My son in school.

  • Thread starter Thread starter MonicaR
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MonicaR

Guest
Can you please keep my 10yr old son in your prayers, he has struggled in school since kindergarten. He's in 5th grade now and comes home in tears because he simply cannot understand. I have had him tested for a learning disability and he has none. He takes speach therapy and they do have him in a slower paced classes but thats all they can do for him unless he had a diagnosis. At 4 yrs old he was once hospitalized with a brain infection of a unknown cause.The teachers all tell me he tries so hard in class but he just cannot quite get it. The school has finally recommended retaining him (which is what i;ve asked for all along) and this devestates him. My son is embarrased and just wants to know why HE cant understand like everyone else. Please just pray for him. Thank you.
 
I will pray for your son. Honestly this happened to me and my twin sister as well. Some children just learn a lot easier than most, sometimes not because they aren't as smart but because they need to be taught in differnt way or environment. My mother recognised that we needed to be trained how to read again in the 3rd grade. She was fortunate enough to be in a position to homeschool us both. Not only did we learn we excelled and had very wonderful memories with our mother. I pray that your son wont be embarrassed. I know a lot of people who got held back and it's nothing to be ashamed about.
 
Your son is very much in my prayers, and so are you.
Hugs and God bless, pickles.
 
I am sorry your son is going through this. I will pray for him that he will not get down on himself. Just keep letting him know how much you love him as I know you already do. Your faith is very important for him to see, God will take care of him. Please keep us posted.
 
Praise God that he enstills wisdom to those who ask for it, I suggest that you take your son a have him to pray to ask God to help him his learning, this I did for my son, he also have a promblem with learning how others learn, sometimes teachers only give the answers, but not tell the kids how thet came to it... there is no more "becauses" in the way they teach now.. I had to teach my son all through grammer school.

Lord God we come to you in the name of Christ Jesus; Lord we ask that you open her son's mind and pour out thy wisdom, knowledge and understanding into him... Father as you have done for his mother, who is thy daughter, you said you will do it for her seed and her seed's seed.. Father, we ask that you make him the head and not the tail, above only Lord and not beneith.. Father when he come to you fill him with thy Spirit of enlightment.. that init he will know all things as you have given to those who seek you, he will know thy truths. that you are a faithful God, Lord help him to learn to trust you and know that thy Word is life, and that if we come to you in the name of Jesus, you said we shall have whatsoever we ask, if we believe we have received it.. Father you said that we ought to come to you as the little children do, so now one of your little children is coming to you and we are coming on his behalf.. Lord bless him to learn with no promblems, and what ever it is that hinders his mind, that blocks him from understanding; Lord, we ask that you remove it right now in the Holy name of Christ Jesus... Anoint him Lord with thy Spirit and Lord there will nothing impossible for him to do, for thy Words said that we can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthen us. touch his mind Holy Father, and let thy goodness flow all through it, and Lord he will grow up praiseing you and giving you all the glory for thy love and kindness you have shown him and will always show unto him for all of his days, Lord give him thy favor; which is better than life and with it you said, he will be blessed of you and before man, and you will cause men to give into his busome.
Lord, we pray and with thanks giving do we ask you to do this thing which is a very small thing with you; in the precious and Holy name of Christ Jesus we pray to you... Amen
Lord God; we thank you for hearing and answering our prayers concerning Monica's son... Amen
 
Last edited:
My prayers are with you, Bless your Heart. The Holy Spirit of God will be upon him and his mind will be illuminated for understanding. Thank you for allowing us to pray for your Son
 
Monica,

I understand what you and others are going through when it comes to our sons having trouble in school...I got a call today from my boy's teacher, about two hours ago that he was caught cheating on a math test by copying from another child's work. I wish I was smarter so that I could know how to help him! I feel so useless when I know he needs help with work and I'm not able to understand his material. I've tried a few tricks, like a chart I was talking about when he was younger, but as he gets older, the chart just doesn't attract him as much any more, go figure... :)

I will be praying for you and everyone else in this Christian Chat room family who is requesting prayer for their babies...

God Bless you and your son!

ingrid