Mystery Babylon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Let's look at the lesson of the fig tree. While not calling it a fig tree, John the Baptist identifies it as a tree bearing fruit early in Mat 3. He makes it clear the time is near:

And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

The idea that a tree not bearing fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire is repeated later by Jesus in Mat 21: Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.” Immediately the fig tree withered away. Notice where they are - near Jerusalem.

Then in Mat 24 hours before His crucifixion what does Jesus say? 32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

It shouldn't be so hard to us brothers and sisters. Jesus taught the lesson of the fig tree and it was about to happen really soon, to this generation.

“Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

What was taken from whom? The kingdom was taken away from the phony Jewish religious leaders of the day and it was given to the church made up of all believers.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
In the passage you quote, Jesus was discussing the OT prophets, not his followers. He speaking of the past, "from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar." We know they killed many more too, like Isaiah, Amos, Michah, Habakkuk, and Jeremiah all killed by the Jews. Not only does He name some of the them (Zechariah), He also identified them (the Priests) as the responsible party. Then He says, "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.' THIS GENERATION, not some future one to us. It is clear as DAY!!
The word generation can also mean a people like an entire nation or in this case the Jewish people who are only Jews in the flesh, Romans 2: 28- 29. This will be the apostate portion of Israel who is shown in complete apostasy on the Day the Lord comes for all to see in His splendor, The Day of the Lord. She is filled with riches, huge powerful army, political power and filled with false gods and worship. This is her final act of apostasy when she takes the anti-Christ for her god and husband the prophetic clock begins ticking and that Last Week of Years has begun the 7 year countdown to the return of the Lord and the judgment on this apostate generation:
Isaiah 1:24-26

24 Therefore the Lord says,
The Lord of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel,
“Ah, I will [a]rid Myself of My adversaries,
And [b]take vengeance on My enemies.
25 I will turn My hand against you,
And thoroughly[c] purge away your dross,
And take away all your alloy.
26 I will restore your judges as at the first,
And your counselors as at the beginning.
Afterward you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city.”

After she has her dross purged away the faithful remnant will become the priest who serve in the Millennial Temple.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Forgot about all the horns and the Caesars when you have the facts right out in the open. There is no need to speculate.
we have the beast nation who will be his bride for 3.5 years that will be unlike any other nation revealed in Zecaraiah 11: 16 Israel is going to become the divided nation Israel the north and Judah the south.

7 And I feed the flock of slaughter, even you, ye afflicted of the flock; and I take to me two staves, the one I have called Pleasantness, and the other I have called Bands, and I feed the flock. 8 And I cut off the three shepherds in one month, and my soul is grieved with them, and also their soul hath abhorred me. The northern kingdom of Israel had ten kings at once over the 10 tribes that mahe up the northern kingdom. Ten heads and crowns and horns. But three of those shepherds are removed by the Lord forming the only nation who had ten kings at once and the only one that had seven rulers at one time. The above events take place when the Evil Shepherd is going to make his appearance and these are the seven headed nation that will be seen riding on the scarlet beast.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
"The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth... "Babilon the great city is falen." This is when America does not want to be known as the great city. No need to respond with denial its understood.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Hi stillness, you might just have been the one who changed my mind but your right. Not this time. But please consider this when the kings of the earth are spoken of it means Gentiles and Scrpture is showing that the great city is the great city the last two witnesses were slain in and she is Jerusalem. I love discussing His Word. Thanks.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
Hi stillness, you might just have been the one who changed my mind but your right. Not this time. But please consider this when the kings of the earth are spoken of it means Gentiles and Scrpture is showing that the great city is the great city the last two witnesses were slain in and she is Jerusalem. I love discussing His Word. Thanks.
Many are seeing dreams and visions of Judgment on America.
If you notice, spiritually is called:
"And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
"The sin of Sodom is pride and fulness of bread and refusal to strech out the hand to the needy." This description fits America. Egypt represent this evil word. Jesus did not die in Jerusalem but outside the gates. More interesting is "Where also our Lord was crucified" Described not as part of Israel and neither does Jerusalem rule over the kings of the earth. Neither is it the wealty city described snd convinced the word city describes this present evil world, but that the Judgment begings with america. Aware not to think that I know and keep learning Peter and Paul died in Rome. Many suspect Rome. But I cant avoid seeing judgment on America as the description of that great city... Have you heard of judgment coming on America?

