My Story

  • Thread starter Thread starter makennaabell407
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

makennaabell407

Guest
As I said in my first post I am a sophomore in high school. I understand some people might think I'm too young to be in such a deep relationship with a guy, and I know that.

June 28, 2013. Thats the day my whole life changed. That's the day Nathan asked me to be his girlfriend, and even though we've gone through some pretty hard times, I wouldn't trade our relationship for the world.

It all started off fine. We go to the same church and we were talking all the time. His parents loved me and he got along with my mom really well. My dad had always been a little weird about us being together. Even though the night Nathan asked me out he had a really long talk with my dad before about if he approved. At the time he said he did but I dont think he really meant it. I wish he would've told Nathan how he really felt. Anyway, time went on and even though things seemed to be getting better with Nathan and I, my dad disliked him more and more each day. Finally, on our one year anniversary, my dad blew up on him. It was horrible. I had been going downtown to a festival my city has every year, and as I got in the car my dad yelled at me and told me to get out. He told Nathan to never come back or talk to me again. That ruined me. I tried to respect my dads decision on Nathan, but even though I hate admitting it, I was and still am in love. We've been hiding our relationship from my parents ever since that day. It's hard. It's stressful. I dont know how to talk to my parents about how I feel. I sometimes just wish they could read my mind. I can't put my emotions into words a well as some other people can.

Im at a crossroads. Im so in love, but I wanna know that I'm doing the right thing. I'm crying almost every night now trying to figurer out what to do. I dont want to lose Nathan. Can someone please give me some advice? And some verses to write down? Thanks!
1378761_619169891467378_1719635223_n.jpg
Oh and heres an old picture of Nathan asking me to homecoming last year!

Have a great night :)
 
i was in basically the exact same situation a few years ago i know it is hard. But if you really love each other you can respect their decision and wait for each other. 2 years is not as long as you think and then you will see if he really loved you and was willing to wait. And if he was not willing to wait for you then you know it wouldn't have worked anyway
 
You won't like this but the bible is clear on honoring parents and living honestly. Right now you are being disobedient to your parents, and through that to God. You are lying and being deceitful. Does this sound like a Godly relationship to you?
I know how difficult emotions can be to handle but at the end of the day you have to answer if your emotions towards a person outweighs your wanting to be obedient to God.
Also ask yourself if God approves of this relationship.
Why does your father disapprove?
if you can't communicate now how can you expect to have healthy communication in a long term relationship?
What does it say about your mental and spiritual maturity if you are willing to lie and deceive, but unable to talk honestly?
What does it say about him of he's willing to go along with your deception and lies rather then encourage you to do what's right instead of what you and he wants?
You didn't share why your father disapproves of him so we don't know if he is a good kid or not. Maybe he is. And maybe one day in the future you can make your own choice in the matter. But right now you are in an unGodly relationship.
 
I agree with what others have said. Have a conversation with your dad, and ask him why he feels so strongly in a negative way about Nathan. Maybe it is something personally about Nathan, or maybe it could be any guy and your dad would react the same, and then that would be a different issue. But I definitely suggest you get to the bottom of your dad's feelings, in a non-argumentative way, of course. And that would help you at least understand better why he acted how he did.