My notes on the book of Esther

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

secularhermit

Banned
May 3, 2013
8,719
75
0
Yesterday I bought a new Bible . This version is easy to read, to beunderstood, and naively I asked God to direct me into something I have anythingto learn. I don't hear His voice (I wish) but at sort, shutting my eyes, Iopened my new book and Esther appeared. It was an act of faith, I wish myfingers were used ant taught, but this way started to read and these are someideas I got.This is anything I would call HISTORY. Inspired or not, I seetraditions rather than God's commands, and I see how the Purim feastcame to be as it is.This helped me to understand Persian culture. At certain points, itlooks like Jewish, but it is not the same (according to my few previousreadings on Jewish culture). If it were possible to live this Persian way, I don't mind thatchange of mind, because Christianism is Jewish, in many ways. But I will belike Mardoqueo, not worshiping any man. Here there is a foreignbackground mingled with the Jewish, abroad. I believed Nehemiah, and others (Nehemías 13: 25-30) were sad thattheir people chose to marry unbelievers, and Esther knew that king was todivorce Vasti, having previous marital intercourses with more virgingirls. The thing I would not like for my daughter, is allowing a man with severalwomen at hand (Ester 2:14-15). These notes are not exhaustive, but I haven't seen Jesuspartaking in the Purim (so I have to check this later on). It is a pity I haven't read, nor understood, all the written sourcesJewish and Catholic people had for their actual traditions; but I'm happy thatJesus came to make us to be one (John 11:51-52) and my concern isaimed to acknowledging God in His teachings. Esther is both, History and Jewish tradition and there, the bookitself, insists on telling me what this is and I'm thankful that this serves meto see Persians and Jewish people, as culture. Esther “married” a rich king for convenience, not love. Vastiwas right in avoiding her boastful husband (Esther 1:11) and she wasforced to be “divorced” (Esther 1:19) while that king -same way as David- had more women (Esther 2:14-15). If I were to compare today's Christianity, I see people unequallyyoked, same way Samson or king David (i.e., rich with poor,Christians with unbelievers). I don't expect my view acknowledged, but Irather like God's approval, because I have failed more than I thought itcould be possible for my human good intention (one divorce, and a couple offailures). The religious background could warn me that that king was anadulterer. He played “the showy” when being drunk, so he would not be thebest choice for my daughter, it I were the one to give her an advice (I don'tcare how rich he is). This reminded me 2 Kings 20:13, 15, 17. If I hadanything, I don't want to be like that man who swanked and got lost... As a man, I will not lie telling that Persian standards are badfor men. I wish both, men and women show respect for one another, so Iwould agree with the rule that king approved (I'm not too feminist). I likeMardoqueo's attitude and the end result. And that reminded me Joseph's accountand his hardships to be the second after the Egyptian Pharaoh, but I don't likethe predicament to marry my daughter with an unbeliever and, wealth is a greattemptation to avoid, as well as convenience. I don't find arguments for beauty. I married my ex because I thoughtshe was nice looking, but time has proved we both need more than oil treatmentsto remarry any. Ha! Ha! That fashion -for make up- won't make a little onpeople like me (Ha! Ha!) but I have an idea on Esther and the others (2:12). Ineed several years of intense beauty treatment! He! He!
 
I think you are forgetting some things as you read Ester. The Persians were dead men, they did not acknowledge God, they could not live eternally. The Jews not only knew of God and worshipped Him, but God gave them a job to do to tell the world about Him. We have the OT through them.

Haman planned on wiping the Jewish race out, and it seems his plan to do that would win. By looking at how the world works, he was winning. It was God's taking control that saved the Jews from this. The book isn't based on that Ester married without love. Ester gave her very life to save the Jewish people, she was open to be used by God for His work. She was willing to give up not only being married in the biblical sense for this, but her very life. The book of Ester is pointing out that when we know and worship God, we are on the winning side of life.

I hope you are teaching your daughter about marriage, and the part sex plays in that. God says the two shall become one. I had a marriage like that. Neither of us had had sex with any other before we married. We became one, and that was in everything we did. I was a housewife, but my job was backing up his work with food, taking care of the kids and house, etc. We did everything in partnership. When he died, I got married to a guy who knew nothing about either biblical sex or marriage. He never once treated me as a partner in any of his life, he used me. It was terrible.

I love your country, would love to see it.
 
Wow! you are right. I overlooked the plan of wiping the Jewish race. It fact, it is the satanic plan for human race...

Thanks for the insight!

I loved some Venezuelan people (and its soil) but no any longer: I often pray God to help me leave it (or bring me home)
 
The book of Esther is a beautiful story of how God works many times unseen for the love of his people. We like Esther, Mary and Ruth must give up all God asks of us. We may have to endure pain and difficult things but look what Yeshua / jesus endured for us. People may not understand and try to shame you but love them anyway.