Natural immunity? Faith for healing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I strictly only talked about natural immunity not how to handle the pandemic. If that was the question, I missed it as I was defending natural immunity.

Vaccines are good for the at risk population otherwise natural immunity for kids and young adults is just as safe.

Australia that is funny. Wasn't it a few months ago y'all were in a prison like status due to Covid? I heard you couldn't even go outside.
It varies from state to state. Where I live was pretty strict, but there has been a fair amount of exaggeration. I know that you were defending natural immunity. It sounds good but it is impracticable. And I suspect you are using the wrong term, hence my confusion. If you are talking about the immune system, that is a different subject.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
It varies from state to state. Where I live was pretty strict, but there has been a fair amount of exaggeration. I know that you were defending natural immunity. It sounds good but it is impracticable. And I suspect you are using the wrong term, hence my confusion. If you are talking about the immune system, that is a different subject.
howard springs quarantine camp.

is that exaggerated??

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
You can have your own opinion, not your own facts. The only explanation for India and Africa not being hit much harder is that Ivermectin and HCQ are very effective.

Well I prefer to risk Covid. Maybe you should take your own advice.

No, of course not, I am not simply pulling these things up out of my rear end like the left does. India didn't have enough oxygen which is why they went to Ivermectin. NY Governor Cuomo would not allow them to use oxygen and forced people onto ventilators which had a mortality rate of 90%. It has nothing to do with what I think, it is what the facts were. Also, everyone should know that it is simple to make oxygen from water, all you need is electricity. The idea that NY was worried about a shortage of oxygen only works for the naive and ignorant.

Once again, you have the right to your own opinions, not to your own facts. Africa has 2% vaccination rate. Look at the data, they are doing much better than Europe or the US. Taiwan has used taking temperatures at the door of businesses very effectively. This is a simple and inexpensive solution, far cheaper for businesses than being shut down. The most important things you can do are easy to enforce, temperature at the door, people with symptoms stay home from work, and you use sneeze guards for cashiers, bus drivers, etc.

Which is why they are punishing Africa. Africa is exposing their lies about HCQ. No one is allowed to contradict the narrative that the vaccine is essential, if you do you will be punished.
Facts? Really?

South Africa: Population: 59.3 million approx.

Cases: 2.99M

Deaths: 89,915

Australia: Population: 25.7 million approx.

Cases: 213,000

Deaths: 2,021

Population: 25.7 million

800 deaths occurred before vaccination was available. Do the maths. Australia's population just under half SA. SA death rate 44 times as high.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
howard springs quarantine camp.

is that exaggerated??
It's a normal response to pandemics and has been for thousands of years - even in Old Testament times. Try being on a ship with a plague infected crew. They were left to live or die on the ship.

"Mortality depends on the type of plague: Bubonic plague is fatal in about 50-70% of untreated cases, but perhaps 10-15% when treated. Septicaemic plague is almost 100% fatal, and perhaps 40% with treatment. Pneumonic plague is 100% fatal, regardless of treatment."

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Facts? Really?

South Africa: Population: 59.3 million approx.

Cases: 2.99M

Deaths: 89,915

Australia: Population: 25.7 million approx.

Cases: 213,000

Deaths: 2,021

Population: 25.7 million

800 deaths occurred before vaccination was available. Do the maths. Australia's population just under half SA. SA death rate 44 times as high.
Fair enough --South Africa has vaccinated 22% of the population and has 1,490 deaths per million, Nigeria has vaccinated 2% and has 14 deaths per million.

South Africa has one of the most crowded slums in the world, probably not a reasonable comparison with Australia. India is probably a better comparison. India has 336 deaths per million. India has a vaccination rate of 33%.

These numbers may seem like a lot, but the average life expectancy is approximately 80 years. So we would expect 12,500 deaths per million. 125 deaths is 1%.

So then South Africa -- about 10%, Nigeria 0.1%, India 3%

In the US 80% of Covid deaths were the elderly. If that is true in these countries then Nigeria and India are trivial in deaths among those who younger than 65. We are talking of a sampling size of over 1.6 billion people and very low vaccination rates.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Fair enough --South Africa has vaccinated 22% of the population and has 1,490 deaths per million, Nigeria has vaccinated 2% and has 14 deaths per million.