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Many are seeing dreams and visions of Judgment on America.
If you notice, spiritually is called:
"And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
"The sin of Sodom is pride and fulness of bread and refusal to strech out the hand to the needy." This description fits America. Egypt represent this evil word. Jesus did not die in Jerusalem but outside the gates. More interesting is "Where also our Lord was crucified" Described not as part of Israel and neither does Jerusalem rule over the kings of the earth. Neither is it the wealty city described snd convinced the word city describes this present evil world, but that the Judgment begings with america. Aware not to think that I know and keep learning Peter and Paul died in Rome. Many suspect Rome. But I cant avoid seeing judgment on America as the description of that great city... Have you heard of judgment coming on America?
Hi, thanks for responding. Isaiah chapters 1-5 show Israel when the Lord returns? Just curious does she figure in the end times or is it all Gentiles. I had not heard of America now a candidate. Thanks

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Hi, I agree mystery Babylon is Jerusalem. Some of the reasons. If you believe the 70th Week of Years has not been fulfilled then there is a seven year period waiting for the time for removing the last of the dross, the apostate portion, and saving the remnant by coming back to the Mount of Olives and causing it to split in two forming a valley for their escape. Zec. 14.

Another reason is that the prophecy says judgment first to the Jew and then to the Gentile. The Jews will be judged at the end of the seven years of Daniel's of Daniel's 70th Week. The apostate portion of Israel is destroyed the remnant saved. There is then the Millennial Reign of Christ. At the end of the thousand years the Gentile nations follow Satan against Jerusalem only to be met and defeated by Christ fulfilling judgment second to the Gentiles with salvation coming next to the remnant that has come to belief in Christ, salvation has come to the Gentiles after the Jewish remnant has been saved and the prophecy is fulfilled.

We must remember there was and remains alot of hate or intense dislike for the Roman church and I believe that helped turn people to seeing Rome as mystery Babylon. Rome, and a number of other cities sit on seven hills but the prophecy is for a city that sits on seven mounts and that is Jerusalem. But there is so much more that we have missed.

The False Prophet is going to fulfill the prophecy in Malachi 4: 5 and come as Elijah. We are told many signs and wonders will be done but only one is singled out being named, bringing fire down from heaven. That fire will be the counterfeit Messiah, anti-Christ, coming in what will appear to be the Shekinah Glory. With this fire from heaven they will then have the fire to have the Temple open and functioning and this is important because this is the temple anti-christ is going to declare himself to be God. What kind of Messiah would he be if he can't even provide what's needed to open his temple. I have written enough contacting you cold so if you would like to discuss these things and more please let me know. Thanks.
Friend, the Mt. of Olives split in two allowing the Maccabees to escape in
Hi, I agree mystery Babylon is Jerusalem. Some of the reasons. If you believe the 70th Week of Years has not been fulfilled then there is a seven year period waiting for the time for removing the last of the dross, the apostate portion, and saving the remnant by coming back to the Mount of Olives and causing it to split in two forming a valley for their escape. Zec. 14.

Another reason is that the prophecy says judgment first to the Jew and then to the Gentile. The Jews will be judged at the end of the seven years of Daniel's of Daniel's 70th Week. The apostate portion of Israel is destroyed the remnant saved. There is then the Millennial Reign of Christ. At the end of the thousand years the Gentile nations follow Satan against Jerusalem only to be met and defeated by Christ fulfilling judgment second to the Gentiles with salvation coming next to the remnant that has come to belief in Christ, salvation has come to the Gentiles after the Jewish remnant has been saved and the prophecy is fulfilled.

