My Testimony

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tazzy123

Junior Member
Jan 20, 2017
3
0
1
hey, so I just wanted to share my testimony because I like testimonies,sorry if it's a bit long

I came to Australia when I was five, into a family of 7, my biological brother and sister joined to make ten of us, when I was younger my parents told me I was special because God had told them to adopt us, I had in mind that was true, I believed in God because I'd heard a few biblical story's and went to church every Christmas eve.
When I was around the age 13 I began thinking negatively, started hating myself because I wasn't good enough, I would think that what my parents told was a lie because there were heaps of adopted kids in the world so why was I special? then I would think about kids poor and starving, life was unfair, even worse if God was in control and he picked out those he wanted to help and gave some people good lives from the beginning.
I started locking myself in my room everyday and watching movies and videos that made me feel worse, I had depression and anxiety but I wasn't aware of that, I would hang out with a large group of friends at school who always had inappropriate discussions, although I didn't join in I was still part of the group, at this point I felt worthless and disliked by all of them, so school life become a place I dreaded, I started isolating myself from my family at home, I felt life was meaningless and I was worthless, so I looked into witchcraft online and even tried reciting a spell with a drawn pentagram around me, I criticized my family's belief in God, I knew God existed but I didn't know him, there's a difference between believing in God and knowing him, I would have suicidal thoughts but could never come to attempting it, so I started cutting myself to escape the pain inside me, I didn't care about myself, my siblings thought I was just trying to get attention and told me to just get over it, one night I asked my mum if I could have some chocolate, thinking it was going to be the last thing I would eat, so I faked being happy and fine that night, when I was in bed I took thirty Panadols hoping it would do the job, but the next morning I woke up, although I was alive I felt horribly sick, the pain in my stomach was so excruciating it felt like I was slowly dying, I eventually had to tell my mum, I was in hospital for three days on a drip, when I came out I was worse, I skipped ten weeks of school, wouldn't go out of my room and locked myself in the bathroom when my councilor came because my bedroom door was removed, why did anyone care? why would God do this to me? Maybe I was wrong about God, it wouldn't hurt reading the bible,
so I did and was surprised at the calmness I felt, as I read each night I became more aware of what I had done to the people in my life, I felt guilty and ashamed, then I prayed to God to show me a verse that would teach me how to love others and live to please him, the answer came to me as a quite , still but audible voice 'Proverbs' I was so shocked I froze for a minute then instantly opened the bible and as if that wasn't enough proof it was on the exact verse, right there I read Gods answer to my prayer
Right then I was the happiest I'd ever been, finally I knew God was real, I knew I could have a relationship with my creator! I couldn't get enough of him, I accepted Jesus into my heart, I felt pure peace and joy for once, I couldn't believe what was happening! Jesus changed me from being a depressed girl full of hate, anger and no purpose in her life to a daughter of God who loves her heavenly father and lives to serve him alone, he gave me this life for a reason, I may not know what it is yet but i trust in God that he may have his hands over me, my walk with Christ is only the beginning and I will face trials and stumble every now and then, but he will pick me up time and time again, he walks beside us and never will he leave nor forsake us.
Jesus pulled me out of the darkness that once consumed me and into his presence, nothing and no one can take me away from my Lord and savior, I never feel alone even if I now only have two good friends at school, Jesus is all I need
If God is all you have then you have all you need:)
 
Yay it's my lil sis Tazzy :) missed you my sweet sister :-)

Thanks for sharing this :) You are amazing! Thank you for this great post! and for the encouragement :-) God bless you always :-)
 
Oh wow haven't been on here for while so I didn't see the comment but thanks for your kind words I really appreciate them, it's such an amazing experience when you think about it, God puts stepping stones in our lives but he doesn't just watch us fall he's there to give us a hand and help us get back up, but that's only if we allow him to help us, we can't do it alone we need Gods mighty hands to lift us up.,in our weakness he is strong,God bless♡
 
Last edited:
SweetmorningDew78;bt22149 said:
Yay it's my lil sis Tazzy :) missed you my sweet sister :-)

Thanks for sharing this :) You are amazing! Thank you for this great post! and for the encouragement :-) God bless you always :-)


Aw that's okay sis I missed you too, i enjoyed writing it and looking back to see how far I've come, God is so amazing, I'm glad it encouraged you, God bless you beloved sister xx :)
 
Our beautiful wonderful God, oh how He loves us.....what a awesome testimony of God and His love...God does great and mighty things in our lives as we are His.....love in Christ Sherril....thank you for sharing your heart:D
 
Sherril;bt22429 said:
Our beautiful wonderful God, oh how He loves us.....what a awesome testimony of God and His love...God does great and mighty things in our lives as we are His.....love in Christ Sherril....thank you for sharing your heart:D

Thank you Sherrill, God sure does love us and move in amazing ways in our lives, you're welcome, glad you liked my testimony, God bless you with abundance sister :)
 
yay awesome testimony ive been thinking of writing mine also, maybe it would help someone one day
 
BROROB;bt22452 said:
yay awesome testimony ive been thinking of writing mine also, maybe it would help someone one day
Thank you bro, yes I think you should share your personal testimony because it may help someone else, God bless :)