Name It and Claim It

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
cessationism is so anti christ

What possesses anyone to disenfranchise the power of God????????

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
nope,wrong again;

6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
8 The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?
11 He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

You bring up your own point.
Someone says to you,go to the swimming hole and wash your eyes after I put some mud in them.

You will surely scream "false doctrine!!!!"
No, dont worry i must not scream.
Is this realy your example that claim it and name it is true?
A little weak example, ore has the blind man to wait days, month, years to got healed?
You have no example, because they're is none which supports your view.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
How many visit salvation services and leave unsaved?
Is that proof salvation no longer remains legitimate?

"In the bible i find that all who came to Jesus got healed ( out of nazareth)."

At the pool of saloam only one was healed.
I guess ole Jesus is fake huh?
Then please read the texts. It is not my idea. Always when it was written that the cloud came to Jesus it was written he healed all who came to him ore casted out the demons.

In the case of you example. It seams that Jesus himself was not at the pool of salome. Otherwise he would not send the blind man to this pool.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
....and salvation must be a lie also since many are prayed for and still die unconverted.
I suppose that somebody who is born again recognize it. And somebody who is healed knows this immeadiatly.

Is it not strange to tell somebody you are physical healed, but he remains still sick?

And are in this thread not enough examples of defenders of this name it and claim it doctrine which died in there sickness?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Then,under YOUR logic,salvation is false.
Look at all the unsaved.

psssst,there are reasons they are not saved EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE PRAYED FOR FOR YEARS.

But when it comes to healing you invoke a very tiny god. Yes,of course you see nothing.
Just like when Jesus visited his home town. They,like you saw nothing.
I believe that God heals today.
But i dont believe your doctrine, which claimes false prommisses.
And gave no proof from word of God and the reality.

7seasrekeyed

oh well goody!

another old thread kicked out of the grave to groan under the light of both a new year and a new decade

well hello kitty!

I have some videos of the fake teacher MacArthur saying half of Christendom's believers are full of the devil

oh you don't say!

no really...he said that. without any proof other than some desire to control people and fault what he cannot obtain because of his unbelief

Hinn is not a good example a NT believer. and neither is Macky old boy

14meatcc

Feb 17, 2020
San Diego
The Spirit of truth can not manifest through half-truths and lies. I believe in the original doctrine of the new testament. The Pauline doctrine of justification solely by faith.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I agree.
But right now it is hitting too close to home, and will no doubt separate the church in a tight community.
I don't ascribe to the"name it and claim it" doctrine. However, I do know that our thoughts have a great deal to do with our present state of being. Particularly when we battle disease or illness. God be with you. I will hold you in my prayers. Proverbs 23:7.

Dec 30, 2019
"you haven't been healed because you lack faith".
Maybe they never heard of Dr Ornish. He has a plan for diet, exercise and stress control that has been very effective in helping people to regain their health and live a good life. Although this would be more of a law based approach compared to faith. To often the faith they use has more to do with the power of suggestion and positive thinking. This is effective but time consuming.

CS1

May 23, 2012
One thing that really bothers me is when a Christian comes up to me and says, "you haven't been healed because you lack faith".
Boy, does that get me.
After they say it they put a pert, smug smile on their face because they feel no pain and you do.
You see, we have to claim our health and wealth and everything else because God wants us to have it all in this lifetime.

There are so many holes in this belief that I no longer know where to begin.
All I can say is that God is not a field of science for us to master.
Every time we think we know it all, we find that we really don't know it all.

I was once on the other side of this.
I saw too many preachers get rich and too many people stay sick.

Today we have more name it and claim it preachers (churches by many different names) than we ever had before.
Is there really a "name it and claim it" movement anywhere that is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

remember it is impossible to please God without faith. That being said, a person who says you have not been healed because you do not have faith you should have a Biblical response. the person saying that too you ask them did you and I pray for my healing? IS not asking God to heal me an act of faith? was my attitude bad ? did I cuss God ? Then my faith is being exercised. Maybe if you the person who said this were more encouraging and would agree with you for healing in anther words ask them to partner with you and agree in prayer to receive from the Lord that way now the faith they say you lack is also theirs. :)

7seasrekeyed

The Spirit of truth can not manifest through half-truths and lies. I believe in the original doctrine of the new testament. The Pauline doctrine of justification solely by faith.

ok

but you say you were saved 'sometime in eternity past'

like 2000 years ago or what? what do you mean exactly?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
That is called the law of attraction. Oprah love to promote this.
NiaCi is also known as the "Word of Faith" movement. It's total nonsense. How do I know? I've been naming a current year model Lotus to be sitting in my driveway for years, and so far my garage has just older model domestics there.

Maybe that's why she's a billionaire. And very good friends with Tyler Perry, a cross dresser, Joel Osteen and TD Jakes.
Other WOF ministries pastors.(other, not all).

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Here's a good video by Costi Hinn (nephew of Benny Hinn) on the fake teachings of the Health, Wealth, Prosperity crowd:

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/...nn-exposes-abusive-kind-false-teaching-today/
Acts 20:33

"I coveted no one’s silver or gold or apparel. You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my necessities and to those who were with me. In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Isa 53 5 1st Peter 2 24. Christ and using HIS name and who so ever.. lay hands on the sick they shall recover. Peter and John at the gate no silver no gold in Jesus name. Then they said later why look at us as if we did this under our own power. Its FAITH IN that Name! The provision as I read and understand has already been made. What I also noticed about Peter and John was.. gee what do they have that I don't? And.. wow they never once had to ask the Father.. or Jesus or the Holy Spirit.. no one. It was already done.

I look at what Christ or God said. These signs shall follow them that believe. Things like cast out demons, speak with new tongues, lay hands on shall recover.. on and on. Its NOT what I see happening around me or in someone else. God spoke it.. He can't lie. I and forgive me also know that if I doubt.. I wont get anything from Him.

Its what we choose to look at. This is just like what happen to Peter and the water. No matter WHAT is going on around, over under us.. ALWAYS no matter how bright or dark it gets.. ALWAYS keep our eyes on Christ! And KNOW that if HE said it.. HE will bring it to pass! We just so many times look at what is happening with someone else or we look at TIME. I simple believe...

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Notice how the WoF/NiaCi pastors are all rich? Their lifestyle and material things lead the parishioners in the pews to think it is all because of faith in WoF. And they're willing to pay (offerings) to keep that belief alive.
When your pastor pulls into the church lot driving a brand new model Rolls Royce, leave.