My Husband Filed 4 Divorce, I NEED PRAYER

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

s_lee

My husband decided to file for a divorce. He has a lawyer, he's moved out and I had to get a lawyer too in order to protect myself. He is in the Army and has served me before he will deploy in a few months. I do not want to lose him. I have begged, cried, and I have changed a lot of my ways. I know that I was selfish some times and I was focused on Grad school. But, I am done with school and I want to support him. I want to be here for him for when he deploys. I want my marriage to work. Every day it hurts that he is gone. He has come by the house to check up on me from time to time. We have had some great conversations, have been intimate, and have even spent time at the movies. We have gotten along better than ever before. He knows that I have radically changed in order to be a more supportive wife. In the past he didn't think I could handle the Army life and I couldn't. But, since I have been more involved volunteering and have done a 360 change. Not that I am an awful person, but I know that I didn't submit to him the way that I should have and our arguments were often times out of control. Even though everything has changed- we communicate more, we are intimate, we don't argue...He still has not changed hims mind and still wants the divorce!

I want him home, but his father has paid for the entire divorce and is giving him bad advise. His father doesn't like me and has encouraged my husband to go through with the divorce. My husband sees divorce so often in the military, I fear that he thinks it is normal. We don't have any kids either and I have wanted some so bad. We were supposed to start trying before this happened. I do not know what to do. I have contested the divorce and have not signed the papers. But it is a "no fault" divorce so I think it may go through regardless of what I do. I was told that it is hard to fight a "no fault" divorce in court. No matter how far along we are with lawyers and what not, I want him home and I want to save my marriage. I am living near him only because I want to save my marriage and I do not want to leave or move to another city to start all over again. He is currently living somewhere in town and will not even disclose where he is living. All of this has been so difficult, his heart is hardened and he is very logical. He is the type that is too logical for God. But, I still have prayed every second of the day for restoration and for God to protect my husband from the enemy and the negative influences around him that keep encouraging him to divorce me. I pray to Father God to help my husband to see me as a changed person and see me through God's eyes. I pray for trust to be restored in my marriage. There was no infidelity. There was just arguments over our career paths and a lot of stress from his job. So, I feel our marriage is worth saving and divorce is not the answer.

I know that the Lord gives us free will, so my husband is able to harden his heart and divorce me. He has that right. But, God has raised the dead and made the blind see. I can only pray that our Heavenly Father can resurrect my marriage from the dead and bring my husband back home to me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen-
S. Lee

Anyone that prays for me I thank you in advance. I could use prayer warriors out there. Please pray for us.

C

Coach

Sorry for your troubles, I will pray for you!

L

lot

My prayers are with you S_Lee...... I pray for your marriage to bond stronger....I really pray for your peace and I pray for your husband, I pray that God will touch his heart and that he will be willing to work at saving your marriang. I know it hurts.....been there-done that. Just know that when God closes one door....he DOES and will open another. Please stay strong.....and remember, God is in control.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will be praying for your marriage. God bless you

C

ChristianRock

s_lee,
Sometimes when we are in the mist of going through something it is difficult to remain focus on the blessings along the way. You keep mentioning how much you have changed to make your marriage work and to please your husband, I only wonder how much of yourself is left. God love you the whole of you. God knows who you are and who you are becoming in Him and He loves you very much. He knows your end from your beginning and He knows the plans He has for your life. Trust Him. Psalm 32:8 The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best path for your life. I will advise and watch over you." (New Living Translation)

It is wonderful to love and be in a loving relationship with someone who shares your dreams and life experiences; who accepts you for who you are and the person that you are aspiring to become; and who has sound reasoning, endurance, understanding, and patience. We should make sure that we have these things in that relationship and not the HOPE of having these things. Sometimes we stay or want to stay in relationships that are not good for us or are being ripped from us because we tell ourselves what the relationship could BE instead of what it really IS. Don't be afraid ask the Lord to help you to really look at your entire relationship with your spouse from beginning until this moment, and the Lord will allow you have all the answers you need. Psalms 34:17-18 The LORD hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. 18-The LORD is close to the brokenhearted: he rescues those who are crushed in spirit. (New Living Translation)

It is wonderful when a couple can overcome the struggle facing their relationship and remain together. God is able to provide us with the miracles we seek. He knows what is best for us and he knows in your heart you do not desire a divorce. God also gives us wisdom to keep us safe and to help us plan wisely. Do not forget wisdom in you plans for a future with or without your husband. Proverbs 3:13-18 --- 13 Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. 14 For wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold.
15 Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. 16 She offers you long life in her right hand, and riches and honor in her left. 17 She will guide you down delightful paths; all her ways are satisfying. 18 Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her; happy are those who hold her tightly. (New Living Translation) Please also read Proverbs chapters 4 and 8.

My prayer for you is this, I pray that the Lord God Almighty give you wisdom, strength, courage, and above all clarity to make or accept the decisions made concerning your marriage. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

S

shekaniah

I will pray for you...
In His Love, Shekaniah

Remember God's promise...

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

If you get back together...the marriage will be stronger.
If you don't...it was for the good according to His purpose and plan for you.

U

Ugly

I read about half your story, and its apparent you don't have a shred of self respect. You're saying that your husband has served you divorce papers, and you continue sleeping with him? And all this begging and changing to keep him. I can't help but wonder if thats not part of the problem. Especially if he's a military type.
Its like, when a single person becomes desperate to be married, it begins to show, and its a real turn off to others. And sounds like you're putting out the same vibe. I understand your desire to keep your marriage, but when you're willing to give up yourself and your identity to that marriage, or to keep it, thats when you take it too far.
Also, you indicated that your husband wasn't a Christian. The bible does state that if a non-Christian spouse desires to leave, then let him or her leave.
Lastly, your husband sounds like he has a controlling streak in him, and possibly an abusive streak. Many of the comments and attitudes he has towards you are identical to those i've seen in abusive men. If he's showing those signs now, that means they could worsen later, especially with a man who goes to war.