My Last Tear

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
In the distance a baby cries out in want.
On the path one strides quickly in fear.
A man in an alley is covered in boxes,
And I notice in my eye is a tear.

A crippled old man labors on by.
Boys pummel him with jeer after jeer.
They mock and taunt the elderly gent,
And I notice in my eye another tear.

The churches are empty, the prisons are full--
A situation unsettling and queen.
The elderly and youth are being destroyed,
And I notice down my face streams a tear.

How is it that darkness does so florish
And evil is so present and near?
Where has love and goodness been banished?
And my eyes shed tear after tear.

A time will come when no babies will cry,
When darkness will not evoke any fear.
A time when age and debilitation is gone.
The day God wipes away my last tear.

Jul 1, 2021
Loof- Ok I get to say that last i wint see ur other messages im logging out n stuff so, im last to say that scottish palm

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Loof- Ok I get to say that last i wint see ur other messages im logging out n stuff so, im last to say that scottish palm
Hey buddy. I always wish you the best. I'll be praying for you.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Your work is well done. There does indeed seem to be a part of us all that cries for something better, that is instinctively repulsed by wrong and remains deeply dissatisfied. The same emotions have expressed here by others.

C. S. Lewis explained something very important for me about this pain.

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Your work is well done. There does indeed seem to be a part of us all that cries for something better, that is instinctively repulsed by wrong and remains deeply dissatisfied. The same emotions have expressed here by others.

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
Love that quote

P

persistent

The churches are empty, the prisons are full--
A situation unsettling and queen.
The elderly and youth are being destroyed,
And I notice down my face streams a tear.
You may have a typo last letter of line 2

Just curious? Ever read Og Madino?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
You may have a typo last letter of line 2

Just curious? Ever read Og Madino?
Yes it should read queer and not queen and should be understood to mean odd.

And I am unfamiliar with the work you mention. What's it about?

P

persistent

Early on (2017) in my 'quest' for 'truth'. I would listen to and support minimally Melissa Scott and she would oft reference Lewis. I quit Scott and wonder about Lewis having little considered Christianity, Lewis apparently was not in my viewfinder. Is he worth the read? Is his work in line with scripture? I have a better discernment now that I finally accepted Jesus as Savior and question whether something Scott seemed to be enamored with as I was listening to her because in the past her husband I thought was honest in his preaching in that he would ask people to send him money so that he could buy a race horse. Which he claimed to have purchased and then he would ask for money to make bets on his horse. I was usually quite intoxicated in those days and cannot be certain that I heard him accurately as it was not something I was terribly attentive to and it was some time ago, 1988, possibly. So, 2017, when I started my 'quest', I started listening to Scott's widow, Melissa as it all made sense to me at the time and I had about 28yrs sober.

P

persistent

I was recommended to read Mandino when I first started AA in 1989. I read 'The Rag Picker', possibly title. Not sure now if he may be or leans toward Catholicism.
Mandino eventually became a successful writer and speaker. His works were inspired by the Bible and influenced by Napoleon Hill, W. Clement Stone, and Emmet Fox. He was inducted into the National Speakers Association Speaker Hall of Fame.[8]

Philosophy[edit]
Mandino's main philosophical message is that every person on earth is a miracle and should choose to direct their life with confidence and congruent to the laws that govern abundance. He claimed that all successful people take on their own lives by "charting" or consciously choosing both the desired destination and the path to reach it.

