That's an encouraging word to a worried mother Chopsui...thanks.
Sorry wasn't meant to be...
That's an encouraging word to a worried mother Chopsui...thanks.
Hi I've never posted before but I need a little moral support. My son is almost 17, hes an avid sportsman in wrestling and football and gets excellent grades very driven.....That said, hes had a girlfriend for almost a year. At christmas I found condom wrappers unopened under his bed. (my roomba vaccum actually did) We talked about it and I was calm. He said they weren't his (of course). I've raised him well with regular church attendance, awana and most importantly I've shared my views about waiting and what God wants for him and the consequences mentally and physically of being sexually involved. He is not allowed to be alone with his girlfriend at home without a parent.
Well I just cleaned his bathroom garbage and found a wrapper OPENED in his garbage. I'm so disappointed with him and myself.....after some thought and prayer I called the girls Mom. It went ok and surprisingly she said 3 months into their relationship she saw how inlove her daughter was with my son and took her to the dr. and put her on the pill. Her Mom is a single mom and had her first at 18 and is a young grandma. She said she got scared and thought it was the only thing to do to prevent the kids from ruining their futures. She said she didn't inform me because she didn't want to alarm me. So now the cats out of the bag what can I do? Realistically hes almost a adult and I can't ground him or forbid him to see her. I keep thinking of Sarah Palin's daughter saying her Moms thoughts on "abstience" are "unrealistic". My son and I have really good open comunication. At least I thought we did. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Thanks for listening too!
Hi I've never posted before but I need a little moral support. My son is almost 17, hes an avid sportsman in wrestling and football and gets excellent grades very driven.....That said, hes had a girlfriend for almost a year. At christmas I found condom wrappers unopened under his bed. (my roomba vaccum actually did) We talked about it and I was calm. He said they weren't his (of course). I've raised him well with regular church attendance, awana and most importantly I've shared my views about waiting and what God wants for him and the consequences mentally and physically of being sexually involved. He is not allowed to be alone with his girlfriend at home without a parent.
Well I just cleaned his bathroom garbage and found a wrapper OPENED in his garbage. I'm so disappointed with him and myself.....after some thought and prayer I called the girls Mom. It went ok and surprisingly she said 3 months into their relationship she saw how inlove her daughter was with my son and took her to the dr. and put her on the pill. Her Mom is a single mom and had her first at 18 and is a young grandma. She said she got scared and thought it was the only thing to do to prevent the kids from ruining their futures. She said she didn't inform me because she didn't want to alarm me. So now the cats out of the bag what can I do? Realistically hes almost a adult and I can't ground him or forbid him to see her. I keep thinking of Sarah Palin's daughter saying her Moms thoughts on "abstience" are "unrealistic". My son and I have really good open comunication. At least I thought we did. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Thanks for listening too!
WKK. It's a sin because God says it is a sin. Yes, it is a special connection between two people, but it should only be shared between husband and wife.You say its a sin, but why is it a sin?
Being a teen as well- a lot of this is going on in high school. It most definitely is a personal choice or not whether to do it or not. It is great that you and your son have really good open communication. Everyone makes their own choices and you can't physically control them. All of what is going on is in God's hands. I'm sure your son will continue to be successful in life...even though he is sexually active.
-Hope this helped a little