We must remember there was and remains alot of hate or intense dislike for the Roman church and I believe that helped turn people to seeing Rome as mystery Babylon. Rome, and a number of other cities sit on seven hills but the prophecy is for a city that sits on seven mounts and that is Jerusalem. But there is so much more that we have missed.

The False Prophet is going to fulfill the prophecy in Malachi 4: 5 and come as Elijah. We are told many signs and wonders will be done but only one is singled out being named, bringing fire down from heaven. That fire will be the counterfeit Messiah, anti-Christ, coming in what will appear to be the Shekinah Glory. With this fire from heaven they will then have the fire to have the Temple open and functioning and this is important because this is the temple anti-christ is going to declare himself to be God. What kind of Messiah would he be if he can't even provide what's needed to open his temple. I have written enough contacting you cold so if you would like to discuss these things and more please let me know. Thanks.
Sorry, my reply got sent accidentally. Zech 13-14 was about the era of Antiochus IV and the Maccabees. The population of Jerusalem during this time was around 120,000. According to Josephus, Antiochus killed or enslaved 80,000 leaving 1/3 as the remnant. Keep in mind who Zechariah was and where he was in history. He wrote during the Babylonian captivity during the reign of Darius around 520 BC. He was a prophet of Judea and thus would be writing about events meaningful to his people. Following the return of Judeans to their land the next major military conflict would come in the 160s BC. Zech 13-14 perfectly describes the events of this period and you can see this if you read the Book of the Maccabees. If he wasn't discussing this period here, then where does he discuss it? Why would he skip over an event so monumental, then skip over the 70 AD destruction to address some future thousands of years way off into his future which would have no meaning to his people? Daniel also discusses this period in Dan 11.

Dan 9's 70 weeks concluded after week 69.5 when Messiah was cut-off. Keep in mind what the 70 weeks were for. It was for Daniel's people (the Jews) and their holy city (to be re-built - Jerusalem) to accomplish certain things. All of those things were accomplished back then. None of them are outstanding.

Futurists fail to recognize that the last OT prophets were Haggai and Malachi who lived at the end of the Babylonia exile. The next prophet would be John the Baptist. Thus the OT prophets from Isaiah to Malachi would write about important things such as the Babylonian exile, the devastation of Antiochus and the fall of the second temple. They would not skip these 3 key events and discuss today's Israel and a future 3rd temple when the 2nd temple wasn't even built yet.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Friend, the Mt. of Olives split in two allowing the Maccabees to escape in

Sorry, my reply got sent accidentally. Zech 13-14 was about the era of Antiochus IV and the Maccabees. The population of Jerusalem during this time was around 120,000. According to Josephus, Antiochus killed or enslaved 80,000 leaving 1/3 as the remnant. Keep in mind who Zechariah was and where he was in history. He wrote during the Babylonian captivity during the reign of Darius around 520 BC. He was a prophet of Judea and thus would be writing about events meaningful to his people. Following the return of Judeans to their land the next major military conflict would come in the 160s BC. Zech 13-14 perfectly describes the events of this period and you can see this if you read the Book of the Maccabees. If he wasn't discussing this period here, then where does he discuss it? Why would he skip over an event so monumental, then skip over the 70 AD destruction to address some future thousands of years way off into his future which would have no meaning to his people? Daniel also discusses this period in Dan 11.

Dan 9's 70 weeks concluded after week 69.5 when Messiah was cut-off. Keep in mind what the 70 weeks were for. It was for Daniel's people (the Jews) and their holy city (to be re-built - Jerusalem) to accomplish certain things. All of those things were accomplished back then. None of them are outstanding.