South Africa has one of the most crowded slums in the world, probably not a reasonable comparison with Australia. India is probably a better comparison. India has 336 deaths per million. India has a vaccination rate of 33%.

These numbers may seem like a lot, but the average life expectancy is approximately 80 years. So we would expect 12,500 deaths per million. 125 deaths is 1%.

So then South Africa -- about 10%, Nigeria 0.1%, India 3%

In the US 80% of Covid deaths were the elderly. If that is true in these countries then Nigeria and India are trivial in deaths among those who younger than 65. We are talking of a sampling size of over 1.6 billion people and very low vaccination rates.
Life expectancy India - 70
South Africa - 64
Nigeria - 55

Nowhere near 80.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Life expectancy India - 70
South Africa - 64
Nigeria - 55

Nowhere near 80.
If the life expectancy is lower then you expect more people per million to die and therefore the numbers for Covid are even less significant.

For example, in South Africa if the life expectancy is 64, then we expect 15,625 deaths per million. That means they had 9.5% of those deaths were from Covid.

If we see the same 80% of the deaths from the elderly it means that 7.6% of the deaths were elderly and 1.9% of the deaths were not elderly.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
If the life expectancy is lower then you expect more people per million to die and therefore the numbers for Covid are even less significant.

For example, in South Africa if the life expectancy is 64, then we expect 15,625 deaths per million. That means they had 9.5% of those deaths were from Covid.

If we see the same 80% of the deaths from the elderly it means that 7.6% of the deaths were elderly and 1.9% of the deaths were not elderly.
I believe that any unnecessary death is bad. And that ignores the many more who suffer chronic and serious illness as a result of COVID. Statistically, road deaths are utterly insignificant. Who seriously believes that the roads should go back to the law of the jungle? That drunk driving should be acceptable?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I believe that any unnecessary death is bad. And that ignores the many more who suffer chronic and serious illness as a result of COVID. Statistically, road deaths are utterly insignificant. Who seriously believes that the roads should go back to the law of the jungle? That drunk driving should be acceptable?

are taking people out of their homes and placing them in quarantine camps, as your evil government does, acceptable??

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Everyone agrees with these principles. The question is what is the best way to do that. There is a cost to everything they do, shutdowns lead to deaths, lockdowns lead to deaths, vaccine leads to deaths. This is why we study them for years before we mandate them.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Everyone agrees with these principles. The question is what is the best way to do that. There is a cost to everything they do, shutdowns lead to deaths, lockdowns lead to deaths, vaccine leads to deaths. This is why we study them for years before we mandate them.
No, we do not have to study for years. Quarantine has been the first response since the 14th century at least. There have been enough pandemics to have a reasonable idea of how to deal with them. A lot of disease outbreaks are snuffed out by quick action from medical authorities. It's when the disease is so contagious that it gets loose before it before it can be controlled that we have problems.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
are taking people out of their homes and placing them in quarantine camps, as your evil government does, acceptable??
So you would rather they died of COVID or spread it to other people who die? I suggest that you examine the facts before making a comment. You just display your ignorance.

The vast majority of people quarantine at home. The camps, as you call them, replace hotels that were used for people coming from overseas or interstate. Hotel quarantine has a number of disadvantages, not least the cost.

We do not have one government. There are 7 state and one federal. State governments are responsible for health. Each state has its own way of dealing with the situation. Some states have closed borders for months, others have been far more relaxed.

Australia has one of the lowest rates of infection and loss of life in the world. If you consider that evil, well I don't agree. I don't like any aspect of COVID or the response to it. However, the alternative is much worse.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
No, we do not have to study for years. Quarantine has been the first response since the 14th century at least. There have been enough pandemics to have a reasonable idea of how to deal with them. A lot of disease outbreaks are snuffed out by quick action from medical authorities. It's when the disease is so contagious that it gets loose before it before it can be controlled that we have problems.
Yes, from years of study we know that social distancing can be effective, we have 50+ years of study showing the HCQ is effective against a viral infection especially if used early, from study we know about vitamin D and zinc and Ivermectin. From study we have also found that many of the so called wonder drugs caused horrible deformities, or they were deadly, or they caused some other adverse reaction. We are not ignorant, we know that most of these drugs, vaccines, or whatever else comes out of these labs get rejected after testing because they have serious adverse effects.

