My Testimony. Drug users please read this...

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeoLion
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LeoLion

Guest
Testimony time once again. I told y'all I had several of them. I shared about how God healed my daughter when she was born. Maybe I didn't go into enough detail on that testimony like I should've. My wife had reminded me when we were talking just the other day about what all God has done for us. She said,remember because she was on 100% oxygen the doctor had said to us if she lives she will have brain damage? And also at one point she actually died in the ambulance going to the hospital. Well,this is a whole different kind of testimony which happened to me personally. This is for the drug addicts or dope users in whatever form they are using. Christian or nonchristian if you are on drugs and can't seem to get away from it just listen to my TRUE STORY and may it'll give you hope and healing in your situation. I feel to say this first... God DOES NOT heal everyone the same way and He DOES NOT always "instantly" heal everyone. Many times God will simply give the one praying the strength to be delivered. He can give you strength to take it one day at a time step after each small step until one day you realize He has walked with you through the whole long process and you are now FREE! Hallelujah Well mine didn't happen that way. Mine was truly a miracle from God as I was instantly set free from drugs,alcohol,cigarettes,tobacco. I'll explain now;
When I was a young teenager back in south Louisiana where the sugar cane grows everywhere and the rats seem to be big as cats I had a habit of taking walks down the old dirt roads in those cane fields. Whenever I would feel sad or down or depressed or just lonely I would go grab my shoes and head down one of those long old dusty dirt roads and talk with my God. Memories that are dear to my heart and never will be forgotten. I believe I first started doing this because of Kenneth E. Hagin's books I had read. He used to talk about how God is not just this "big man upstairs" or however he said it,but that's what he meant. Hagin says we should walk and talk with God and get to know Him. For as I can remember this is what got me started doing this walk with God. Like I said though when I just didn't feel right maybe sad or whatever I would just take off down one of those dirt roads and start talking with Father (God) just like I'm talking to you right now. What did we talk about some might be asking. Well,anything and everything. Whatever is on your heart that is what you talk to God about. God does not play games. What do I mean by that? Well,He knows your heart and you cannot hide one molecule from him. He sees all and me having that knowledge would just talk about anything to Him whether it'd be puberty, sex,lust,over eating,anger. Yes I also talked about the good things like Love,faith,girls,and so on. The feeling I got from all this was that God was right there walking with me and listening to every word. I didn't know like I know now,but I would feel his presence and didn't know what to call it. I was just a baby Christian you see. There was a calm sort of warming of the atmosphere and a peace and joy with that and I didn't know what to call it so sometimes when I went out to go walk with Him I'd pray "now Father let me feel that calm peaceful feeling that you always let me feel" and not long after walking awhile I'd feel it come over me and I'd stop and smile as I looked up towards the sky at my Father. Sometimes I'd go out there and speak in tongues out loud for almost an hour because that's what Dad Hagin said we should do. All I knew was I wanted more of God and wanted to learn more and more and get closer and closer to Him. Sometimes I'd have such a joy came over me and such a feeling of freedom I just walked and sang songs to God. I made up songs and gave them to him as gifts. What do you give God he has everything you know? I guess the scene is set now so on with the story... I guess it was a few years later as time went by and I grew into a young man I got caught up into things that I shouldn't have. Partying like they called it then and drugs and alcohol and smoking cigarets. I'm sensing this story will help someone so I'll keep it the way God wants me to. Me and my younger brother get an apartment and its party time everyday and every night. I done so much drugs so much drinking of alcohol that I can't remember all what I done. If someone handed me a pill I'd just take it and swallow it with a sip of beer or whatever drink I had at the moment. High everyday smoking weed I'm talking about and hash. The only thing I didn't do was use needles because they seemed pretty scary you know. I was 24/7 high as a kite stoned out of my mind. When I did have a partial sober day that had become my high. It had reversed on me... When I was high that was my normal and when I was sober that had become my high like wow what is this feeling!?! Yeah I was pretty high. Ok on with the testimony now. I had a cousin staying at my Grandmothers house and me and my brother went to her house to spend a few days with her. Actually it was to see my cousin and party more because he got high just as much as we did. A couple of days go by and one day sitting in my cousins bedroom I recognize that old familiar tug at my heart,that call to my heart. It was the Lord calling me to go walk with Him like I used to do. I knew the call well and I knew it was Him. I wanted to answer His call. I put the cigarets down and the joint and I said that's it I'm not doing this no more God is calling me again. That lasted about 30 minutes I guess then I picked up my cigarets and started smoking. The next day I feel the same thing and I know He is calling and oh I wanted it so desperately this time as I thought on the freedom I once had with Him when we walked together, but again I tried to put it all down and couldn't. So finally the next day I guess it was I decided I was gonna take a little walk down an old cane field road behind my Grandmother's house. I leave my cigarets and weed behind and head down the old dirt road. Oh how the feelings kept coming back to me of how I used to walk with Him! I longed for it! I desired to have that relationship back like I once had with Him. I get to a certain spot in the middle of the cane field and look around to see if anybody was watching me and I begin talking with God. Then something happened... Such a heaviness came over me as I knew He as calling me to walk with Him again and I just couldn't stop doing the drugs and other stuff. I get to a point in all my heaviness and frustrations and I look up at God with tears in my eyes and such an angry heart! Not angry with God,but angry with myself because I wanted this so badly and I knew I couldn't have it. I wanted my relationship back. I look up towards heaven and I finally break! I screamed at God and said Lord if you want me to stop doing all this then you are gonna have to take them from me because I CANT QUIT!!! I yelled just as loud and out of anger then I wipe my tears away and head back down the road to my Grandmothers house. I didn't feel anything happen to me as far as change,but I knew Father heard me. He's not hard of hearing. So back to my regular routine of smoking and so on. I tell my brother the next day that I'm going back home and he says to me he is staying for a couple more days. So I get in my car and start heading down the road. I have Marlboro cigarets,a lighter,a brass pipe,zigzag rolling papers,and a small sanwhich bag of weed all in my front two pockets of my shirt. I will explain this next moment what happened to me the best way I know how,but know that this is a God thing and not always easy to explain the things of God. I'm going down the road feeling kinda down and depressed because of this whole ordeal with God and all of a sudden I start to unroll my window and out of my mouth outloud like someone or something took control of my mouth and these words came out ... I quit! Suddenly I reach into my two top pockets without even thinking and grab the cigarets and weed and pipe, EVERYTHING and through them out of the window onto the road. A joy came over me as I was instantly sobered up! I searched for a Christian radio station and driving down the road with tears coming down I began praising God I was FREE!!! The next day I did sort of wonder if it was a lasting thing,but I had no withdraws and needed no cigaret or weed or alcohol NOTHING! God himself took it from me. What a loving Father we have. You see why I owe Him everything. He is my everything. I have seen God do many things in my life and in others. Who can doubt God? Well,I hope my testimony blesses someone and may God get all the glory from all this spoken in this testimony. Have a blessed day everyone. I love you all.