Futurists fail to recognize that the last OT prophets were Haggai and Malachi who lived at the end of the Babylonia exile. The next prophet would be John the Baptist. Thus the OT prophets from Isaiah to Malachi would write about important things such as the Babylonian exile, the devastation of Antiochus and the fall of the second temple. They would not skip these 3 key events and discuss today's Israel and a future 3rd temple when the 2nd temple wasn't even built yet.
when was the first resurrrection then? Rev 20:4

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Also, consider how Daniel ends chapter 9:

"And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

The next desolation would come in 70 AD. How was Jerusalem destroyed in 70 AD? It was consumed (by fire), a perfect match!! It would take an enormous stretch of the imagination to believe Daniel was skipping past this desolation and discussing another one 2,500 years or so later. The whole chapter was about getting their freedom and returning home to rebuild the city, right? Thus he ends the chapter discussing the end of that future city, not the city we see today. This is just plain common sense.

Thus all the words of the OT prophets were fulfilled in Christ, then in Israel's final demise in 70 AD. The beginning of Isaiah 65 is the prediction of those 66-70 AD events. Isaiah 65:13-15 echo the words of Rev 7:16-17. The below has both a literal and spiritual fulfillment of Isa 65.

13 Therefore thus says the Lord God:

“Behold, My servants (Christians) shall eat, But you (wicked priests) shall be hungry (Starving for truth and food during the siege of Jerusalem); Behold, My servants shall drink, But you shall be thirsty (See John 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life); Behold, My servants shall rejoice, But you shall be ashamed; 14 Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart, But you shall cry for sorrow of heart,
And wail for grief of spirit. 15 You shall leave your name as a curse to My chosen; For the Lord God will slay you, And call His servants by another name
(Christians, not Jews)."

Rev 7:

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

People don't realize that the wicked Jews were persecuting the believing Jews throughout the Roman empire but the worst of it was happening in Jerusalem. As they were being killed they "came out of that great tribulation" (persecution) and entered heaven where they will no longer hunger and thirst either physically or spiritually. The sun doesn't strike them because in heaven, there is no sun, God is the light.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Oct 9, 2019
I believe Mystery Babylon is the United States of America - no other modern nation has the kind of power that Mystery Babylon is described as having.

As for the ' city built on seven hills that reigns over the kings of the earth ' , these are not literal HILLS but rather CONTINENTS namely: North-America, South-America, Africa, Europe + Asia, Oceania and both Poles.

The United States of America is the most powerful nation in our post-war world order - Financially, Militarily and even Politically. Is there a nation on this Earth that wields as much influence over other Nations (Hills) as the United States of America does ?

Watch the videos below to hear a little of what the current Prophecies are in 2019 regarding this nation.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I believe Mystery Babylon is the United States of America - no other modern nation has the kind of power that Mystery Babylon is described as having.
Good day Afrikan!

It is important to pay attention to the details of scripture in order to come to a right interpretation. Consider the following:

"The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

The angel tells John that woman that John saw is that great city that rules over the kings of the earth. At the time John was receiving this information from the angel, Rome was that great city that ruled over the kings of the earth. America was not even a nation at that time. By making reference to this, it is pointing the reader to what Rome has become with her counterfeit church of the Vatican.

That said, Babylon the great is a city, not a nation!

As for the ' city built on seven hills that reigns over the kings of the earth ' , these are not literal HILLS but rather CONTINENTS namely: North-America, South-America, Africa, Europe + Asia, Oceania and both Poles.
The scripture is stated as follows:

"The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits"

Since we've already seen that the woman is that great city that rules over the kings of the earth, then that city sits on seven literal hills. The heads are the symbolism and the hills are what they are representing. Also, above you said that "the United States of America" was Mystery, Babylon. But your following scripture you have the seven hills as being North and south America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Oceania and both poles. These are not the part of the United states, but are individual regions.

There are three major clues which point us to Rome as the woman who rides the beast:

1). The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth."

Rome was that great city who ruled over the kings of the earth

2). The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits"

Rome was that city that was built upon and is famous for her seven hills

3). The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls."

Purple and scarlet are the exact colors worn by the bishops and cardinals of Roman Catholicism.

