J
J-Kay-2
Guest
Psalm 27
[h=4][/h][SUP]1 [/SUP]The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
[SUP]2 [/SUP]When the wicked advance against me
to devour[SUP][a][/SUP] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Teach me your way, Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
[h=4][/h][SUP]1 [/SUP]The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
[SUP]2 [/SUP]When the wicked advance against me
to devour[SUP][a][/SUP] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Teach me your way, Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.