My mind is working against me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bentz

Nov 8, 2017
So after when i first said my sinners prayer i felt great and even though its not necessary completely started denying myself, quit listening to certain kinds of music and kept far from specific movies/videogames i enjoyed in the past. I even went to my local church every time for over a month now, and read my KJV almost every day just because i appreciated being saved.

I felt wonderful, secure.

Recently however i thought back, looked at my past with a more honest and careful view, and realized many more things ive done, which are absolutely horrendous; i dont even want to list them here. Ive broken every commandment, (murder and adultery in my mind) and worse.

Whenever i recently prayed or brought these things before God, It feels that my own mind is working against me and while i pray whispers things like "its already too late" or "yea just keep acting like youre sorry" into my head, completely disrupting me and almost turning me away from praying/believing just because i am so afraid of hell again.

I feel that i, rather than becoming more open to God, grow colder every time i try to pray now.

I can hardly sleep anymore, even just now woke up at about 3 in the morning because of it.

The Lord said whosoever, and i doubt anyone who is truly reprobate would even still care about God, but honestly i often tell myself that i am.

Jesus said that certain devils can only be cast out by fasting/prayer but even that does not seem to help.

What do you suggest i do? I cant just give up hope and i wanna be able to talk to God again, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ without my own mind telling me otherwise.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I suggest you really genuinely get the Holy Spirit
like they all did in the book of Acts with the Bible evidence
of speaking in tongues.
With God on the inside you will have the power to deny and
overcome your carnal self.

https://www.facebook.com/revivalfellowshipeurope

Your old self will always rebel against your desire to submit and
become obedient to the Gospel and to Jesus as your new Lord.

Bentz

Nov 8, 2017
Your old self will always rebel against your desire to submit and
become obedient to the Gospel and to Jesus as your new Lord.
Always? I thought we need complete trust and i worry every day that God strikes me down before i achieve it. I often identified with Peter who, when he was at his lowest denied Jesus. I genuinely smiled whenever i read "O ye of little faith" but now its much more serious. Im under constant attack.

This draws so much energy from me, i cant even sleep or work out anymore.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2015
I imagine if you begin thinking about how much more you have been saved from than many of the "righteous" people in the world, and thanking God for the rescue, things will soon begin to come back into perspective for you.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
So after when i first said my sinners prayer i felt great and even though its not necessary completely started denying myself, quit listening to certain kinds of music and kept far from specific movies/videogames i enjoyed in the past. I even went to my local church every time for over a month now, and read my KJV almost every day just because i appreciated being saved.

I felt wonderful, secure.

Recently however i thought back, looked at my past with a more honest and careful view, and realized many more things ive done, which are absolutely horrendous; i dont even want to list them here. Ive broken every commandment, (murder and adultery in my mind) and worse.

Whenever i recently prayed or brought these things before God, It feels that my own mind is working against me and while i pray whispers things like "its already too late" or "yea just keep acting like youre sorry" into my head, completely disrupting me and almost turning me away from praying/believing just because i am so afraid of hell again.

I feel that i, rather than becoming more open to God, grow colder every time i try to pray now.

I can hardly sleep anymore, even just now woke up at about 3 in the morning because of it.

The Lord said whosoever, and i doubt anyone who is truly reprobate would even still care about God, but honestly i often tell myself that i am.

Jesus said that certain devils can only be cast out by fasting/prayer but even that does not seem to help.

What do you suggest i do? I cant just give up hope and i wanna be able to talk to God again, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ without my own mind telling me otherwise.
You must Trust in the Words of God... You must trust that the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ has paid for all those sins of deeds and thoughts and you are washed clean by the blood of the LORD...

Never base your confidence in your salvation on your own feelings of worthiness or unworthiness.. It is based on what Jesus did for You.. it is about the worthiness of the Atonement of the perfect LORD Jesus Christ... In whom we can all Trust..

So know that the LORD has forgiven you of all those sins and that he will continue to keep forgiving you till the day you die if you continue to believe Jesus,, his teachings and trust in the atonement He secured for your Eternal salvation on the cross...

So focus on the righteousness and love of Jesus and not on your own worthiness because in truth NO man or woman has ever been worthy.. That's why we need Jesus to save us...

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Always?
This draws so much energy from me, i cant even sleep or work out anymore.
Because you cannot do it in your own strength.
it is spiritual warfare not arm wrestling.
Only the Holy Spirit can give you the strength and power to overcome
our weak flesh and the enemy.

40 And he came unto the disciples, and found them asleep,
and said unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing,
but the flesh is weak.
Matthew 26:

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Oh honey, that is just the evil one, trying to mix you up and mess you up, he is a horrible evil creature, that absolutely hates anyone and everyone that is created in the image of God. He does not want to loose you, and is speaking those things into your psyche, to bring you down. Do not let him. He is a defeated foe, 2000 years ago, on a hill called Mt Calvary, he was stripped of his power. Bind him and rebuke him, EVERYTIME A BAD THOUGHT APPEARS. He has no more authority over you, Jesus said "It is finished"..........over & done. I went thru this in 1985, the year I was saved. If you persevere , LET HIM KNOW YOU MEAN BUSINESS...... he will leave you alone, maybe not all of a sudden, but you will see a difference. He is like a spoiled child, trying to bully you around, STAND ON THE WORD........RUN TO IT AND YOU ARE SAFE. CONTINUE TO READ YOUR BIBLE, go to church, live right, and enjoy the fruits of your salvation. I read the back of the book, WE WIN!!

nsew

Jan 15, 2018
all scripture is inspired by holy spirit the word the blood of jesus christ now to us adam man brought death jesus died conquerd death to us this comes by revalation but to those who are pearshing it is but foolishness to us it is the basis of our heart it is in our heart that we belive not with our head it is with our mouth we coffesd not withour mind this rages war against jesus inside us as he jesus said i came in to the world but it new me not he also said dont be suprised if the the world does not recevie you jesus said it rejected me first so the mind wrestling with your soul it is not new it is jesus in us that wages war for it new him not the word renews our mind the mind still struggles to exsept the thing of god for gods ways are haigh

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
In the beginning the enemy makes u feel guilty towards the things the Holy Spirit shows u that u should bring beforenGod to be set free and forgiven. Its really hard when your newly saved but u can make it. Keep bringing your emotions and memories to God and u will start breaking habits aand cicles that u had and still partially have.
Jesus said come to me as ye are. Go to him. He also said come to me all who are weary and heavy laiden, i will give u rest.
Jesus can take all that heavyness if u commit it to him and reject it to be a part of you
God bless. U can pm me if u like if german is easier for you

nsew

Jan 15, 2018
fear not the word is there to refine us we must turst in god and not in creation it is all fallen short set apart none of creation is greater then its creator yet it grones to be set free from it fallen nature the holy spirit grones with sounds that cant be utterd or translated for in christ it was understood and the holy spirit witneesed these things our selvation is found in its fullness of god i belive confession and honesty as what you are doing is good u not alone in this journey so trust in christ whom god sent and belive what jesus said i must go for if i do not leave the holy spirit will not come and council how do we know his spirit love peace pationts kindness gentleness self control long suffring must endure but we hold on to these things we shell over come our inadcuases are of no strager to him for jesus died one and for all that strenthpower and glory be unto god were chritssitsat his side he was lifted haigher then even thee angels and now rains as ruler over all his father dealings for when jesus rose in the baptism the spirit stood a to witness god said this is my son who i am well plezed with for it grievd jesus but he would suffer so that many would come to know that he would bring many sons to bring glory excited to see what gods spirit will do not inany other spirit they are counterfeit