The United States of America is the most powerful nation in our post-war world order - Financially, Militarily and even Politically. Is there a nation on this Earth that wields as much influence over other Nations (Hills) as the United States of America does ?
The United States did not rule over the kings of the earth at the time that John was receiving that information from the angel, nor is the United States build on seven hills, nor is the United States dressed in purple and scarlet.

The United States, which is a nation, does not fit any of the criteria of Babylon the great which is a city.

1574879854769.png 1574879882212.png 1574879905769.png

Rome/Vatican is Babylon the great! And she is glittering with gold:

1574879967502.png

Oct 9, 2019
I don't deny that taken at a literal level, ROME and by extension the VATICAN, is certainly the best candidate for Babylon the Great but The Book of Revelations is chock full of Symbolism.

Deciding on the VATICAN as Babylon the Great is choosing to ignore the descriptions of that city in Revelations 18.

I know it must be an unsettling thought to imagine that your home and nation could fall under God's Judgement in such a manner but all it requires is a little objectivity.

Any reading of Revelations 18 details Babylon the Great's characteristics and why she is judged so harshly:
  • Pride in her Wealth and Position (Rev. 18:7) - IS THIS MORE EVIDENT IN HER THAN TODAY UNDER DONALD J. TRUMP ?
  • Joy in her Sins and Corruption which she teaches her neighbors to do (Rev. 18:3) - No. 1 PORNOGRAPHY Industry, LGBTQ+ Activism, ABORTION Activism, HOLLYWOOD FILTH MACHINE e.t.c.
  • The descriptions of the trade she engages in which cause the World's merchants (traders & businessmen) to cry in horror at her destruction. (Rev. 18:11-14) - THE VATICAN IS NOT A TRADING COUNTRY !!!
  • The Whole world marvels that such a great city could be destroyed, it seems unimaginable to them.

Do you really think the World and our Global Economy would be too shaken if the Vatican / Modern-day ROME was destroyed ???

The whole world - my home country included - depends almost entirely on the success of America (the great consumer of the World's goods detailed in Rev. 18:11-14) and only after her destruction will the world be weakened enough to accept the BEAST System just to survive.

If you think about it, it's actually a devious plan - Build up AMERICA, make the entire world dependent on her then, DESTROY her to create a scenario where the world readily welcomes the ANTICHRIST in order to regain a bit of the normalcy they once enjoyed.

This POPE and his 'Church' have their part to play in the story upon the establishment of the ONE-WORLD RELIGION, which will be used to persecute all true believers in Jesus Christ mercilessly.

I'll quote the chapter below, please think on it, DO NOT BE DECEIVED, The Vatican is inconsequential compared to the POWER wielded by AMERICA which as many like to repeat is - THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH.

Babylon’s Fall

1. After these things I saw another angel come from heaven. He had tremendous power, and his glory lit up the earth.

2. He cried out in a powerful voice, “Fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen! She has become a home for demons. She is a prison for every evil spirit, every unclean bird, and every unclean and hated beast.

3. All the nations fell because of the wine of her sexual sins. The kings of the earth had sex with her. Her luxurious wealth has made the merchants of the earth rich.”

4. I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of Babylon, my people, so that you do not participate in her sins and suffer from any of her plagues.

5. Her sins are piled as high as heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.

6. Do to her what she has done. Give her twice as much as she gave. Serve her a drink in her own cup twice as large as the drink she served others.

7. She gave herself glory and luxury. Now give her just as much torture and misery. She says to herself, ‘I’m a queen on a throne, not a widow. I’ll never be miserable.’

8. For this reason her plagues of death, misery, and starvation will come in a single day. She will be burned up in a fire, because the Lord God, who judges her, is powerful.

9. “The kings of the earth who had sex with her and lived in luxury with her will cry and mourn over her when they see the smoke rise from her raging fire.

10. Frightened by her torture, they will stand far away and say,

‘How horrible, how horrible it is for that important city, the powerful city Babylon! In one moment judgment has come to it!’

11. “The merchants of the earth cry and mourn over her, because no one buys their cargo anymore.

