My journey through addiction, introduction

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadowwolg
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shadowwolg

Guest
Upfront, I say, I am responsible for my choices., no one else. I have chosen to indulge in this addiction, no one forced me,....However, there are some underlining factors that chose me, that I had no say in what was going on that prepared me for the choices I made... I am a survivor of child abuse, molestation for 3 i/2 years, porn was available to view, and as kids, we did, and i did experiment as a kid with older guys...having been in counseling, i have learned that i learned that love, intimacy was linked to sex. , for years, i knew that i couldn't say no, if a guy would pursue sex... so early on i chose not to date. i wanted to obey God and be pure...even though i didn't fall/give into temptation, until 2010... i often had thoughts of sex, it doesn't take long for me to make something dirty, and i was often worried if people knew what went on my head, would they still like me.... sooooo. 2010... the addiction part of my life's journey took a twist... here in the next several posts , i am going to try to write out my thoughts and what God has been doing to work through me to be a better me.