Napoleon Hill

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What do Christians think of Napoleon Hill, author of the business bestsellers 'Think and Grow Rich' and 'Outwitting the Devil'.

I have yet to make up my mind about him. Is he advocating some kind of positive thinking like prosperity gospel or something? He does seem to be against churches in his second book which I am reading now. He also says the devil is just negative thinking or giving up after failing, when one ought to just see it as a temporary setback.

Is running your own business or being an entrepeneur a good thing all the time though? what about the people who then get so consumed with their business and being rich on earth that they neglect everything else?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
So, you have read Think and Grow Rich - correct?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What do Christians think of Napoleon Hill, author of the business bestsellers 'Think and Grow Rich' and 'Outwitting the Devil'.
Napoleon Hill had some very sound advice for everyone, since he had done a tremendous amount of research on the laws of success (in business primarily, but in life also). But he also had some of his own ideas about religion and Christianity (which can be disregarded). So his books can be read for profit, as long as Christians can discern things properly.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
So, you have read Think and Grow Rich - correct?
no I picked up the second one about the devil , I dont remember reading this one.
I do remember reading a business book or maybe it was a self help book about positive thinking and the author kept saying he went by the scripture 'I can do all things theough Christ, who strengthens me' but cant remember if that was 'think and grow rich' or another book.

I remember a reading. a book called 'how to win friends and influence people' by Dale Carnegie and it was basically about how to be a con artist. The main tip was to flatter people by asking them about themselves....! Then you could get more money out of them.

Or was that the 'purpose driven life' which was about how to be a CEO pastor and run your own church business, preferably in a rich area. Then you wont need a second job.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I do remember reading a business book or maybe it was a self help book about positive thinking and the author kept saying he went by the scripture 'I can do all things theough Christ, who strengthens me' but cant remember if that was 'think and grow rich' or another book.
Oh, I am quite sure it wasn't TAGR.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I remember a reading. a book called 'how to win friends and influence people' by Dale Carnegie and it was basically about how to be a con artist.
TAGR is one of those kind of books.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I was thinking of this other book called 'The power of Positive thinking' By Norman Vincent Peale.

That one is ok.

I think TAGR might be one of those kooky business type books that people who read The Secret like. Seems to be the same kind of hooey. Believe and you can achieve etc. Doesnt matter if you stomp on others, just you be number one. Believe in yourself.