12. No one buys their cargo of gold, silver, gems, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, bright red cloth, all kinds of citron wood, articles made of ivory and very costly wood, bronze, iron, marble,

13. cinnamon, spices, incense, perfume, frankincense, wine, olive oil, flour, wheat, cattle, sheep, horses, wagons, slaves (that is, humans).

14. ‘The fruit you craved is gone.
All your luxuries and your splendor have disappeared.
No one will ever find them again.’

15. “Frightened by her torture, the merchants who had become rich by selling these things will stand far away. They will cry and mourn,

16. saying,
'How horrible, how horrible for that important city
which was wearing fine linen, purple clothes,
bright red clothes, gold jewelry, gems, and pearls.

17. In one moment all this wealth has been destroyed!’
Every ship’s captain, everyone who traveled by ship, sailors, and everyone who made their living from the sea stood far away.

18. When they saw the smoke rise from her raging fire, they repeatedly cried out, 'Was there ever a city as important as this?’

19. Then they threw dust on their heads and shouted while crying and mourning,

‘How horrible, how horrible for that important city.
Everyone who had a ship at sea
grew rich because of that city’s high prices.
In one moment it has been destroyed!’

20. “Gloat over it, heaven, God’s people, apostles, and prophets. God has condemned it for you.”

21. Then a powerful angel picked up a stone that was like a large millstone. He threw it into the sea and said,

"The important city Babylon will be thrown down with the same force. It will never be found again.

22. The sound of harpists, musicians, flutists, and trumpeters will never be heard in it again.
A skilled craftsman—regardless of the type of craft—will never be found in it again.
The sound of a millstone will never be heard in it again.

23. Light from lamps will never shine in it again.
Voices of brides and grooms will never be heard in it again.
Its merchants were the important people of the world, because all the nations were deceived by its witchcraft.

24. “The blood of prophets, God’s people, and everyone who had been murdered on earth was found in it.”

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
@Afrikan hello brother. I would like to ask you if you believe in the pre-trib rapture? The reason for asking this is I see you are from Kenya and I often hear that only us comfort loving westerners believe in the pre-trib rapture, but I know some brethren from Indonesia and Nigeria who also believe in it, which is why I want to ask you as well.

Thank you for joining us on the forum and in the discussion, we are blessed to have you.

Oct 9, 2019
P.S. @Ahwatukee, i really liked your photos of the American Landscape. (y)(y) The views are beautiful. (y)

Oct 9, 2019
@Afrikan hello brother. I would like to ask you if you believe in the pre-trib rapture? The reason for asking this is I see you are from Kenya and I often hear that only us comfort loving westerners believe in the pre-trib rapture, but I know some brethren from Indonesia and Nigeria who also believe in it, which is why I want to ask you as well.

Thank you for joining us on the forum and in the discussion, we are blessed to have you.

Thanks for the welcome.

On a personal level, i read up on a lot of prophecy and words that the Lord has given his annointed servants and use these to inform my opinions on the matter. Having said that, i understand that we all come from different denominations and cultural backgrounds that shape how we choose to interpret Scripture.

I like to think of the rapture in the context of the nature of GOD and everything that HE is.

GOD is merciful and intentional in all that he does so i guess my first question would be what purpose the rapture serves for HIM not just for us. If HE were to do a PRE-TRIBULATION Rapture then who would be left to reach out to those who were Lukewarm / Lost after all the 'good ones' were gone.

From prophecy, (i'll provide a link below) I've surmised that, there will be different times for the groups of people to be called Home during the Tribulation depending on the service HE will expect of them.

For the most faithful, they will be called Home first and the Lukewarm / Foolish Virgins / Converted Sinners will be the last group to go before the final destruction (IN THE 6TH BOWL JUDGEMENT OF Rev.16:16 )

All this happens, only after all those HE knows can be saved, have gone Home.