We also know that lockdowns cause death, unemployment leads to higher numbers of death, from years of study we know the negative health impacts of obesity. The term "quarantine" refers to something we do to people who are infectious, not to those who have tested negative from this. We have also, through study determined that asymptomatic spread of Covid is not an issue.

Yes through years of study we have learned how to manipulate people through fear, how the media can be weaponized to get people to behave in any way the ruler of this air wants them to behave.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Yes, from years of study we know that social distancing can be effective, we have 50+ years of study showing the HCQ is effective against a viral infection especially if used early, from study we know about vitamin D and zinc and Ivermectin. From study we have also found that many of the so called wonder drugs caused horrible deformities, or they were deadly, or they caused some other adverse reaction. We are not ignorant, we know that most of these drugs, vaccines, or whatever else comes out of these labs get rejected after testing because they have serious adverse effects.

We also know that lockdowns cause death, unemployment leads to higher numbers of death, from years of study we know the negative health impacts of obesity. The term "quarantine" refers to something we do to people who are infectious, not to those who have tested negative from this. We have also, through study determined that asymptomatic spread of Covid is not an issue.

Yes through years of study we have learned how to manipulate people through fear, how the media can be weaponized to get people to behave in any way the ruler of this air wants them to behave.
I'll not comment further. It's a waste of time.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
An utterly irrelevant response. The only way anyone can have natural immunity is if they catch the disease. And recover. Plainly, not everyone does.
But you have failed to mention something that is critically important. If a person shows symptoms and is given early treatment with ivermectin or the HCQ combo pack, not only will that person recover, but he or she will also have natural immunity after that. The human body immediately produces antibodies when there is a viral invasion. However if that person is in poor health and/or has other health issues, then the drug is necessary. However, the medical establishments have sabotaged these early treatments because there is an evil agenda afoot. Doctors have had to fight hospitals to administer ivermectin.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The only way anyone can have natural immunity is if they catch the disease. And recover. Plainly, not everyone does.
This is not true. Cow pox and Small pox is the basic example and significant discovery in the development of vaccines.

Covid19 is related to SARS, if you recovered from SARS there are indications that you have partial immunity to Covid19 as those countries hardest hit by SARS like Vietnam and Taiwan did very well with the Covid pandemic.

Second, Covid19 is a Corona virus so recovering from other Corona virus may confer partial immunity. Why do you think school children and teachers have had such extremely low mortality rates compared to the elderly? It is very likely that the exposure to the common cold has developed a healthy immune response to Covid and could be partial immunity.

The truth is surviving infection from one virus may confer immunity or partial immunity to another similar virus.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/31/a-viral-mystery-can-one-infection-prevent-another/

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
But you have failed to mention something that is critically important. If a person shows symptoms and is given early treatment with ivermectin or the HCQ combo pack, not only will that person recover, but he or she will also have natural immunity after that. The human body immediately produces antibodies when there is a viral invasion. However if that person is in poor health and/or has other health issues, then the drug is necessary. However, the medical establishments have sabotaged these early treatments because there is an evil agenda afoot. Doctors have had to fight hospitals to administer ivermectin.
Complete rubbish. HCQ is for Malaria and Invermectin to treat animals. You can tell who has been taking invermectin. They bark and scratch themselves a lot.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Complete rubbish. HCQ is for Malaria and Invermectin to treat animals. You can tell who has been taking invermectin. They bark and scratch themselves a lot.
You are a funny guy.

HCQ was used to sterilize water of parasites. It was first used for malaria when a guy was deathly sick, they had no way to get him to a doctor and the thought, hey, let's try this.

The reason this works is because it is an oxidizer and simple organisms like single celled parasites as well as viruses are too simple to have any defense against oxidizers.