Nachash - Nachashim -- Serpents and enchantments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mitspa

You're right. I don't make the rules. That rule was around before America was. lol

So? I don't make the rules, but you do? And based on unfounded assumptions and self-created metaphors?

You're right in the blind can't help here.
So again I say..if you want to understand the "serpent" like the bronze serpent that represents our sin in the flesh being judged with Christ upon the Cross ...go obey the biblical charge to be crucified with Christ

When one understands what the serpent really represents, they can understand its spiritual symbolism throughout history.

D

Depleted

So again I say..if you want to understand the "serpent" like the bronze serpent that represents our sin in the flesh being judged with Christ upon the Cross ...go obey the biblical charge to be crucified with Christ

When one understands what the serpent really represents, they can understand its spiritual symbolism throughout history.
The nachesh in the Garden of Eden represents OUR sin?

Moses held up a nachesh to represent our sin so Israel could win that first battle in the wilderness?

Later on, Moses held up his nachesh to stop all israelites from being killed by the plague God gave to those Israelites for OUR sin?

Balaam, who didn't particularly like the Israelites, mouthed God's words that God gave him when God gave him his nachesh?

What are you talking about? Is everything in the Bible all about you symbolically, so whatever you say is more right-on than the Bible? That's nothing short of nuts!

M

Mitspa

The nachesh in the Garden of Eden represents OUR sin?

Moses held up a nachesh to represent our sin so Israel could win that first battle in the wilderness?

Later on, Moses held up his nachesh to stop all israelites from being killed by the plague God gave to those Israelites for OUR sin?

Balaam, who didn't particularly like the Israelites, mouthed God's words that God gave him when God gave him his nachesh?

What are you talking about? Is everything in the Bible all about you symbolically, so whatever you say is more right-on than the Bible? That's nothing short of nuts!
Yes the serpent represents "SIN" and the source of the sin that entered man at the fall.

Have you ever read the bible? Christ Himself said the bronze serpent was a type of His sacrifice for sin on the Cross. "SIN" being judged in His body and the issue was healing the people of Israel, not a battle. Study the bible before you try to teach others.

T

Tintin

This is what I'm saying. I find what he thinks so fascinating. It got me to wondering if that serpent in the garden was magically inclined. Maybe. Maybe not. I no longer picture him as an anaconda though.

As for dinosaurs? True. They hadn't put the pieces of the puzzle together as far as we have. (And we don't have all the pieces yet either.) BUT he knew there were gimungous crocs in the Nile then, and that the predecessors for those crocs were even bigger. I'm thinking maybe they had bones of prehistorics already. (And they really are prehistoric, since that just means before history was written down, or history so early, we no longer have the records. So, the tower of Babel is prehistoric, in that we lost the history and records of those people doing that act.)

Adam Clarke takes me three ways:
1. I believe what he says.
2. I don't understand what he says.
3. I don't believe what he says.

Often in the same article. However, he really makes us think it over. :)
Right. I feel the same way. Have you read Adam Clarke's commentary on Judges 16 concerning the parallels between Samson and Hercules? And the likelihood of Hercules being inspired by Samson's exploits? It's very interesting.

D

Depleted

Yes the serpent represents "SIN" and the source of the sin that entered man at the fall.

Have you ever read the bible? Christ Himself said the bronze serpent was a type of His sacrifice for sin on the Cross. "SIN" being judged in His body and the issue was healing the people of Israel, not a battle. Study the bible before you try to teach others.
Read the first post before you lecture me on studying or teaching. LOL

I was neither teaching nor making this up as I went along -- like you're doing. You've merely proven

D

Depleted

Right. I feel the same way. Have you read Adam Clarke's commentary on Judges 16 concerning the parallels between Samson and Hercules? And the likelihood of Hercules being inspired by Samson's exploits? It's very interesting.
I started with Genesis and I'm working through the whole Bible again. First time with commentators for the whole Bible (as compared to commentators for one book.) After two years of this, I'm on Numbers, so Judges is going to take quite some time. lol

M

Mitspa

I started with Genesis and I'm working through the whole Bible again. First time with commentators for the whole Bible (as compared to commentators for one book.) After two years of this, I'm on Numbers, so Judges is going to take quite some time. lol
yes I noticed you seem to get very offensive when anyone on this thread has tried to share any biblical truth with you... stay in a condition of biblical ignorance if you want, but others may want to understand the subject and I have explained that the true understanding of the "serpent" in all its typology, symbolism and spiritual value is found only in the Cross of Christ. Ill not cast anymore pearls before the swine on this thread.