I hope you believe the material I've posted below, it has been of great help to me in straightening out and aligning my life with what i believe the Lord is speaking to us HIS people.

https://holyspiritwind.net/2019/07/stop-setting-and-guessing-dates/

https://holyspiritwind.net/2019/04/...-the-earth-but-the-truth-is-most-of-you-will/

https://holyspiritwind.net/2017/10/...-that-i-am-about-to-speak-of-begin-to-happen/

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I don't deny that taken at a literal level, ROME and by extension the VATICAN, is certainly the best candidate for Babylon the Great but The Book of Revelations is chock full of Symbolism.
Yes, it chock full of symbolism, but it is also chocked full of literal meanings, which is why it is important to be able to discern what is symbolic from what is literal.

Deciding on the VATICAN as Babylon the Great is choosing to ignore the descriptions of that city in Revelations 18.
Not at all! The descriptions in chapter 17 match those of that city described in chapter 18 perfectly. Chapter 17 introduces the woman as a city and then chapter 18 describes the same characteristics and her destruction. Here's a few examples from both chapters regarding the woman which we are told is a city:

Revelation 17:4
"The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls."

Revelation 18:16
"Woe! Woe to you, great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!

Revelation 17:2
"With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries"

Revelation 18:9
"When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry"

There many more comparisons, but I think you get the picture (or should) that chapter 17 & 18 are speaking of the same woman who was that great city who ruled over the kings of the earth and that city that sits on seven hills/mountains and who is dressed in purple and scarlet.

The descriptions in chapter 18 are not in opposition to those in chapter 17. Please give me an example of what you think is in opposition to the descriptions in chapter 18. They are in perfect harmony.

I know it must be an unsettling thought to imagine that your home and nation could fall under God's Judgement in such a manner but all it requires is a little objectivity.
It is not unsettling to me in the least, because I will be with the Lord. But as I told you, the US is a nation and not a city. That takes the US right out of the equation right from the get-go. In fact this erroneous teaching of the US being Babylon has been around for some time. It just does not fit any of the criteria at all.

Any reading of Revelations 18 details Babylon the Great's characteristics and why she is judged so harshly:
  • Pride in her Wealth and Position (Rev. 18:7) - IS THIS MORE EVIDENT IN HER THAN TODAY UNDER DONALD J. TRUMP ?
  • Joy in her Sins and Corruption which she teaches her neighbors to do (Rev. 18:3) - No. 1 PORNOGRAPHY Industry, LGBTQ+ Activism, ABORTION Activism, HOLLYWOOD FILTH MACHINE e.t.c.
  • The descriptions of the trade she engages in which cause the World's merchants (traders & businessmen) to cry in horror at her destruction. (Rev. 18:11-14) - THE VATICAN IS NOT A TRADING COUNTRY !!!
  • The Whole world marvels that such a great city could be destroyed, it seems unimaginable to them.
All of the characteristics above are mentioned in full or in part in Chapter 17 as well. Anything in chapter 18 is extra information regarding the woman.

Do you really think the World and our Global Economy would be too shaken if the Vatican / Modern-day ROME was destroyed ???
Here is what you are not taking into consideration. Prior to the 17th century and for many centuries prior, the pope controlled kings and their armies and that for fear of excommunication. And anyone who rejected the pope's as supreme and the Roman Catholic church as the true church, were arrested, thrown into prison, tortured, property confiscated and many times, burned. Roman Catholicism and her pope's were responsible for all of the inquisitions.

Today, according to Roman dogma, their goal is to regain the same power, with all people coming under the authority of the pope and his church by force if necessary. However, they do not currently have that power to enforce this. When that beast comes, he will put the office of the pope and his church back into power and that by force if need be.

I truly believe that one of the future pope's is going to play the part of the coming false prophet, as the head of that one-world last day religious system.

So, you need to keep this in mind regarding the Vatican's current condition, compared to what it is going to be during the time of the beasts reign. As it is, you are only looking at the woman from her current condition.

I would suggest that you read "Roman Catholicism in the Last Days: The woman who Rides the Beast" by Dave Hunt. His book goes into the history of Roman Catholicism and her pope's.