J
JesusFreek
Guest
For this assignment we were supposed to pick a place that holds an impact on us and write about it so that others may feel the same things we do simply by reading the paragraph. Please respond as to how this makes you feel:
As I open its doors and hear their prominent CLACK! I reminisce on past years and the wonderful and nostalgic feeling this theater has always given me. Immediately to my left as I enter this frozen memory is the light booth, and up its short, muffled set of stairs directly to the right is the place of business where there is an air of authority and the harsh and bright lights force the strict atmosphere down your throat. Everything has its. place. This is the room of bad news and organization and frustration. A sigh of relief escapes me as I descend the stairs and leave this place. Walking down the dark-blue aisle, amongst a sea of dark-blue, hard-backed chairs, I feel as though this walkway never ends. I want to run to the stage, closer to my home, but slow I go so as to remember everything this theater represents to me. In the audience, it's awkward, out of place, out of belonging. You're outside looking in to the faces and life and stories up above you. The creaking stairs up to the stage feel smooth underfoot and up to this high ground where there are rules to be followed and directions to be ordered everyone holds their tired, worn-out breath in hopes no one will mess up. To either side of this stress party is my home. Only a thin line marks the difference between work and play, fear and joy, co-workers and family, on-stage and behind-the-scenes. This is where silenced jokes and long, forgotten memories are shared between friends who are family. History and tradition are behind these faded curtains, upon these hand-printed walls, across these worn and wooden floors. The tightness in my chest I experience from trying to remember everything at once doesn't go away until opening night when the lights go out and I can hear my fellow crew members' anticipation of what's to come and each and every one of us knows that this is what the theater is about. This excitement, this energy, this family, this love.
As I open its doors and hear their prominent CLACK! I reminisce on past years and the wonderful and nostalgic feeling this theater has always given me. Immediately to my left as I enter this frozen memory is the light booth, and up its short, muffled set of stairs directly to the right is the place of business where there is an air of authority and the harsh and bright lights force the strict atmosphere down your throat. Everything has its. place. This is the room of bad news and organization and frustration. A sigh of relief escapes me as I descend the stairs and leave this place. Walking down the dark-blue aisle, amongst a sea of dark-blue, hard-backed chairs, I feel as though this walkway never ends. I want to run to the stage, closer to my home, but slow I go so as to remember everything this theater represents to me. In the audience, it's awkward, out of place, out of belonging. You're outside looking in to the faces and life and stories up above you. The creaking stairs up to the stage feel smooth underfoot and up to this high ground where there are rules to be followed and directions to be ordered everyone holds their tired, worn-out breath in hopes no one will mess up. To either side of this stress party is my home. Only a thin line marks the difference between work and play, fear and joy, co-workers and family, on-stage and behind-the-scenes. This is where silenced jokes and long, forgotten memories are shared between friends who are family. History and tradition are behind these faded curtains, upon these hand-printed walls, across these worn and wooden floors. The tightness in my chest I experience from trying to remember everything at once doesn't go away until opening night when the lights go out and I can hear my fellow crew members' anticipation of what's to come and each and every one of us knows that this is what the theater is about. This excitement, this energy, this family, this love.