My wife cheated on me

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brokenhearted28
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brokenhearted28

Guest
Yes she cheated on me, not because of anything I've done but because she is messed up. No I'm not saying that i have been perfect, of course i have made my mistakes along the way but i could not bring myself to doing something like that. Or if i did the circumstances would have to be pretty extreme. Our circumstance were not extreme at all at the time. She has asked for forgiveness and she is working hard to regain my trust and so i am forgiving her daily. But its the memory and flashes of that dreadful night that haunt me. I love her but when i look at her i just don't see her the same anymore. I don't feel the way i felt for her even though i try hard. She hugs me and shows me affection and its just not the same. I don't think it will ever be the way it was before. Im so depressed. I want to leave her most of the time but i can't. This is my second marriage, and we have young children i can't go though another divorce. I guess I'm just stuck with the one i have. She's just not what i though she was....... Sigh....
 
You must pray and ask for God to put forgiveness in your heart but it won't take weeks or even months, it will probably take years - I know I've been there and I only know that without Jesus' intervention the forgiveness would never have been possible. God bless you and your marriage.
 
Thank you for your response. Can i ask you a question? I believe that Jesus has put forgiveness in my heart, otherwise i would continue to drag her through the mud about it (which i have stopped doing, praise God) but on those days where I'm just so angry does it mean i have not forgiven her? Or on those days where i can't stop crying does it mean i have not truly forgiven her? On those days where i look at her and i feel nothing romantically at all does that mean i have not forgiven her?
 
Try not to look at her sin and focus on how Jesus has forgiven you and her. The scar will be forever but I pray in Jesus' name that any anger, depression, or heartache would be removed from you, and He would replace it with His peace that passes all understanding. It will get better brother. Love her with all your heart and God will take care of the rest.
 
My heart is broken. I cant love her from that place. I only love her with my head. I love her out of obedience to Christ. But i feel nothing