Mystery of Madeleine MCCann

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This investigation into Madeleines disappearance has been going in for many years now but latest report is this one:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/worl...-disturbing-wish-revealed-in-online-chat.html

It is a head scratcher for me...I dont know what to think But God knows and Hes just telling me Proverbs 10:18

If she is alive now she would be 18 years old. She was 3 when she disappeared, at a holiday resort in the Algarve, Portugal.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I recall when a child was unaccounted for after school and how distraught the mother was until the child was found...(she had gone to a friends house) it is every parents worst nightmare.

Personally I wouldnt leave any children under 14 unattended much less under 5 years old even if sleeping at home and checking every half hour but the mccanns and their friends all did this and thought nothing of it, leaving their holiday apartment unlocked...and I guess open to predators. Madelines twin brothers were sleeping in the same room, oblivious.

This guy that is charged and suspected might know something though it seems dodgy people did hang round the algarve all the time (its en route to the drug trade) outside the supposedly safe holiday resort.

if there is any lesson to be learned it is to be extra vigilant as a parent. It does seem they didnt take advantage of the resorts nanny listening service or night creche that other parents did if they wanted to go out for drinks and dinner while their children slept. At least one parent ought to have stayed behind. But they were doing this every night for the two weeks they were staying there. ?!

I know even at the library we take issue with parents who dump their children there cos its impssible to watch them all the time assuming they are always safe...that is why many have after school programs and supervised activities. It had got so extreme that the principal of my school told children they had to go straight home from school or change out of their uniform before entering any if the shops and businesses on the way home.

the local businesses were shocked as they always welcomed children after school as it was better they were there and they could at least keep an eye on them rather than out by themselves so in the end they compromised and said they would always take a roll of names for the after school program. but we are not talking about anyone under the age of 5 at school..they are relatively independent at that age or always have an older brother sister looking out for them

Madeleine was only 3 years old. She probably wouldnt have been able to understand why her parents would have left her alone with her younger siblings at night, just to have drinks with their friends. Even if it was just 100 metres away (apparently)

though I do know of parents who think nothing of this, go out to pubs and leave their children (sleeping?) in the pubs parking lot in the car.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The 2019 Netflix documentary doesnt seem to shed any light on anything just a bunch of speculation.

what will say though, is God did require the Israelites to sacrifice their firstborn child. If they were willing to obey God in this, they could be redeemed. The mCcanns arent likely to get their little girl (if alive, be now fully grown) back. No amount of money could make much difference, and they didnt spend the little time they had (3 years) with her for her to be aware or imprinted in her that she was lost so she could find them.
But if they give her up to God, she'll be saved.

A similar case happened not far from me where the mother wildly accused someone of abducting her child, when actually she wasnt watching and her 2 year old toddler had wandered off at a rental property they owned and were doing up. She was eventually found, but drowned in the creek.

The case of Saroo Brierley was he had been lost as a 5 year old in India when he took the wrong train and eventually found his birth mother/village as a 25 year old on google maps from Australia (he'd been adopted and taken in) is one of those heartwarming stories or heartbreaking, depends on how you view it. In all cases the parents had neglected their children.

Madeleines own grandparents wondered why the parents were leaving the children so vulnerable. Its not ok.

wintersrain

Feb 20, 2022
I remember this case as it broke and the follow-up reports. Her parents are to blame for her disappearance in my opinion because of their neglect. They reportedly left her in their hotel room asleep while they partied at the resort. Checking in on her from time to time.
Pedophiles are opportunists. If one had seen them check in and then watched as they did this back and forth to the room, they'd know the little girl was alone for a long period of time.
And it wasn't hard to access the room obviously since she went missing when the door was locked. I'm wondering if there was an adjoining room to hers. And if there was, did it have one of those pass through doors that allow for passage between rooms while in the rooms. Very easy to snatch a child that way and never be seen outside her room itself.

The article says Brueckner has a pretty good alibi. I'm wondering if "Wahnsinn-der-holger", the one he was in the chat with, could be the offender and they were musing all these years later and at the same time making allusions to what transpired fifteen years ago.

And who was Brueckner on the phone with to have that supposed alibi?
I don't think it would be unusual for pedophiles to work in concert.

Bless little Madeleine wherever she may be.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Seven years ago (I think) a darling little William Tyrell was playing outside his home and he just disappeared. He was three years old at the time. The police have interviewed just about everyone who might have been involved but they have turned up blanks. He would be 10 years old now but they do not know if he was kidnapped or killed.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
This investigation into Madeleines disappearance has been going in for many years now but latest report is this one:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/worl...-disturbing-wish-revealed-in-online-chat.html

It is a head scratcher for me...I dont know what to think But God knows and Hes just telling me Proverbs 10:18

If she is alive now she would be 18 years old. She was 3 when she disappeared, at a holiday resort in the Algarve, Portugal.
My guess is satanic pedophiles and government complicity. There were dirty compromises made for this abduction, at high levels, by people whose job was to prosecute evil-doers, not cover-up their crimes.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Seven years ago (I think) a darling little William Tyrell was playing outside his home and he just disappeared. He was three years old at the time. The police have interviewed just about everyone who might have been involved but they have turned up blanks. He would be 10 years old now but they do not know if he was kidnapped or killed.
I hadnt heard this one but funny just now am reading a Liane Moriarty novel and it mentions a spiderman disapperance must be referring to this case as the boy was Australian and wearing a spiderman costume at the time.

The other famous case in australia was baby Azariah and people suspected her mother but she claimed a dingo took her baby.

I am supposing wild dogs can take and kill babies but not sure about 3 year olds.

Hide and seek isnt that great a game when you think about it. If you are 'it' you shouldnt hide somewhere too good or your seekers will give up looking for you. To be lost is probably the worst feeling in the world and to lose a child is devastating for a mother. I dont know how dads feel though I get the impression with some dads they dont really care if their children go missing, some actually even tell their children to get lost.

I was chatting with one dad who jokingly said he would sell his own daughter cos he couldnt stand her living with him. I didnt even know what to say about that.