My Testimony, so far...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 24, 2019
Hi everyone.
I grew up in a non-religious family.
My elder brother Peter spent a year in prison which I think is where he heard about God.
Several years later he came to a point in his life where he just needed God to be real and in his life.
So he cried out to God from the bottom of his heart and God spoke to him and said "Jesus".
He then spent about 22 years preaching Jesus to literally everyone he met and used to get shaky if he misplaced his bible.
Then he died at the age of 49 from a massive brain-hemorrhage. He frequently prayed that God call him home and so I guess his prayers got answered in the end.
As for me, I pretty much knew the New Testament inside out from all the times Pete had preached to me.
About 17 years ago I found myself in hospital with bleeding stomach-ulcers and I really thought I was going to die.
And then the "not one sparrow falls from a tree" scripture came to me strongly so I made a deal with God to read His book if He got me through it.
So, I didn't die and I read His book, and prayed every night before bed that He show me that He was real.
After about a year He just opened my eyes to know for sure He was real. For a few moments I thought I'd gone mad, but then I just started seeing things differently. Suddenly the ocean seemed like a pond and the bible like a leaflet, among other things. And I wrote about two-hundred pages on false gods and distractions and some other stuff too. I couldn't believe how blind I'd been previously. And if God had asked me to walk down the street naked I would have done it without hesitation.
Anyway, since then its been about a 16 year roller-coaster of trying to get to the bottom of the Truth and trying to "pass from death into life".
I have been smashed to pieces spiritually hundreds of times but somehow or other I keep finding myself back on my feet.
For the last 6 months as soon as I woke up and before my brain could start thinking I would read a chapter of the New Testament and then an Alexander Maclaren commentary on it on BibleHub which has been amazing for my faith, usually bringing tears to my eyes, and binding me much more close to Jesus that I was before.
About two weeks ago I was going to get a T-Shirt printed saying "Jesus is the Way" and then God showed me by revelation that it should just say "Jesus", and that was the first moment I knew 100% for sure that God really had said "Jesus" to my brother.
So I am currently enjoying a time of immense faith and feeling extremely blessed and am planning to always be wearing something with "Jesus" on it.
And for the first time I feel like I am ready to start preaching Jesus to every creature. Everyone at work has already seen my T-Shirt and I'm just allowing the Spirit to lead me as He wills.
So that's the story so far. Hope some people may find a little encouragement in it.

By the way, I'm an alcoholic and if you asked most people who know me to describe me in one word I think they would say "alcoholic".
I don't want to get ahead of myself but, by God's grace, one day they might say "Christian".

PJ76

shepherd
Mar 5, 2019
Hello brother paul. Thank you for that heartwarming testimony. I appreciate it.

T

TheWriter

Hi everyone.
My elder brother Peter spent a year in prison which I think is where he heard about God.
Several years later he came to a point in his life where he just needed God to be real and in his life.
So he cried out to God from the bottom of his heart and God spoke to him and said "Jesus".
He then spent about 22 years preaching Jesus to literally everyone he met and used to get shaky if he misplaced his bible.
Then he died at the age of 49 from a massive brain-hemorrhage. He frequently prayed that God call him home and so I guess his prayers got answered in the end.
As for me, I pretty much knew the New Testament inside out from all the times Pete had preached to me.
About 17 years ago I found myself in hospital with bleeding stomach-ulcers and I really thought I was going to die.
And then the "not one sparrow falls from a tree" scripture came to me strongly so I made a deal with God to read His book if He got me through it.
So, I didn't die and I read His book, and prayed every night before bed that He show me that He was real.
After about a year He just opened my eyes to know for sure He was real. For a few moments I thought I'd gone mad, but then I just started seeing things differently. Suddenly the ocean seemed like a pond and the bible like a leaflet, among other things. And I wrote about two-hundred pages on false gods and distractions and some other stuff too. I couldn't believe how blind I'd been previously. And if God had asked me to walk down the street naked I would have done it without hesitation.
Anyway, since then its been about a 16 year roller-coaster of trying to get to the bottom of the Truth and trying to "pass from death into life".
I have been smashed to pieces spiritually hundreds of times but somehow or other I keep finding myself back on my feet.
For the last 6 months as soon as I woke up and before my brain could start thinking I would read a chapter of the New Testament and then an Alexander Maclaren commentary on it on BibleHub which has been amazing for my faith, usually bringing tears to my eyes, and binding me much more close to Jesus that I was before.
About two weeks ago I was going to get a T-Shirt printed saying "Jesus is the Way" and then God showed me by revelation that it should just say "Jesus", and that was the first moment I knew 100% for sure that God really had said "Jesus" to my brother.
So I am currently enjoying a time of immense faith and feeling extremely blessed and am planning to always be wearing something with "Jesus" on it.
And for the first time I feel like I am ready to start preaching Jesus to every creature. Everyone at work has already seen my T-Shirt and I'm just allowing the Spirit to lead me as He wills.
So that's the story so far. Hope some people may find a little encouragement in it.

By the way, I'm an alcoholic and if you asked most people who know me to describe me in one word I think they would say "alcoholic".
I don't want to get ahead of myself but, by God's grace, one day they might say "Christian".
Brother,

You are not what the world says you are, you are what God says you are becuae God says you are forever His!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Hi everyone.

"Welcome, and thanks for sharing.
"Over sixty years experience with alcohol.... Thank God, now over two decades since I turned
my life over to God's care. Untold lives and stories have crossed my path. It is always a joy to hear
how Christ came into ones life. So many have many words, but vacant of how God has changed
their life and being grateful of God's grace. Those of us that have experienced an awareness, or
an 'enlightenment' our lives take on a new meaning, from this side of the 'glass'...I know to be true."
ODAAT."
'Praise God'

Attachments

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Welcome, and thanks for sharing.
"Over sixty years experience with alcohol.... Thank God, now over two decades since I turned
my life over to God's care. Untold lives and stories have crossed my path. It is always a joy to hear
how Christ came into ones life. So many have many words, but vacant of how God has changed
their life and being grateful of God's grace. Those of us that have experienced an awareness, or
an 'enlightenment' our lives take on a new meaning, from this side of the 'glass'...I know to be true."
ODAAT."
'Praise God'
( Note: to be clear, forty years using...now over twenty years, in recovery, and sober ...Thank God. )