My name is Ed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ed57

Apr 18, 2021
I have not gone to church for many years. Why? ... Because I have had brain damage since childhood and I have been made to feel unworthy in the body of Christ due the mental struggles as a result of it. I have deliberately chosen NOT to condemn any other believer because I know not what's in their hearts...choosing to grow in Christ alone.
.which is NOT what the Lord desires for my life. Any help out there? Ed

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Hi Ed57, Welcome to CC (y) Just remember Christ treasures all his children, even when we ourselves sometimes don't show brotherly love.

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is 1 John 3:1-2).

It's good you have chosen not to condemn. We love those who not just love us but those who also are unkind. learning to forgive brings with it great joy.

Aldg19

May 11, 2021
Welcome to cc. Remember that we are his children and he loves us all the same but I pray that you will continue to know that he is a good good father to us his kids. Remember that your worth is find In Jesus and you are a son of the living God. You are a son of the kings of kings lords of lords. I’m glad that you joined this awesome community of people who all love each other who worship together and pray together. Remember that we all one big happy family in Christ Jesus. I have a Bible study every week or weekend or whenever I want to have it. https://www.gotquestions.org/perfect-love-casts-out-fear.html

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Welcome Ed57 It is rare that the Lord himself would give me a scripture for someone,but you yourself will bear witness to something you have always thought long and hard about. And now your answer!! ( Isaiah 41:9-13!!) "Others shall not judge you my Son I will!!"

May 8, 2021
Dear Ed,

Know that, when all have turned to condemn you, final judgement is God's alone for there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:1). I know not, why you were made to feel 'unworthy', but if it was due to sin, take care to be a repentant follower of Christ, that you may not be an unrepentant sinner in the congregation of the righteous in these last days. If it was not due to sin, find peace in God's love, for He calls you to Him, to love those who hurt you unrighteously.

Unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart and a humble mind (1 Pet 3:8) should be in the body of Christ. Be assured that when it is not, this is not pleasing to God. Neither is it pleasing if the congregation is indifferent to sin. Out of love, I ask, do you consider yourself open to reproof? ~ (See prov 15:32, 9:8) At times, we all need it and it is a part of church life :)

Truly, we must take care to pray for one another, providing truth with love. P
ray for your brothers and sisters with mercy if they do wrong to you, I will pray for your healing, and fellowship in a church that is pleasing to God.

Remember this beatitude, "blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy" ~Matthew 5:7 Keep holding this in your heart for, mercy triumphs over judgement. With these things in mind, return to your brethren. Yes, you are dearly loved in Christ.

Much, much, love and blessings,
~Bell ❤️

When the Lord is at your right hand, you shall not be moved.

Aldg19

May 11, 2021
Dear Ed,

Know that, when all have turned to condemn you, final judgement is God's alone for there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:1). I know not, why you were made to feel 'unworthy', but if it was due to sin, take care to be a repentant follower of Christ, that you may not be an unrepentant sinner in the congregation of the righteous in these last days. If it was not due to sin, find peace in God's love, for He calls you to Him, to love those who hurt you unrighteously.

Unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart and a humble mind (1 Pet 3:8) should be in the body of Christ. Be assured that when it is not, this is not pleasing to God. Neither is it pleasing if the congregation is indifferent to sin. Out of love, I ask, do you consider yourself open to reproof? ~ (See prov 15:32, 9:8) At times, we all need it and it is a part of church life :)

Truly, we must take care to pray for one another, providing truth with love. Pray for your brothers and sisters with mercy if they do wrong to you, I will pray for your healing, and fellowship in a church that is pleasing to God.

Remember this beatitude, "blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy" ~Matthew 5:7 Keep holding this in your heart for, mercy triumphs over judgement. With these things in mind, return to your brethren. Yes, you are dearly loved in Christ.

Much, much, love and blessings,
~Bell ❤️

When the Lord is at your right hand, you shall not be moved.
Oh my goodness it is so beautiful

Sep 2, 2018
California
I have not gone to church for many years. Why? ... Because I have had brain damage since childhood and I have been made to feel unworthy in the body of Christ due the mental struggles as a result of it. I have deliberately chosen NOT to condemn any other believer because I know not what's in their hearts...choosing to grow in Christ alone.
.which is NOT what the Lord desires for my life. Any help out there? Ed

My dear Ed. There are no words worthy enough to respond to the great challenge of your plight. As we get closer to Christ’s return, the evil one is deceiving us all and luring us into judgement. This exponential judgement becomes the new normal. How do we overcome this judgement, this attempt to make us feel unworthy. There is only one answer and in your situation it is a much greater challenge. We go to church to please Jesus; to honor Him alone, to worship Him alone, to show our great love for Him alone. When we encounter others while there, we remember that each person was created by our Almighty powerful God and He loves each and every one. We draw on the Holy Spirit to see beyond their sin and judgement. We thank our Lord and Savior for His saving grace and pray we may extend that grace to others.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and I'm glad the Lord brought you to CC:) You have a good attitude towards the baby Christians out there, we are told to 'love our neighbors as ourselves'. God bless you!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Any help out there? Ed
Sure there is, Ed. I love you very much. Many of us here do. Best of all, Jesus is here!

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Many of us here were orphans, but we found a friend in Jesus and a family in each other. A warm welcome to the CC family, brother Ed.:):coffee:

Sep 2, 2018
California
I would like to add, don’t give up. The Lord has wonderful blessings for all of us uniquely tailored for each of us. In faith, as we push ourselves beyond our comfort zone, I have found that the Lord will surprise me with this tremendous joy and blessing. The Lord has his people out there that are seeking to do His will so if I hoping that I might find Godly love, I need to be where there is most likely going to be Godly love, the church. Then through the Holy Spirit, the Lord has the power within this Godly person to draw this love toward me and me toward them in fellowship. Thus the Lord encourages us to seek fellowship.