My Random Thoughts

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Elisabet

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2015
824
26
28
Okay, actually this is not a poem, but this is something that is more "dramatic" than the reality but in the other hand this is also something true. I was thinking about this a moment ago. What do you guys think about it?

I am a 14-year-old girl. Most of my friends want a life like me. They said that they see me as a multi-talented girl who can do maths easily, play piano well, don't have to struggle to get good marks. They think that my life is so perfect.

But deep down, i know that my life is not as simple as that. I am not a girl with a perfect lifestyle, instead i am just an ordinary teenage girl dealing with depression and self harm, high demand from my family and friends, and insecurity.

But then i realize that that doesn't only happen to me. In fact, i guess everyone has a dark side. Even the most perfect and rich person in the world sometimes have to laugh eventhough he/she is dying inside. Even the most popular celebrities have to fake a smile in front of the fans and pretend that everything is okay. In conclusion, dark side is a thing that everyone has to cope with. It is inseparable from our lives, even after being a child of God.

But then again, we can always choose how to react to the dark side. We can surrender and let it destroy ourselves, or we can struggle no matter what the final result is, because in fact, it's God's will and it's the best thing for us. Fighting dark side is like a war. You may win or you may die fighting, but there is no choice for you to run away before you get into the war.

You can win, which is a good thing, but unfortunately there must be some soldiers who die fighting. But even after they passed away, their fight, struggle, and battle still inspire other soldiers to dight till the end like their colleagues did. At the end, the rest of the soldiers will be encouraged by the battle of the previous soldier that have fought till the end of their lives, and there is a bigger chance that they will overcome the battle.

Because sometimes it doesn't matter whether or not you'll win a fight, but what matters is that at least you fight till the end.

Matthew 5:16 (ESV) In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Siela01
Beautiful!
I am thinkin' seriously if I recite Matthew 5:1-16...like every morning I wake before my morning prayers.
What an AWESOME way to begin the day!
I likey! lol

Praise You
Thank You ♡ Jesus! ♡
 
Love you Elisabet!
I meant to post that in the 'random thoughts' section

Sorry I posted on wrong thread dearest!
Love you!
 
HaHa Elisabet

I meant to post my post in 'random thoughts'
I just read your thoughts
We both mentioned Matthew 5:16
AWESOME!

Yep Jesus loves us!
Proud of you Elisabet!
 
Awww thank you Elisabet. I love reading yours too.
You're such a sweet doll!
Love ya much!
 
It is almost the end of 2015. Many things happened this year. Bad things, good things, awesome things, terrible things. My littlest cousin was born in this year. I was graduated from middle school this year with a not-so-good mark. I attend a public school now (it was not what I hoped for). But then i realise that i am much appreciated there. I started cutting in the beginning of this year. But fortunately, i stopped cutting at the end of this year. I got depression this year. But from that thing, i learnt to trust God no matter how hard it is. From that depression, i now understand that i have been blessed with the most amazing and supportive family in the whole world.

In conclusion, there are many unforgettable things this year. Some are good, some are bad, but that's life. Overall, what God has done to me this year is the best plan He has, and He will continue to shape me just like the way He wants me to be.

Happy 4-days-before New Year!! :)