My take on things like bipolar and add

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Revelator7;1699574[SIZE=2 said:
][/SIZE] I was diagnosed bipolar. After I became a Christian, I was healed.
I was also a paranoid schizophrenic, but after I believed in Jesus, I was completely healed.

So what research do I need to know when by experience I was taught...

Schizophrenia is a mental SICKNESS. However, the fruit of the Spirit didn't cure my schizophrenia because it wasn't a character issue. The fruit of the Spirit is for the emotional character of a man. The power of God though, miraculous power, it is something that cured me from my sickness.

The fruit of the Spirit has nothing to do with the physical health of a man, but the emotoinal and spiritual health. So what are you talking about sickness for?

Why would I need to research before a theory? I can observe with my own eyes the behavior of things and draw hypothesis and conclusions. I see that a ball falls to the ground. There must be a force behind it make it behave that way. I understood this as a child before anyone ever told me about the reason of gravity.
Maybe the 2 statements above hold the answers to this post.

Everyone I've met diagnosed bipolar or schizophrenic eventually starts feeling better,
then quits taking their meds,
then starts doing crazy things,
then proclaims loudly "I'm fine now!!!"...
and then refuses to get back on their meds.

Schizophrenia btw is characterized by false beliefs,
and an inability to know what's real.

For the record, I believe God heals.
I also believe psychiatrists can be wrong in their evaluations.

However...
when someone tells me they have SEVERAL extremely SEVERE mental disorders,
(disorders which impair their judgement)
and now they think they are suddenly healed....
my first response has to be a slightly skeptical, "Hmmm."

S

Shelby_Artist

Thank you for sharing your theory, Mr. Revelation... you might want to learn how to state in a way that is not so accusatory and offensive. I came to this Christian chat community for edification and encouragement, I came to this conversation because I am bipolar and it piqued my interest. But instead of being encouraged and/or edified by your post, I was offended.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I could be wrong but I have a theory that certain diagnosis and disorders are actually something that medication doesn't really treat.

I believe that ADD is a symptom of selfishness. That a person's attention to things is altered by a deeply rooted self absorbsion. That they can't focus on one thing for too long because it's not really exciting to them, so in their selfishness they look for the next best high. Look at kids with add and watch these same kids play their favorite video games for hours, progressing through the game without trouble. They need stimulation, and they lack it in things that bore them.

I believe that Bipolar in people happens because they are deep emotional feelers and they lack self control and patience. For example, Scripture talks a lot about people who have short tempers in Proverbs. Things like a man of understanding has great patience or a fool gives full vent to his emotions but a wise man holds them back (self control). And if bipolar people had the fruit of the Holy Spirit, they would have JOY rather than times of low depression. They would have inner PEACE (contentment). They would have patience and self control. These are spiritual things rather than something that medication can treat.

Basically these two things in my opinion are mental conditions caused by the ego.
I confess, your opinions are based on total ignorance. I work with the mentally ill, many of them Chrisitians, and this is absolute garbage.

Mental ilnesses like bipolar are caused by a brain that doesn't work right. ADD is not even a mental illness, but rather an inherited condition, whch is why children from loving Chrisitian homes have it, including 2 of my sons. They function quite well in life, and have food, jobs, marriages and faith, in spite of this condition.

Maybe the OP needs to have the neurotransmitters in his brain Added to, and subtracted from, and then he will have a little understanding of what a bipolar person has to face in their life. Medicaitions help correct that imbalance, although imperfectly.

Jesus Christ helps mentally ill people be saved, and grow spiritually into the image of Christ, just like everyone else he saves.