My skiing trip yesterday -- Praise and Prayer Request

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ManiaStar

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2015
381
29
28
Thank you for those of you who prayed for me.

I wanted to tell those of you who prayed that the learning curve for me to get the hang of it actually was answered. My best friend took me on a different trail and, it was like I picked it up right away. We stayed there and skied for about 10 hours. My friend was so good to me. He took me up on the cabriolet all the way up the mountain and took me on different trails. Some easy, some more difficult (it wasn't his fault, he didn't know). But, he initially skied right in front of me calling out to me what I should do w/ each leg/ski so I followed him and did exactly what he said. It really helped me out a lot that way. After doing that a couple runs, he would wait for me at a waiting area and would watch me and encouraged me. It felt so good having him wait for me and not rush me and just be happy and encourage me. I did fall but, not as much as 2 weeks ago so, I was so happy. I hope to continue to get better and lose some fear that I have in association w/ the skiing. We May be going back next weekend too, but, not sure yet.

The one prayer request I have is for my right knee and my right calf. In the morning, a snowboarder accidentally slammed into me (it happens) and my right calf was killing me. I went to medical and iced it for a bit and then went back out.

Later in the day, I had this one pretty bad fall. I was going pretty fast, went to turn but the snow was ice and so my skis came out from under me and i went toppling a little bit. Well, I was wearing a knee brace on both knees which I need to do. But, at the time of that fall, it almost felt like my right knee "popped" but, it felt just fine probably bc of the knee brace. I took a breather b4 continuing but, my knee still felt fine so i continued. It wasn't til near the end of our day there, that my right knee started to hurt. I checked it out in my friend's vehicle and was like, it feels like there's water build up in my knee. He said it's possible to have water retention But, today, my knee is hurting me a little bit. More then anything I feel the heaviness of the knee, its a little swollen. Am really not sure if there's water in my knee or not but, i can walk on it just fine but, it hurts to bend it. Anyways, just asking for some prayer for my right knee for the pain and swelling to go down. I will be icing it today.
 
Alternate between icing and heating it. Heat works wonders for me when I have problems with my back.. :)
 
Thank you for those of you who prayed for me.

I wanted to tell those of you who prayed that the learning curve for me to get the hang of it actually was answered. My best friend took me on a different trail and, it was like I picked it up right away. We stayed there and skied for about 10 hours. My friend was so good to me. He took me up on the cabriolet all the way up the mountain and took me on different trails. Some easy, some more difficult (it wasn't his fault, he didn't know). But, he initially skied right in front of me calling out to me what I should do w/ each leg/ski so I followed him and did exactly what he said. It really helped me out a lot that way. After doing that a couple runs, he would wait for me at a waiting area and would watch me and encouraged me. It felt so good having him wait for me and not rush me and just be happy and encourage me. I did fall but, not as much as 2 weeks ago so, I was so happy. I hope to continue to get better and lose some fear that I have in association w/ the skiing. We May be going back next weekend too, but, not sure yet.

The one prayer request I have is for my right knee and my right calf. In the morning, a snowboarder accidentally slammed into me (it happens) and my right calf was killing me. I went to medical and iced it for a bit and then went back out.

Later in the day, I had this one pretty bad fall. I was going pretty fast, went to turn but the snow was ice and so my skis came out from under me and i went toppling a little bit. Well, I was wearing a knee brace on both knees which I need to do. But, at the time of that fall, it almost felt like my right knee "popped" but, it felt just fine probably bc of the knee brace. I took a breather b4 continuing but, my knee still felt fine so i continued. It wasn't til near the end of our day there, that my right knee started to hurt. I checked it out in my friend's vehicle and was like, it feels like there's water build up in my knee. He said it's possible to have water retention But, today, my knee is hurting me a little bit. More then anything I feel the heaviness of the knee, its a little swollen. Am really not sure if there's water in my knee or not but, i can walk on it just fine but, it hurts to bend it. Anyways, just asking for some prayer for my right knee for the pain and swelling to go down. I will be icing it today.
Your post sounds like someone who has been skiing for years. Way to go! (Says the woman who would have wanted trees to run into so I could slow down. lol)
 
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense — Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.