My Native Side:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheWriter

My great aunt was 100% Cherokee, as my Grandmother on my dad's side full blooded as well.

Here the last year I have been embracing my heritage like never before. I love it, and I love the tribes. We are all one together, as we are all one together with everyone else, even nature.

Natives have a lot in common with each other. They love God, and Nature.

I have always called myself a Nature freak lol Mainly because I love to hike. I love everything about the outdoors. Even when it snows.

Below are some photos.

img_0250.jpg
My great aunt.

img_0280.jpg
Me when I was a baby ( i was a big one!)

img_0199.jpg
Fairly recent picture of me.

img_0071.jpg
A picture of me when I was writing my little novel back in 2009.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Both of my biological parents were mixed breeds from Browning (Blackfeet res.) MT. But I think this is Intended for the Bombay type of Indians. :love::LOL: I also did an internship at a program named Changing Spirits which was a residential recovery program for alcoholic/addicts. Our texts came from White Bison & Red Road. My late sponsor was Cherokee.
1578161273635.png

T

TheWriter

Both of my biological parents were mixed breeds from Browning (Blackfeet res.) MT. But I think this is Intended for the Bombay type of Indians. :love::LOL: I also did an internship at a program named Changing Spirits which was a residential recovery program for alcoholic/addicts. Our texts came from White Bison & Red Road. My late sponsor was Cherokee.
We need a section just for native americans then lol

T

TheWriter

A good friend said its like my great aunt could have gave birth to me we look alot alike she says

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Not a forum for NA but I was hoping to find a thread about the Cherokee at some point. My grandfather was supposedly 1/4 Cherokee...which doesn't make me much of anything as far as tribes are concerned, but I do feel an innate connection to Native Americans.

I can't quite explain it right now, but they seem to have a unique connection to the spiritual world that seem to make them receptive to the Lord in a different fashion.

T

TheWriter

Not a forum for NA but I was hoping to find a thread about the Cherokee at some point. My grandfather was supposedly 1/4 Cherokee...which doesn't make me much of anything as far as tribes are concerned, but I do feel an innate connection to Native Americans.

I can't quite explain it right now, but they seem to have a unique connection to the spiritual world that seem to make them receptive to the Lord in a different fashion.
Very true my friend, I love our ancestors. You are still part of the tribe regardless because of your families background.

So lets make this thread all about native americans 🙃

My dads mom was able to read people very well from her connection I enherited that.

Discernment is awesome to have!!

T

TheWriter

Very true my friend, I love our ancestors. You are still part of the tribe regardless because of your families background.

My dads mom was able to read people very well from her connection I enherited that.

How i mean part of a tribe is my very own the CC tribe 😁

Mii

Mar 23, 2019

Yeah I think it's something like natural discernment for some pretty esoteric stuff. Things that are recently coming out in films and new age doctrines but is hard to discern for most people.

I think discernment is something like physical ability though. Some people are built stronger than others, but even the most gifted athlete needs to practice or they will be overcome eventually.

So while I think you can naturally be aware through exposure through generations of things that few people ever are, I also think it presents a responsibility to point out the "fakes" that are being passed off as the Spirit to many just looking for experiences.

The Lord is deep but the way is narrow. For some reason I'm picturing an ocean trench, which I haven't ever pictured in relation to depth. There is a whole ocean and many deep places, MANY are out of bounds. I can't say why this is, or if this analogy is correct, except that it is clear there are aspects of the Lord we aren't allowed to know yet. I think certain areas will be "lighted" when faith becomes sight, but for now they are dark and we have no business being there unless sent.

So in essence, the mystical side I am familiar with, it's found me all my life. I'm super careful though and also impatient (strange mix ;) ) Mysticism isn't necessarily occultism but there is a VERY fine line in areas. There are certainly mysteries of the Lord and private revelation, but discernment is of course critical.

and yeah, the whole connection to the earth... I basically just ignore all that stuff as best I can, bearing it in mind with regard to stewardship.

Ex: skinning the buffalo and leaving it to rot vs using everything that can be utilized from the buffalo down to the marrow.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
My grandfather was supposedly 1/4 Cherokee...which doesn't make me much of anything as far as tribes are concerned
Not true. I believe the Cherokee tribes(some, at least) only require descendancy, so you might even be eligible for membership. Also. I think you'd need to have an ancestor on the Dawes Roll.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Not true. I believe the Cherokee tribes(some, at least) only require descendancy, so you might even be eligible for membership. Also. I think you'd need to have an ancestor on the Dawes Roll.
I may look into that, ty for the info. I saw your post earlier but I got a bit distracted by something. It'd would pretty neat to connect with some NA in person. My fire penchant might make a little more sense in certain circles. It definitely does in some pagan groups, but I refuse to believe the enemy has a monopoly on the spiritual side of fire. Fire was on the mountain of the Lord with Elijah, The Lord answered with fire, and of course Moses' experience. I guess a lot of why people don't like it is smoke maybe? Simple fix is a box fan or good burning technique ;)

Personally when it comes to speaking, there's something so cool about sitting around a fire and just resting in the Lord's presence vs having coffee or a phone call or (insert humdrum life activity). I did get to have a few worship services at a singles retreat in September, made me so happy to have something to stare at when my eyes were open other than the worship leader or other people.

The only natural visualizer I know of besides the waves and weather. The only one I can really "make" though that comes to mind.