Writings[edit]
  • A Treasury of Success Unlimited (Editor, Hawthorn Books, 1966)
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World (Frederick Fell, 1968; includes The Ten Ancient Scrolls for Success. Re-branded as an illustrated children's book The Greatest Gift in the World, Frederick Fell, 1976)
  • U.S. in a Nutshell (Hawthorn, 1971)
  • Cycles: the Mysterious Forces that Trigger Events (E.R. Dewey with Mandino, Hawthorn, 1971)
  • The Greatest Secret In The World (Frederick Fell, 1972)
  • The Greatest Miracle In The World (Frederick Fell, 1975; includes The God Memorandum)
  • The Gift Of Acabar (with Buddy Kaye, Lippincott, 1978)
  • The Christ Commission (Lippincott, 1980; speculative fiction novel[9])
  • The Greatest Success In The World (Bantam, 1981)
  • Og Mandino's University of Success (Bantam, 1982; compilation of other works)
  • The Choice (Bantam, 1984)
  • Mission: Success! (Bantam, 1986)
  • The Greatest Salesman In The World Part II: The End Of The Story (Bantam, 1988)
  • A Better Way To Live (Bantam, 1990; Best-Seller[10])
  • The Return Of The Ragpicker (Bantam, 1992; includes For the Rest of My Life ..., "a powerful declaration of self-affirmation that one could read in six minutes or less" (from Greatest Mystery))
  • The Twelfth Angel (Ballantine, 1993)
  • The Spellbinder's Gift (Ballantine, 1994)
  • Secrets For Success And Happiness (Ballantine, 1995)
  • The Greatest Mystery in the World (Ballantine, 1997; includes Advice From Heaven: The Eight Rungs of Life's Ladder)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I was recommended to read Mandino when I first started AA in 1989. I read 'The Rag Picker', possibly title. Not sure now if he may be or leans toward Catholicism.
Mandino eventually became a successful writer and speaker. His works were inspired by the Bible and influenced by Napoleon Hill, W. Clement Stone, and Emmet Fox. He was inducted into the National Speakers Association Speaker Hall of Fame.[8]

Philosophy[edit]
Mandino's main philosophical message is that every person on earth is a miracle and should choose to direct their life with confidence and congruent to the laws that govern abundance. He claimed that all successful people take on their own lives by "charting" or consciously choosing both the desired destination and the path to reach it.

Writings[edit]
  • A Treasury of Success Unlimited (Editor, Hawthorn Books, 1966)
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World (Frederick Fell, 1968; includes The Ten Ancient Scrolls for Success. Re-branded as an illustrated children's book The Greatest Gift in the World, Frederick Fell, 1976)
  • U.S. in a Nutshell (Hawthorn, 1971)
  • Cycles: the Mysterious Forces that Trigger Events (E.R. Dewey with Mandino, Hawthorn, 1971)
  • The Greatest Secret In The World (Frederick Fell, 1972)
  • The Greatest Miracle In The World (Frederick Fell, 1975; includes The God Memorandum)
  • The Gift Of Acabar (with Buddy Kaye, Lippincott, 1978)
  • The Christ Commission (Lippincott, 1980; speculative fiction novel[9])
  • The Greatest Success In The World (Bantam, 1981)
  • Og Mandino's University of Success (Bantam, 1982; compilation of other works)
  • The Choice (Bantam, 1984)
  • Mission: Success! (Bantam, 1986)
  • The Greatest Salesman In The World Part II: The End Of The Story (Bantam, 1988)
  • A Better Way To Live (Bantam, 1990; Best-Seller[10])
  • The Return Of The Ragpicker (Bantam, 1992; includes For the Rest of My Life ..., "a powerful declaration of self-affirmation that one could read in six minutes or less" (from Greatest Mystery))
  • The Twelfth Angel (Ballantine, 1993)
  • The Spellbinder's Gift (Ballantine, 1994)
  • Secrets For Success And Happiness (Ballantine, 1995)
  • The Greatest Mystery in the World (Ballantine, 1997; includes Advice From Heaven: The Eight Rungs of Life's Ladder)
Thanks for the information

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I was recommended to read Mandino when I first started AA in 1989. I read 'The Rag Picker', possibly title.

The Greatest Miracle In The World (Frederick Fell, 1975; includes The God Memorandum)
The Return of the Ragpicker is a sequel to Og Mandino’s
classic bestseller The Greatest Miracle in the World :)

P

persistent

So understood even with 'obvious' typo. Spillcheck!!!!!