which also means the holy spirit is supposed to come in too.

That all seems really simple. Until you got to start living out your Christian life. At that age there wasn't that much temptation. But as I grew up, things began to become more challenging. For example, I got a sex drive now.

Theology starts to take a hold. Do you believe in enteral security or conditional security. I was raised to believe in conditional security. That means if you sin and don't repent again, then you are back to being unsaved again. Or if you loose your faith, you are also back to being unsaved again. They don't typically believe that you instantly loose your salvation. You got to persist in the same sin for a x period of time, while resisting the holy spirit.

The problem I have is the fact that I can not seem to on top of my sins. So I started looking into eternal security. As I look at things, both views make some really points, and I got no idea who is right. Probably never will.
Theology never saved anyone. Truth will set you free. There is a place in the Christian life that is called "the knowledge of the truth." This is not instantaneous. I had a deep knowledge of the Bible fairly early in my Christian life. I would spend hours in study. But much of it was intellectual. When it came to experience, very often my circumstances would swamp me and I'd descend into worry and depression - the opposite of faith.

One day, it dawned on me that I really was a new creation, I really was dead to sin, that I really was forgiven, that Jesus really was my life, that I could trust Him with every aspect of my life because His will was the best for me - and much more. My life changed from that time on. I quit worrying so much. Problems that once overwhelmed me were nothing to me. Best of all, I quit bothering about myself. I'm dead, so what does my old life matter?

Satan's ploy is to cast doubt on God's word and integrity. He deceived Eve by calling God a liar. He tried to get Jesus to obey him by doubt and then bribery. "If you are the Son of God...." And Satan promised Jesus the kingdoms of the world. Lord Jesus knew that he would take the kingdoms of the world, but at the cost of His life. Satan offered the easy way out.

Spend as much time as you can with God, starting now. Get up early and give the first part of the day to Him. If you show God that you mean business, He will meet you and respond to your requests. What everyone needs is "eyes to see and ears to hear". We need the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation. God's word must get into our hearts, not just our minds.

Focus on your new birthright. So many Christians put off God's blessings until after they die. No, we need help right now, not in heaven. For example, this is a great song, full of truth. But the singers don't understand what it means. They defer it until after death. No, it is for the here and now. God will bring us to the fullness of salvation now, if we will let Him.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Seeking-Christ, we are commanded to examine and test ourselves to make sure that we are really and truly in Christ .. e.g. 2 Corinthians 13:5. If you find (or already know) that you are, truly a believer, that is, then I believe that you will persevere in the faith/in Christ (albeit imperfectly) until you die (just like the Bible tells us), because the very same One who saved you in the first place has promised that you will .. e.g. John 3:16, 5:24, 6:37-40, 44, 10:27-28; Philippians 1:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 5:13; Jude 24-25.

Do you know how to examine and test yourself to make sure that you are in Christ (IOW, do you know the things to look for, the things that accompany salvation and thereby demonstrate whether you truly are, or are not, in Christ)?

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - here is one of the tests as an example (you might also look at
Galatians 5:19-23).

Pink - Grieving Over Sin.jpg

S

Seeking-Christ

Hello @Seeking-Christ, we are commanded to examine and test ourselves to make sure that we are really and truly in Christ .. e.g. 2 Corinthians 13:5. If you find (or already know) that you are, truly a believer, that is, then I believe that you will persevere in the faith/in Christ (albeit imperfectly) until you die (just like the Bible tells us), because the very same One who saved you in the first place has promised that you will .. e.g. John 3:16, 5:24, 6:37-40, 44, 10:27-28; Philippians 1:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 5:13; Jude 24-25.

Do you know how to examine and test yourself to make sure that you are in Christ (IOW, do you know the things to look for, the things that accompany salvation and thereby demonstrate whether you truly are, or are not, in Christ)?

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - here is one of the tests as an example (you might also look at
Galatians 5:19-23).

Sounds complicated

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
It isn't really :) For instance, the fact that you are worried because you are still sinning is a good sign that you are who you claim to be (because worrying about sin is atypical for someone who is not saved, especially if the anxiety that you feel over it comes from your affection from God and your desire to continually please/honor/glorify Him in the here and now, instead of your anxiety simply being the result of the fear of Hell in the age to come).

You could ask your pastor for help if you think that you need it, and/or there are many here at CChat who would be willing to help you too, if that's what you'd prefer.

Just ask :)

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - I have a close friend at church who came to saving faith at age 7. He is a VERY devout believer and loves the Lord with all of his heart, but he told me that he had a rough go of it for awhile in his late teens/early 20's.

Psalm 119:9,11
How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word. Thy word I have treasured {hidden] in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee.

S

Seeking-Christ

It isn't really :) For instance, the fact that you are worried because you are still sinning is a good sign that you are who you claim to be (because worrying about sin is atypical for someone who is not saved, especially if the anxiety that you feel over it comes from your affection from God and your desire to continually please/honor/glorify Him in the here and now, instead of your anxiety simply being the result of the fear of Hell in the age to come).

You could ask your pastor for help if you think that you need it, and/or there are many here at CChat who would be willing to help you too, if that's what you'd prefer.

Just ask :)

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - I have a close friend at church who came to saving faith at age 7. He is a VERY devout believer and loves the Lord with all of his heart, but he told me that he had a rough go of it for awhile in his late teens/early 20's.
I think about hell all the time. Hell scares the hell out of me!

When you get saved at very very young age, it gives you a different perspective in comparison to someone that had lived a full life before coming to Jesus.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

There seems to be a couple of VITAL elements missing from the Gospel unto Salvation that you mention here.

Yes confessing you are a sinner in need of a Savior, and asking Jesus to save you is important.

But perhaps MORE important is to confess that He is Lord (God), and that He died to pay your sin debt AND believe In your heart that He rose again to life.

S

Seeking-Christ

There seems to be a couple of VITAL elements missing from the Gospel unto Salvation that you mention here.

Yes confessing you are a sinner in need of a Savior, and asking Jesus to save you is important.

But perhaps MORE important is to confess that He is Lord (God), and that He died to pay your sin debt AND believe In your heart that He rose again to life.
Since I never share the gospel with anyone, I probably miss parts. I just try to recall what I did when I was 6 years old.

Since my entire life has been too isolating that I couldn't share the gospel with anyone, even if I had the ability.